Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Offlineyoimjohn
Male

Loc: terra nova
Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: imachavel]
    #16301116 - 05/29/12 02:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
anyone saws this episode of south park?:

Stan tries to save money by depositing it into the bank but it "disappears" moments after, when the bank-owner deliberatly removes the money from his account instead of depositing it. A recession then hits the nation and South Park. Randy explains to Stan that the economy is failing due to people spending their money on luxuries. Ironically, he continues his tirade while making himself a margarita in a Margaritaville-brand mixer, the noise of which drowns out his voice.

As a subplot, Stan spends most of the episode trying to return the aforementioned Margaritaville mixer. The trendy retailer Sur La Table will not accept the return because it was bought on a payment plan. He tries to find out to whom he can return it, each person saying the debt has been packaged and sold to someone else (much like real-life mortgage-backed securities). Eventually he goes all the way to the United States Treasury, where a group of associates "consult the charts" and tell him the mixer is worth $90 trillion

actually what he really says is:

Stan: I want to return this Margaritaville! My dad bought it on a payment plan set up by a finance company that got investors from Wall Street who combined it into securities sold to the banks who transferred it to you!

Treasurer: Oh, that makes sense.

Stan: GAH!

:lol:

and the Jersey shore one had me rolling for 30 minutes as well. But anyway does this sound familiar? Any president to vote for who will try and change this horse shit? But until the nominees come forward, there is nothing we can do but guess. We know two people who will be nominated, Obama and Mitt Romney. But I'm not voting for either of those two fucks!

southpark- and its gone!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: yoimjohn]
    #16302252 - 05/29/12 06:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hahahha! They are all full of shit huh? Hahahaha :lol:

btw they are making fun of an old Jim Carey sketch aren't they? "And it's gone!" Or maybe just some rip off of Saturday night live style of comedy. Not that Saturday night live can compete with South Park. It's not even remotely funny, while south park is fucking hilarious!

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Edited by imachavel (05/29/12 06:43 PM)

OfflineXeny

#16325054 - 06/03/12 03:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dont you think voting in america is pretty useless, as there's no compulsory voting? Only loonies and radicals vote atm imo lol :cool:

--------------------
Ik hou van je

While you're still sleeping the saints are still weepin' cause things you call dead haven't yet had the chance to be born. -Scatman John

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: Xeny] * 1
    #16325858 - 06/03/12 10:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

False.  Another European who knows nothing about America.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: Xeny]
    #16325895 - 06/03/12 11:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Xeny said:
Dont you think voting in america is pretty useless, as there's no compulsory voting? Only loonies and radicals vote atm imo lol :cool:

Compulsory voting brings out the losers who shouldn't be voting anyway.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineXeny

Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #16329872 - 06/04/12 03:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Don't have to know much about America to state that. Every country where the votes are cast by the people who have the most intrest in the outcome, has no way of a true democracy. (democracy is shit anyways)

How is it a representation of public opinion, when only a fraction of the public votes?

--------------------
Ik hou van je

While you're still sleeping the saints are still weepin' cause things you call dead haven't yet had the chance to be born. -Scatman John

OfflineXeny

#16329886 - 06/04/12 03:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Plus.. [wiki] the method of voting is first-past-the-post where the highest polling candidate is elected. In the case of the Presidential electoral college the highest polling party elects 100% of the number of positions allocated to that state.
There is no legislative requirement that the successful candidate or party must obtain a majority (50% or more) of the vote. The number of seats allocated are not proportional to the overall vote. Further there is no requirement or threshold in the number or percentage of voter turnout which is often below 50% of the eligible voters

Just ha. ha ha ha

--------------------
Ik hou van je

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #16329892 - 06/04/12 03:31 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Xeny said:
How is it a representation of public opinion, when only a fraction of the public votes?

It's a representation of public opinion insomuch that it is the only public that has an opinion in how their government should be conducted. If you don't vote, then you don't really have an opinion, do you? It'd be like being asked what kind of pizza you have and thinking to yourself "Pepperoni", but never telling the person that it's what you want. What do you expect to get in such a case?

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineXeny

Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #16330324 - 06/04/12 08:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You single handedly figured out why there should be compulsary voting!

(if you dont get it: Pizzas with anchovy suck, so you're forced to express your opinion (how non-conformist it may be) to get pepperoni and all that other good shit

--------------------
Ik hou van je

OfflineXeny

#16330333 - 06/04/12 08:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

In plain words: Doesn't matter too much what you vote for, as long as you represent yourself. (uhum)

--------------------
Ik hou van je

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #16330482 - 06/04/12 09:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The United States isn't a Democracy and we don't much cotton to being told that we have to do something, unlike the Eurofags who are used to fascism as an historic way of life.

--------------------

OfflineXeny

Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16331316 - 06/04/12 01:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for your input, great stuff

--------------------
Ik hou van je

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#16334683 - 06/05/12 05:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Xeny said:
You single handedly figured out why there should be compulsary voting!

(if you dont get it: Pizzas with anchovy suck, so you're forced to express your opinion (how non-conformist it may be) to get pepperoni and all that other good shit

No I didn't. If someone doesn't want to participate, then that is their own decision. If they don't play a role in determining how government functions, it's their own prerogative. The fact that it's necessary for them to exert themselves of their own volition in order to do this only makes sense. Nothing I said constitutes a conclusion that voting should be compulsory.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#16339318 - 06/06/12 01:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Xeny said:

It's a representation of public opinion insomuch that it is the only public that has an opinion in how their government should be conducted. If you don't vote, then you don't really have an opinion, do you? It'd be like being asked what kind of pizza you have and thinking to yourself "Pepperoni", but never telling the person that it's what you want. What do you expect to get in such a case?

and what if you plan to vote for your pizza, and you want to vote for onions, or tomatoes, or peppers, or peperoni, and what you end up getting is the choice between an elected awful anchovy, or a piece of shit on top of your pie. Then should you vote for a shitty choice either way? Is that considered ignorant? To not vote when you don't like the nominated candidates? So it's less ignorant to vote for some completely moron because not voting makes you ignorant? It's like being in prison and having the choice to vote for either Crips or skin heads. And making a choice makes you less ignorant?

:kingtard::lolwut::flowstone:

and honestly, more voters can't admit they have some left or right preference, and try and cover it up with some well researched I like the decisions they will make speech. Like Zappa, he is all about republican, he even claims good years with democrat presidents were because of strong republican controlled decisions in the senate and congress, and that bad years for republican presidents were because of strong democratic made decisions within the congress and senate. :laugh2: so hard

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#16339759 - 06/06/12 05:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't recall ever having said the word ignorant. I said that if you don't voice your opinion, as far as public opinion is concerned, you don't have one. If you don't voice your opinion publicly, then your opinion is private.
The poster asked how voting results could be a representation of public opinion if not everyone voted. Because the people who didn't vote didn't have a public opinion.

Your questions seem to stem from the presumption that I somehow said that not voting means someone is ignorant. I never implied this.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#16342526 - 06/06/12 06:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ok. fair enough. I don't believe not voting for poor choices is ignorant. I believe it's the other way around. If you don't research, and decide to never vote ever, because you stereo type every candidate, then that is purely ignorant. Ok then, I guess we do agree on some things.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: resonant111]
    #16344195 - 06/07/12 12:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

voting for a golden retriever

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleVahunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: ManianFH]
    #16365453 - 06/11/12 11:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Screw slow recovery and all that nonsense. The financial market moves very quickly and a long road to recovery is a bunch of horse shit. We just jefes to out people in there that have a little know how and some balls. I will be voting to get this scumbag along with a couple other douches out of office.

InvisibleVahunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: Vahunter]
    #16365458 - 06/11/12 11:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Need to Put*

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: US presidential election 2012: will you vote? [Re: Vahunter]
    #16367380 - 06/11/12 08:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I can't imagine myself ever caring about Bush or Obama:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mo-economy-wealth-20120611,0,5418853.story

especially considering that they both seem to not mind waging this war on terror. But waging a war on terror doesn't mean you spend 5 years in one country then 5 years in another then 5 years in another, to simply benefit your own interests. If they wanted to wage a war on terror, they'd wage a war in every country where people are shot, beheaded, raped, persecuted, hated, murdered, maimed, etc. There are quite a few more countries besides Afghan, Iraq, and Egypt that are giant fucked up countries doing fucked up shit and putting it all over the internet besides those few in the middle east.

Our presidents are hypocrites, and stand and watch as people are murdered, claiming to stop them in a war on terror, and really standing by and doing nothing, and making big claims. It is obvious their reasons for being involved in those 'other' countries are personal, as a world wide war on terror, would mean we'd be in ANY country with terror, where the government accepted foreign help. It makes me sick, it really does

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals