Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Invisibleteknix
π“‚€βŸπ“…’π“π“…ƒπ“Š°π“‰‘ 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: Wiring Solar Panels to your car. [Re: ReaLighTea]
    #16136450 - 04/25/12 12:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ReaLighTea said:
why do people like "DieCommie" try to discourage others from productive research? when you try to stray from the status quo, you get these self herding people attacking you. i generated hydrogen with tap water, baking soda, and four 3.7 volt lithium ion batteries, albeit not much, it was enough to fill a balloon over time. $4.50 a gallon of gas. $1.50 a gallon of distilled water. someone is selling gallium aluminum alloy on ebay for $60/30gm. that stuff generates HHO gas without electricity, and the alloy doesn't get exhausted until 1,000's of gallons of H2O have been dissociated. scientists are also learning how to use cobalt and phosphate (phosphoric acid + cobalt carbonate i believe would work!) in electrolysis. diecommie, in your opinion, the most efficient thing to do is do nothing at all? how anti social can you get? we can ferment natural gas from garbage, literally. natural gas is abundant. forget about the alternator. as your HHO efficiency improves, alternator resistance will become irrelevant! just be careful you don't blow the head gasket :laugh:

cobalt + phosphate experiments:
http://blip.tv/chemical-explorers/tiny-bubbles-pilot-1150780
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/07/reverse-fuel-ce/

my understanding is the best electrolyte is potassium hydroxide, and distilled water being as cheap as it is, use it. its not like it goes as fast as a gallon of gas goes, because water is much denser than gas, and the HHO goes along way. you could also get a second battery. having the solar panels goto the battery which goes to the HHO cell. there's a lot of possibilities. and i'm hearing a lot of people claiming 30% - 50% better gas milage.

please continue your research, and update. great idea with the solar panels. perhaps you might want to protect them with plexiglass shielding. never know when hail will rain down... or the wrath of kawn will flurry.

ΠΏΠΎΠ·Π΄Ρ€Π°Π²Π»Π°ΡŽ Π΄Ρ€ΡƒΠ³! ΡƒΠ΄Π°Ρ‡ΠΈ!

Thanks for the info and lead for some more preliminary research. I am still playing around with it, just been busy with school. I am also waiting for the proper MC3 connectors so I don't have to splice the wire on the panels to run them parallel.

I was running them in series and realized I am losing a lot of energy as heat with higher voltage. I figure if the hydrogen thing doesn't work out I will still have a good start on a portable energy station.

The thing is that running the panels at a lower voltage wont charge the battery bank in parallel, So I will probably use the ePVL to charge the batteries and and panels directly to the hydrogen generator.  Then I'm thinking to connect the batteries in parallel with the "solar shingles" to a combiner/switch, which I think will need a blocking diode somewhere to prevent the panels from drawing energy from the battery? Also I am wondering if there will be a conflict connecting a 12VDC and a 8.5VDC to the hydrogen generator?

Another option is to just run the shingles in series and parallel with the evpl's in parallel. (Which I will do if the hydrolysis doesn't pan out)

The Alternative Energies professor and the Chemistry Professor at the college I am attending would agree with you that potassium hydroxide is the best bet in most hydrolysis applications.

Diecommie is inherently skeptical of most things, but it's all good :P

I got 2 of these flexibles ePVL's which I plan on sticking to a sheet of tyvek for portability and to charge the battery.

And 2 of these 12V 50ah Gel Cells:

And a 600w pure sinewave inverter to run some gadgets.

So I am starting to invest in solar I guess ^.^

Edited by teknix (04/25/12 01:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleteknix
 User Gallery

Re: Wiring Solar Panels to your car. [Re: teknix]
    #16341794 - 06/06/12 03:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Finally got some time off school and used it to get the stuff wired together, it isn't plugged into a hydrogen generator yet, but it is a source for portable power. I still need to figure out how to mount the solar shingles on the jeep, but the flexible ePVL's will stick to tyvek!

I'll continue to upgrade as I can. Everything works great, I used the system to drill the holes into the plywood mount. :smile:

Oh, and btw, These ePVL's are only $100 now! :laugh:

http://www.simpleray.com/UniSolar-ePVL-68-Laminate-Amorphous-Solar-Panel-p/1200-011.htm

Edited by teknix (06/06/12 03:56 PM)

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

#16342279 - 06/06/12 05:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: :cheers:

--------------------

Invisibleteknix
 User Gallery

Re: Wiring Solar Panels to your car. [Re: unknown1123]
    #16342544 - 06/06/12 06:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I need help figuring out how to reduce the voltage down to around 2 volts from the 12 volt batteries to hook it up to the hydrogen generator without getting so much waste heat. I know I'm going to prob need to use a circuit board and resistors, I just forget how to figure it out.

Any help appreciated ty.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #16344640 - 06/07/12 03:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Unless you use a DC/DC converter, you are going to generate waste heat.  Depending upon the current, this may or may not be an issue.  Next up is a linear regulator.  After that is a simple resistor divider.  I wouldn't recommend the resistor divider solution, as your output voltage will drop as your battery voltage drops.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder