Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
what to do?
    #1631833 - 06/13/03 06:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

some blind kid named Yuri has a batch of 10 cakes that are all pinning and covered with primadora. just this morning, the blind kids caregiver noticed a very small spot of trichoderma about the size of an eraser on a pencil (1cm x 1cm). the surrounding area is starting to get that light green tinge to it. none of the other cakes show any signs of contam and all cakes are healthy except for this.

his dilemna is this; should he treat the contam ASAP before it spreads or wait another few days until harvest, then treat the spot. and how should he treat this tiny spot (salt, perox., surgery)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: what to do? [Re: chineseguy]
    #1631949 - 06/13/03 07:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I would cut out the peice of contam...soak the cake in some h2o/h2o2 then when you take it out add some salt too the wound...if that dosen't work chuck it...and keep it isolated don't mix up the cake with others if your planning too case

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
Re: what to do? [Re: ]
    #1635343 - 06/15/03 05:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the blind kid took a sterile dropper and put several drops of pure peroxide on the infected area. two days later, the green spot of trich has disappeared and been replaced by healthy mycelium. i was very surpised this worked so well.

Anonymous

Re: what to do? [Re: chineseguy]
    #1635797 - 06/15/03 10:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

nice man!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte
453 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 14 queries.