Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehemp_threadz
journeyman
basic hunting questions
    #1634101 - 06/14/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i ahve a few basic questions---

1-are there any known shrooms that grow in canada, if so what season.
2-can shrooms found in the wild have diseases.
3- can a dog thats been trained help find wild shrooms

thats all, thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: basic hunting questions [Re: hemp_threadz]
    #1634219 - 06/15/03 12:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For question #1, read the FAQ. It answers that question fairly well.

For #2, what are really wanting to know? I am unaware of any diseases which can be transmitted from members of one kingdom to another. Certainly, there are diseases of mushrooms.

For #3, dogs are used in France to help find truffles.

Is that what you're looking for?

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblekoraks
Re: basic hunting questions [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1635230 - 06/15/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

1- Don't know, read the faq or do a google on that one. Sorry. But I suspect Ps. Semilanceata and Azurescens could be native. The climate should be appropriate.
2- Yes, they can have diseases, but most likely they won't affect a human being. There's always the risk of a shroom carrying diseases because some infected mammal pissed or pood on it. I know that here in western Europe, there's some disease spread by fox which can be actually lethal in man. But I reckon the odds of contracting something harmful are very small. Apart from mis=identification, because that's your main enemy!
3- Perhaps it can be done, but it would be much more time consuming than training yourself how to do it :smile: . But seriously, it's much easier to concentrate on certain environment your favorite shrooms thrive in, and to study their appearance so you recognize them, than training a dog to point its nose in the right direction.

Happy hunting!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: basic hunting questions [Re: hemp_threadz]
    #1635896 - 06/15/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There's been 2 threads in that past that I remember where people have discussed hunting mushrooms using a dog. As far as we know, it could probably be done with the right training.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: basic hunting questions [Re: Gumby]
    #1637086 - 06/16/03 10:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ugh hunting shrooms with a dog  :smirk:. truffles are hunted with pigs or dogs because they are underground and hard to find without the keen sense of smell of a dog.

at least dogs can jump fences easier.

it matters what part of canada you live in. i would say that P. semilanceata can be found throughout a lot of canada (British Columbia, Quebec, Ontario), and Panaeolus subbalteatus through those regions and probably more. your best would be those two.

the 'fox' disease you are referring to is a special type of tape worm whose eggs or something like that travel in the air or are easily spread. eating them results in reproduction in your intestinal track. somehow some larvae travel to other parts of your body and can form huge cysts etc. up to soccer ball size that are as dangerous as tumors. athough most of the time they are tennis ball size and form around the liver or digestive track.

the parasites themselves are not that harmful in their parasitic actions, but these 'cysts' are. the disease has already killed several thousand people in europe and is not everywhere. in the north america, from what i remember, it is only prevalent in northern parts of the U.S. and in parts of canada.

all this information i remember from a shroomery post about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. search for a thread containing a post with tapeworms and you should find the info with a link to a site with information on distribution and other shit.

hopefully none of us will ever have worms crawling out of our asses.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds