Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

.Salvia.
    #1632210 - 06/13/03 11:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey there.

Anyone here grow it? If you grow it how many leaves would you smoke for a decent dose?

I'm going to buy some...The two strains are HOFMANN & WASSON and BLOSSER. What's better? After I grow it & it grows larger..can you simply cut a stem and replant it?

Peace.

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: .Salvia. [Re: PriitK]
    #1632291 - 06/14/03 12:28 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It is very easy to grow. 8 leaves is a more than adequate evening if you're smoking. If you're using quids (chewing) then 10 or 12 leaves.

H&W is better for smoking, B is better for quids (tastes better). I have one of each, ples a bunch of cuttings.

Humidity is about 30% in my house at the moment - although I had to acclimate my plants when I got them, they are fine now. I could have an evening's worth once a week off two plants no problem, if I wanted. But it is too powerful for me to want to use it that often.

Cuttings are pretty easy to take. Took me a while to get the hang of it. My method that works 90% is this:

I have a cardboard box that I lined with plastic sheeting to make it moisture tight. The "lid" is a flap of plastic which is weighted on the edges so it hangs over the sides of the box (taped on two sides to the box). I slice a chunk of stem off the plant, just below a node, after clearing all (soon to be) lower leaves. Then I plunk it into a pot full of moist potting soil, with maybe 1 1/2 " of the stem in the soil. I then mist the leaves with a sprayer, and put it in the humidity box, which I liberally mist also. The box gets about 1 hour of sun per day - if it is working right, you should see condensation beads on the inside of the "lid" (which, I should make clear, is opaque plastic.) Mist the box & cutting(s) once every two or three days. Essentially all this is for is to keep the humidity around 80% constantly for at least the first two weeks of the cutting's life. If it starts to get black at the bottom of the stem, throw it away, it's gone.

If you can wait 4 weeks, and have something to trade, I'll swap you one of my cuttings. Anything ethnobotanical that's interesting would work. PM me if you're down.

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: .Salvia. [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1632330 - 06/14/03 12:50 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks alot man. So it's just like any herb. When it grows you can take cuttings of leaves and they'll grow back..correct? How big do they grow?

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1632355 - 06/14/03 12:58 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

look for one of salvia englands posts here and he has a link to his website on cultivating salvia. he knows his shit and has some good pics. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: .Salvia. [Re: blaze2]
    #1632570 - 06/14/03 02:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I heard Salvia divinorum might have a bill passed to make it illegal...is this true? That's why I'm buying some plants now :-)

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1632646 - 06/14/03 04:34 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yes it might get schelduled maybe someone one more knowegdable on the subject could elaborate.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: .Salvia. [Re: blaze2]
    #1632935 - 06/14/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The bill isn't likely to pass anytime soon. The dude who filed the bill just wants a record of being tough on drugs, but from the general buzz nobody cares too much.

My Salvias would be about 4 feet high by now (I got them in January when they were 8" high) if a) I hadn't kept topping them and b) my cat hadn't got into one of them and snapped half of the stems.

The height is basically determined by your propagation and support - the stems aren't exactly brittle, but with enough weight I heard they snap when they get to about 4 or 5 feet. (That's how they spread in the wild.) So if you give them bamboo stakes as supports you could get them to 7 or 8 feet no problem.

I see from your other posts that you grow in a sunny window - depending on the intensity of the sun, you might want to find another site. They don't like a lot of really hot sun, but they do like lots of light, and maybe two or three hours of (if possible) diffused sun.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1633017 - 06/14/03 01:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I grow it but its not old enough to smoke...

I dont know if salvia will be made illegal or not. Under current laws it cannot be made illegal...but neither can pot and that didn't stop them :confused:

I almost bought a kilo when I learned this...

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: .Salvia. [Re: DailyPot]
    #1633298 - 06/14/03 04:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yup I have 4 windows I grow near. For the winter I was thinking about getting two 3-4 tier indoor greenhouse. Or something similar to that.

Anyone recommend Sites w/ Indoor Greenhouses? And Maybe a good one for cacti?

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1634040 - 06/15/03 12:21 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Also check out the FAQ it has lots of salvia information in it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden