Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Loc: Canada
Can this situation be salvaged?
    #1632908 - 06/14/03 11:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey,
I recently made the mistake of attempting to use the Homestead Growing Kit for my first time growing experience. This was due to the false pretense that a Grow Kit would be easier. After following the procedures, with little difficulties, I have reached a problematic point in the procedure; the spawing has ceased (the mycelium stopped growing in the test tubes, what this may be diue to, I don't know). I want to (as I should have originally) follow the Tek method described on this website. However, once again I have run into a roadblock. I will be leaving the country in early August so I'd want to be able to harvest the shrooms before I left (and hopefully have enough time to actually use them). But considering my location it would be impossible to get spore syringes within at least 12 days. You can see my dilemma.
What I was hoping to try was to salvage my efforts from the Homestead method and implementing them into the TeK way. How could this be achieve?
I have everything the Tek asks for except the spore syringes. What I do have instead is; a sporeprint, several petri dishes with mycelium growth, and test tubes about a quarter run through with mycelium. Can I use the sporeprint and petri cultures to substitute the spore syringe? I have some ideas of how this could be done, but I am wondering what would be the most effective and contaminant-free method you can give me.
Thank you so much for your help in this matter!  :wink: 

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Loc: it doesn't really matter.
Re: Can this situation be salvaged? [Re: Dionysus]
    #1632911 - 06/14/03 12:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Use the the test tubes of mycellium as a starter.

Sterilize some jars of grain or whatever you wish to use.
Then under sterile conditions transfer chunks of mycellium to the sterilized jars.

Do a search for g2g, grain2grain or grain to grain transfers. It's similar to what you'll be doing

-ol

Edited by Oscuro_lobo (06/14/03 12:05 PM)

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: Can this situation be salvaged? [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #1633064 - 06/14/03 02:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Should I just do it the normal pf tek way and just try and place the mycelium covered grain inside the rice/vermaculite mixture while in the jar? Would this work? Are there easier ways?
When one uses the spore syringes, you inject it right into the vermaculite/rice flour mixture right? So, if I transfered a slice of mycellium infested agar (from the petri cultures) into the rice cake, this would conceivably work out, right?

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Loc: it doesn't really matter.
    #1633158 - 06/14/03 03:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Should I just do it the normal pf tek way and just try and place the mycelium covered grain inside the rice/vermaculite mixture while in the jar? Would this work?

That's what I said to do.
The problem you'd have if you made normal PF jars is the vermiculite barrier on top. Don't bother growing out your spore print on the agar plates, if you already have test tubes with live mycellium in them. Just use those.

Also, use the SEARCH function for grain to grain transfers.
Seriously.

-ol

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: Can this situation be salvaged? [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #1633178 - 06/14/03 03:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I made the search, but found nothing. Can you be more specific?
Thank you.

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #1633199 - 06/14/03 03:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Create a sterile environment to work in first. Then just put some of the mycelium from the test tubes  into a jar half full of sterilized grain (follow instructions from a tek about grain to sterilize). Wait until you see some new growth and then shake the jar to distribute the mycelium to more grain and then wait some more. It won't take long at all. Once the grain is fully colonized use it to spawn some poo or straw (again find a tek about it(they are there)). Fruit and enjoy. :grin: :grin:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (06/14/03 03:31 PM)

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: Can this situation be salvaged? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1633438 - 06/14/03 06:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Alright. Which size of jars should I move the mycelium from the test tubes into? A half pint (250mL) jar? Should I fill up the entire jar with the grain? Should be be moistened or anything?
After it is fully colonized, what then? Innoculate soil and place a casing soil over that?
Thank you.

--------------------

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
    #1633492 - 06/14/03 06:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

half pint would colonize faster thats what i would use,should be moist and fill it 2/3 of the way full.Be as sterle as possible.

IN MY HUGE OPINON

--------------------

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: Can this situation be salvaged? [Re: charvo]
    #1633499 - 06/14/03 06:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Alright.
If there are no other suggestions, then I'm going to go ahead and do it just like charvo said.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation