Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAntonkrog
Potuser
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: circastes]
    #16335156 - 06/05/12 09:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Courage will get you places. It will erase death anxiety, for sure.

I near-floored it without indicators or any real judgement, just a quick guess, to manuever around a car and a truck in front of me before the turning lane ended, this morning. Worked a charm

Sounds real epic. Some people say theres a line between courage and foolishness but thats just what cowards say

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sdn5FeiEMi4
Check out my new series about to be launched please comment

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #16335199 - 06/05/12 09:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
I wouldn't quite call it a game - more of school. I suppose it becomes a game once you graduate the school.

:lol::thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: Icelander]
    #16335663 - 06/05/12 11:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Might a better goal to be to learn, slowly, to embrace impermanence so as to be able to indulge in the here and now, to whatever level one feels the courage for that?

The real goal is to remove suffering. There are many impermanent things that I enjoy but some bring suffering and are best observed rather than engaged in until the nature of that suffering is better seen. I've experienced what cosmo is describing and I have also watched the aftermath for myself. Now rather than watch the aftermath I watch what desires those experiences in the first place.

It is learning and there is nothing about impermanence that is inherently bad. Lessening suffering is just much more important than feeling important and so I move in directions that aid that goal. Feeling unimportant doesn't bring suffering like feeling important and then losing it does.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: Kickle]
    #16335772 - 06/05/12 12:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'll still choose to love, have passion, feel important even if I do lose it and it may bring me suffering in the end. I think one can still live in this way while keeping a mindful grasp on impermanence.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#16336429 - 06/05/12 02:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Do what makes ya the happiest bro :thumbup:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: Kickle]
    #16336502 - 06/05/12 02:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

true dat

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #16336850 - 06/05/12 04:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
I'll still choose to love, have passion, feel important even if I do lose it and it may bring me suffering in the end. I think one can still live in this way while keeping a mindful grasp on impermanence.

I don't think we really have a choice unless you wall yourself up in a cave with a shit bucket and a friendly monk outside.  This is a prison of experience for better or worse.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #16337301 - 06/05/12 05:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I feel yea, there is no way to hide. Gotta embrace both the highs and the lows.

OfflineKupo
Kupop!

#16337893 - 06/05/12 07:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Amen to embracing impermanence.

Now if I could only swallow those words

InvisibleWhite Beard

Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: Kupo]
    #16338222 - 06/05/12 08:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No one can I don't think.
Unless you are an immortal.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #16338254 - 06/05/12 08:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
You've all been to the afterlife, and back again.

Put that in your strut next time you start dragging your feet.

:sun:

back to the OP - just thought i'd throw something out that i've read... that in OBEs it's the astral body that experiences it and that this astral body, which is connected to the physical body, dies with the physical body at death. in this theory, it's a subtler casual body that stores experiences and survives the break-up of the body and reincarnates, etc.

this is what i've heard i think from a hindu slant on this. if this is the case then even if OBEs are real experiences (whatever that means) they're not the same as what is experienced after death.

here are some quotes on the astral body: http://ramaquotes.com/html/astral_body.html
and on the casual body: http://ramaquotes.com/html/causal_body.html
(this is according to zen master rama, who some say is questionable)

--------------------

OfflineAntonkrog
Potuser
Male

Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: deff]
    #16340252 - 06/06/12 09:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
Quote:

circastes said:

back to the OP - just thought i'd throw something out that i've read... that in OBEs it's the astral body that experiences it and that this astral body, which is connected to the physical body, dies with the physical body at death. in this theory, it's a subtler casual body that stores experiences and survives the break-up of the body and reincarnates, etc.

this is what i've heard i think from a hindu slant on this. if this is the case then even if OBEs are real experiences (whatever that means) they're not the same as what is experienced after death.

here are some quotes on the astral body: http://ramaquotes.com/html/astral_body.html

I respect this but dont agree in a way.
You see i believe your astral body is consciousness that lives forever. But it took human form. So when you die or the apocolypse come then your astral body becomes your permanent body. Its a conscious energy that will live forever. Technically energy cant be destroyed just converted in another form.

--------------------

Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

Loc: Being a burden
Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: Antonkrog]
    #16340314 - 06/06/12 09:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Antonkrog said:
Quote:

deff said:
Quote:

circastes said:

I respect this but dont agree in a way.
You see i believe your astral body is consciousness that lives forever. But it took human form. So when you die or the apocolypse come then your astral body becomes your permanent body. Its a conscious energy that will live forever. Technically energy cant be destroyed just converted in another form.

Technically that energy is energy and not consciousness. I guess you could say that consciousness is energy in brain form though.

--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAntonkrog
Potuser
Male

Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: dustinthewind13]
    #16340378 - 06/06/12 09:53 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Brain waves. Psychic energy. Consiosness, astral travel. All that is one thing. All of that has to do with astral projection as well. Its like your soul or your spirit. Its what makes you live. You have alot of physicals things in your body and alot of chemicals etc aswell. But to describe your astral body or consiousness is impossible. And yes we were at the beginning of the earth , we have lived just as long as the universe it self. An explosion of energy occured and thats how everything started. Im not a christian, but think about it. Maybe god is just an almighty energy and there was a big bang , the energy or consiousness scaterred and thus creation of us. I dont know how or what. It just feels right.

Spiritual awakening is happening now in 2012...

--------------------

Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

Loc: Being a burden
    #16340415 - 06/06/12 10:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Antonkrog said:
Brain waves. Psychic energy. Consiosness, astral travel. All that is one thing. All of that has to do with astral projection as well. Its like your soul or your spirit. Its what makes you live. You have alot of physicals things in your body and alot of chemicals etc aswell. But to describe your astral body or consiousness is impossible. And yes we were at the beginning of the earth , we have lived just as long as the universe it self. An explosion of energy occured and thats how everything started. Im not a christian, but think about it. Maybe god is just an almighty energy and there was a big bang , the energy or consiousness scaterred and thus creation of us. I dont know how or what. It just feels right.

Without my brain I am merely a corpse. Whatever happens to my energy when I die I don't know. I can guess as much as I want and come up with as many theoretically plausible things that could happen when I die. As far as evidence goes I am most convinced that my consciousness from this life doesn't get transferred anywhere. Unless I believe all those chemically induced alternate states of consciousness I have attempted to reach using various tools. Unfortunately, these epiphanies usually get replaced by more down to earth ones as soon as I'm... am... back down to earth... :shrug:

I think oobe experiences and the likes is extremely fun and a useful means to learn something about yourself, even if they are fake experiences.

--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #16340448 - 06/06/12 10:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Antonkrog said:

And what about the "lesser" life forms. Grubs, maggots, lice, parasites, etc. Do they have an astral body too or is it just you and your ilk? :imspecial:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineAntonkrog
Potuser
Male

#16340545 - 06/06/12 10:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know all the answers man. But i doubt they have souls. Humans were created to rule over them. The human is special. Unlike an animal. Maybe if they die, the decompose, and create new life in other ways. Thats the nature of it. You could be asking then why cant lice and maggots be able to talk or learn math. Why can only humans do that... simple answer

--------------------

InvisibleWhite Beard

#16342275 - 06/06/12 05:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:

Once I had an OBE where I floated out of my body and went towards my room door. The door was open, and I tried to get out but I couldn't really control myself well. I woke up, and I looked at the door and it was closed. Is there an explanation for this?

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Attn: OBE crowd [Re: White Beard]
    #16342300 - 06/06/12 05:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Your mind wasn't focused enough, hence your lack of control. Happens to almost everyone their first few times out of body.

Offlinejw2234
Astral Traveler
Male

Loc: Bay Area Flag
    #16342349 - 06/06/12 05:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

A couple people have said that some type of spiritual awakening is happening in this year we find ourselves in. This is true, and while the sources of the information I bring sometimes come from the channelings other people do of higher dimensional beings, I think it is valid information that accurately represents what I see to be going on in my life and in others. We are unified beyond belief, and we are in the process of clearing up a lot of negativity that has been literally controlling our existence for thousands of years.

2012 is the marker of a new golden age of gods, but we will be the gods after we say yes to evolution and ascend into our energy bodies and encompass the vibration of our highest selves. You see we've been separated from the cosmic magic that we are for some time, and i've heard that its our fault and that its the fault of ancient extraterrestrial beings that won a war against our positive inclined extraterrestrial ancestors. Part of me believes it, that it was out of our hands to be so separate from our god nature. All I know is that we are coming to be what we were before we were born. We are in the midst of the most positive upswing we could ever hope for, we are literally doing away with darkness that has been with us for millenia. WOW!

I myself am beginning to perceive life from the level of the ascended one, the awake and activated one, and it is because I understand that we ARE ALREADY activated fifth dimensional consciousness, that which we are becoming in this truly evolutionary shift of consciousness. Some believe our physical bodies are mutating too, and recently being kundalini activated and having SO many OBE's in the dreaming I can believe anything now. SOMETHING IS UP!!! I call to you to embrace your magick and your love power, for love is what will get us through all of what we face. And we face nothing but ourselves, so overjoice with me that we are HERE, NOW, simply reveling in the joy and love of the creator, US! We are so beautiful, and I just pray that you will all say yes to your cosmic nature, now and forevormore.

--------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is nothing to fear with this chemical besides astonishing realization that everything IS indeed 1 entity

Questions

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale