Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRacer6908
Intemediatecultivator

PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, but it lokks ok so far HELP!
    #1634212 - 06/15/03 01:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok here's the deal, one my diggy camera is broke so I don't have any picks, but I Tried a new bulk method and everything was going fine and presume it still is. I used the vermiculite,brown rice method, but stepped it up a notch. I mixed the substarte with waterto the correct consistancy a little on the wet side you'll see why later. Then I filled a 9" x 11" cake pan (the disposible aluminum oneS from D.G.) then I baked it at 300 degrees for 55 min. pull the rack out and cover it, taking about 5 min. so overall about an hour. Let it cool to room temp. Then in a fairly sterile enviorment I opened it and broke up to 1 pint cvakes and laid them on top as a casing. and coveragain with saran wrap. I then proceded to inject 400cc of some potent syrines into it. I wanted overkill to help reduce the chance of contamination sice it was a big area. That all went goo until about a week ago, I let it go for about 3 weeks and it was almost fully colonized but water was building up on the syran wrap and killing the mycelium, then it started to mold I think. So I opened it again and removed the mold and let it go for a week and nice white mycelium took over where the mold was. Then it started to do the same thing so it was colonized full enough so I took it out and put it into the terrium. It's at about 85 degrees and over 75 percent of humidity. But here's what I'm not sure about the mycelium has grown and started to rise off the cake it's reall fluffy like an inch off the cake. I've started to give it light so it will hopefully begin to pin I'm scared the mycelium will grow until a certain height and fall then die. I've never seen this but am new to bulk methods also. If anyone has any idea what to do I need HELP. Also if there's any other bulk ideas that you guys know easier then the one I've concocted please let me know.

--------------------
If It can grow in nature, than it's not a Drug.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, but it lokks ok so far HELP! [Re: Racer6908]
    #1634606 - 06/15/03 07:10 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I wish it were that easy, bro :smile:

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Offlinejonas

Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, but it lokks ok so far HELP! [Re: Racer6908]
    #1634723 - 06/15/03 10:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

400cc?!
WOW

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, but it lokks ok so far HELP! [Re: jonas]
    #1634986 - 06/15/03 01:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That shit dosent sound like mycelium but sounds like a contamn! I dont think that would work...at all

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, but it lokks ok so far HELP! [Re: jonas]
    #1635419 - 06/15/03 06:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hahaha.. that's 40 syringes.
I'm fairly sure whatever is growing in there is not mycelium but a contam.

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, but it lokks ok so far HELP! [Re: zeta]
    #1637332 - 06/16/03 02:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like cobweb

Invisiblecalicyco

Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, bu [Re: houshroom]
    #1638270 - 06/16/03 09:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Dude you mixed wet brf into a pan covered in saran wrap? Then heated it in an oven? Thats not going to sterilize that. What you have there is a big pile of disgusting contamination that is highly toxic. Yuck.

Heating wet substate in an oven at 300 does NOT heat the substrate to 300. It heats it to the boiling point of water which is 212 degrees at sea level. It will not exceed that temp until all the water is boiled out.

You have to heat substate to 250 degrees for at least an hour for proper sterilization. You need a pressure cooker for any kind of bulk growing.

also, 400cc is what, almost half a liter?!?!?! Jesus...

You should read the grow guides here in the faq section and do it properly a few times, then move to grain. Understand what it is you are doing.

Offlinerealrasta
man in my closet

Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, bu [Re: calicyco]
    #1639498 - 06/17/03 01:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

plus there is no way u used 40 syringes that would be stupid stupid stupid

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: PoSSIBLE NEW BULK TECH. I don't think this is normal, bu [Re: realrasta]
    #1646048 - 06/19/03 10:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I don't want to knock you, because i have done some dumb shit in my day, but your sterility procedures are terrible. Cooking it won't do dick if you open it back up again, because there are enough spores in the air to give your shit 1000's of different contams. That white fluffy stuff sounds like cobweb to me. If it smells sweet and sour.... its cobweb, and you should scrape it off and wash that whole thing in a 1% bleach solution. Even then you might still be fucked. I hope it comes out ok and its just aeiral mycelum. Good Luck.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology