Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Quantum Entanglement proof of paranormal/Oversoul???
    #1631853 - 06/13/03 07:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was reading some stuff about quantum mechanics and had an idea. Could quantum entanglement be proof of the paranormal powers and the oversoul?

The Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky effect was a paper written by the afore metioned. It was written to prove that quantum entanglement (interconnectedness) cannot be valid since it leads to such an outlandish conclusion. I believe this what Einstein referred to as "spooky action at a distance"and "spooky science" if I am not mistaken. I remember reading something about it and him where he conveyed the message that it would be an enormously important discovery if proved true, but I don't remember how he elaborated the idea.

This has be proven to exist by quantum teleportation. http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DailyNews/teleport981022.html
Could this be the science behind the paranormal? It would explain alot of things (If only those things could be proven true.). Like I have said before, I'll believe it when I see it, but if it does exist, could this be the mechanics behind it?

This could also be what is behind everyone who claims we are all connnected by an Oversoul. Now, throw in the possibilities of infinite universes, and you have the abstract by which every possible piece of information could be known.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (06/13/03 08:04 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: Quantum Entanglement proof of paranormal/Oversoul??? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1631929 - 06/13/03 07:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Very interesting stuff indeed! I've often wondered the same thing concerning the Quantum Entanglement Theory, although I highly recommend a healthy dose of scepticism until all the facts are in.. :smile: 

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Quantum Entanglement proof of paranormal/Oversoul??? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1632581 - 06/14/03 03:06 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

What Einstein (and Podolsky and Rosen) actually said was that entanglement and quantum uncertainty (the Heisenberg relation) cannot both be true, because then you can get around the uncertainty by looking at one part of an entangled system of particles and draw conclusions about the exact state of the other part without actually observing it.

But all experiments so far seem to show that both entanglement and quantum uncertainty are real. The answer to Einstein's objection is that the information channel that entanglement provides cannot be used to send any kind of signal, so there is never any "spookiness" that can be measured.

I don't think quantum mechanics is needed to explain the interconnectedness of all things. Any theory that has interactions between the parts will produce interconnectedness. Quantum mechanics just happens to be the most fundamental theory at the moment.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Quantum Entanglement proof of paranormal/Oversoul??? [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1633457 - 06/14/03 06:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Rhizoid: But all experiments so far seem to show that both entanglement and quantum uncertainty are real.

Sounds like a dirty fractal...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology