Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedevoured
buddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY
Salvia Desoleana
    #15622019 - 01/05/12 07:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ive looked and cant find much about this plant. By much meaning if its active or just a high fragrence flower. Any one have any experience with it.

--------------------
One pound of flesh! No more, No Less.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevadub
nuggets
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Desoleana [Re: devoured]
    #15622840 - 01/05/12 10:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Its a very cool looking Salvia native to Sardinia I believe or some other island in the Mediterranean.

It is very fragrant and attracts butterfly's and hummingbirds.

I read a study where the extract had similar effects to lose doses of diazepam.

I would grow it for its aesthetic value if I were you, I haven't gotten one to flower but the pics I've seen are pretty amazing.

Plan on growing a few myself this spring..

Offlinedevoured
buddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Desoleana [Re: vadub]
    #15623218 - 01/05/12 11:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the info. Ive already got some in some seed mix either way im happy to grow em.

--------------------

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

#15623277 - 01/05/12 11:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I had 2 potted plants outside that survived to 10°, I think the rains and freeze finally killed them, but they're hardy as hell. Never got flowers cuz I put them out late, but this year I'll get them going early.

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Offlinedevoured
buddhist
Male User Gallery

#15623297 - 01/06/12 12:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ever used em for extract?

Quote:

vadub said:
I read a study where the extract had similar effects to lose doses of diazepam.

--------------------

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #15623394 - 01/06/12 12:41 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1572599502800126

Quote:

Pharmacological properties of S. sclarea and S. desoleana oils are discussed in relation to their chemical composition. After systemic administration, these oils had a depressant action on the CNS in mice and a hydrocholeretic effect in rats. Otherstudies demonstrated also a good anti-inflammatory activity in rats as well as a peripheral analgesic action in mice. These essential oils possess invitro antimicrobial properties against some humanpathogen strains and their activity is comparable to S. officinalis oil, well known for its antiseptic properties.

Quote:

All pharmacological activities seem to be attributable to the content of some oxygenated compounds, like alcohols (mainly linalool and alpha-terpineol) and esters (linalyl and alpha-terpinyl acetate). Experimental observations point the hypothesis of a synergic action between the different components, even if the oils in toto were more active than their fractions or single components.

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Invisiblevadub
nuggets
Male User Gallery

#15623459 - 01/06/12 01:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Haven't got a chance to...however, given what a nice buzz a big joint of wild grown Salvia officinalis provides I would not be surprised this particular species has some decent effects once consumed!

But really though don't grow it to just get a buzz, grow is because it looks and smells awesome and at the end of the season you can see if it "works" :cool:

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

#15624210 - 01/06/12 08:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I never tried out the desoleanna. The leaves smell kinda grapefruitty, so they may make a nice tea.

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Offlineyoungspacepod
Elysian Night Owl
Male User Gallery

Loc: The South Sound Flag
Re: Salvia Desoleana [Re: fngbronco]
    #15636434 - 01/08/12 07:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

im gonna be trying to grow some out this coming season, any pointers on getting em to germ and how to care for em?

hoping theyre hardy even up here near the puget sound lol

--------------------
A group of like minded individuals is nothing to be trifled with..        Young Trade List

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Salvia Desoleana [Re: youngspacepod]
    #15637990 - 01/09/12 12:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

In the sound you should be good. I just lightly pushed the seeds, about as deep as they are big, into soil and kept them moist. They germinated pretty quick, and we're hard to screw up.

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Invisiblevadub
nuggets
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Desoleana [Re: fngbronco]
    #16200293 - 05/08/12 03:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

My lone seedling has gotten quite big and I assume is getting close to rootbound.  The leaves absolutely reek when rubbed and are covered in hairs/trichomes.  Looking forward to seeing this sucker flower later on.

OfflineLeon Ferrum
environmentalist know-it-all
Male User Gallery

#16200529 - 05/08/12 04:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like you will have a huge shrub in a year.  That stuff looks as hardy as regular sage.

OfflineSalviaGod
Bad Person, Good Guy
Male

Re: Salvia Desoleana [Re: Leon Ferrum]
    #16200559 - 05/08/12 04:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hows it taste?

Invisiblevadub
nuggets
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Desoleana [Re: SalviaGod]
    #16245101 - 05/17/12 12:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Repotted into a 15" clay pot with mostly ocean forest soil and homemade compost.  Feeding it fish emulsion and superthrive once a week.  Its been raining a lot recently though.

Gonna get biiig

Invisiblevadub
nuggets
Male User Gallery

#16329372 - 06/04/12 12:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm gonna have to put this thing in a big tub or something its getting huge in a hurry.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds