Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
I don't get it
    #1632996 - 06/14/03 01:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My last grow, i cased 2 half pints of pf cakes with 60/40 tek and was hoping for at least a quarter ounce thinking i was setting my standards low. only got a yeild of 6 dry grams first flush. this was my 2nd grow by the way... i did not patch the casing when the first few signs of mycelium poked through i cased it. not sure of humidity but i used perlite so i know there was enough, temp was average of like 73. fanned like 4 times a day.

now i'm trying another casing this time 2 pints of birdseed cased 60/40. theres about 2 inches of substrate and it was cased and patched. this time i hope for a half ounce about 14 dry grams. i've never used birdseed before but i can only think of the not patching that deminished my yeild last time... so this time i'm hoping i can reach that goal...the temp, humidity and air exchange remainds the same as last time, except probly less fanning this time as for i have a job.

i see pictures of you guys getting crazy flushes of shit. like several ounces. mine are all just shit flushes.

i also am doing my first bulk grow, just a little tray thats like 12 inches x like 6 inches with about 3-4 inches of substrate of poo and straw, its incubating then i'm going to case and fruit it in the same conditions as above... do you think i could actually get an ounce from a first flush on this?

does anything seem wrong with what i'm doing? sorry for the dumb pointless questions but i'm bored and just want to fix stuff if i have time still

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I don't get it [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1636501 - 06/16/03 03:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

There are alot of factors that can account for a small flush, patching a casing helps to get an even pinset and usualy a larger flush from the casing, fanning 4 times a day should be plenty for gas exchange in the terrarium, (terranium :smile:... hi anno) and each time you fan make sure you mist....Try to find a spray bottle that produces the finest droplets possible for your misting, spray 1 or 2 pumps outside the terrarium to mace sure you are not squirting or putting heavy drops or drips onto the casing and then 2 more into the terrarium...to boost the humidity level back to normal a little faster, some mistakes I had made quite a few times before I stopped growing.... remember fan first and then mist....always sheck the spray patern and patch as needed

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation