Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Increasing potency with tryptamines
    #1617658 - 06/08/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I asked this before in a previous post but with no real feed back, maybe someone out there can help with it. I have an idea that if you inject L-5-Hudroxytryptophan into the substrate cake it will increase their potency, as this is part of the base for creating psilosybin. Anythoughts on this is greatly appreciated.
Hawk

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1617701 - 06/08/03 02:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

interesting....so where would one find L-5-hudroxytryptophan?...I have a feeling it would be hard too aquire...dosen't sound like something you can buy at walmart :laugh: but who knows! enlighten me

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: ]
    #1617787 - 06/08/03 05:01 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You can actually aquire it at your local GNC type of store.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinewario
Stranger
    #1617859 - 06/08/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

L-5-hudroxytryptophan :confused:  will be impossible o aqire, bu 5-hidroxitrp would  be much easyer!

Edited by wario (06/08/03 07:10 AM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: wario]
    #1617873 - 06/08/03 07:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lets say 5-HTP and it can be bought at Wal-Mart. It's a very low-key lookin bottle tho. BUT CHEAPER than GNC's bitch ass.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Edited by Cracka_X (06/08/03 07:31 AM)

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1617890 - 06/08/03 07:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Aint nothing cheaper than your bitchass Crack a hoe...

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: TxTec]
    #1617898 - 06/08/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
    #1617988 - 06/08/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I asked this before in a previous post but with no real feed back, maybe someone out there can help with it. I have an idea that if you inject L-5-Hudroxytryptophan into the substrate cake it will increase their potency, as this is part of the base for creating psilosybin.

I take it you mean 5-hydroxtryptophan? I don't think it would work that well because tryptophan's decoarboxylation is inhibited as a downregulation method. Might do a little bit. but I doubt any substantial amount. 5-Hydroxytryptamine might work but would probably be harder to get.

You could always try and post your results, though....

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineYellowPurpleHills
Stranger
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: micro]
    #1619543 - 06/08/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines *DELETED* [Re: YellowPurpleHills]
    #1620244 - 06/09/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: poke smot!]
    #1620406 - 06/09/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i would think youd want to mix the powder in with a syringe full of sterile water, and make a suspension....then inject it with a brand new sterilized needle, and finally inject it directly into the cake. This is just a hypothesis. I dont claim to have ever done this but know a cat who is. I'll let you know what he finds out. And keep you up to date.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Anonymous

#1621369 - 06/09/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Resulted in slightly different trip for me. Not any more potent though.

Spawn responded VERY WELL to it as an additive. Very vigorous growth, but an expensive additive.

IMO it resulted in no INCREASE in goodies, just changed the way they reacted with my brain. Not for the better or for the worse, just different.

If I had to put a one word description on the difference, it would be ELECTRIC. My brain felt more electric compared to no additive in mycelium life cycle.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: ]
    #1621660 - 06/09/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Would you recommend adding the tryptamines to the substrate that the mycelia grows in, or the casing layer?

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: lysergic]
    #1622701 - 06/09/03 11:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

???? If you mean tryptamin-HCl it should be fine as long as you sterilize it at normal pressures.

--
Micro

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: micro]
    #1624581 - 06/10/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

As per another post I read on here-
The voices in my head tell me that they've seen people who have followed Erowid's guide to tryptamine extraction from Viridis leaves and enriched their casings that way. They said that their wasn't much of a difference potency wise ,certaintly nothing like the 3-7x more potent people have claimed. Then they tried shrooms that were grown in a non-enriched casing layer and in an enriched casing laye, but they added a MAOI. I believe they used B. Caapi, but I'm not sure. They said that this had a HUGE kick to it! The ones that were enriched mixed with a MAOI were "at least 5 times as potent" as those that were not. My theory ? Mushrooms contain small amounts of 5-Meo-DMT and DMT naturally, when these materials are concentrated in the soil the levels of these tryptamines increased. Since eating them (the DMT's) without a MAOI wouldn't show any difference, it took the introduction of the MAOI to show that, while levels of psyilocybin might not have risen, it is probably that the levels of DMT and analougs did rise.

Hope this helps, I'd like to see / hear some more research about this, i'll consult those voices in my head and see if they could experiment

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: lysergic]
    #1625563 - 06/11/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's more likely that the MAOI potentiated the psilocybin itself rather than trace amounts of (5-MeO-)DMT
But it seems obvious that adding DMT to the substrate would increase the potency of shrooms. Check out this extract from Tihkal:

Some fascinating studies have been done in Germany where the metabolically active mycelium of some Psilocybe species have been administered diethyltryptamine as a potential diet component. Normally, this mushroom species dutifully converts N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) to psilocin, by introducing a 4-hydroxyl group into the molecule by something that is probably called an indole 4-hydroxylase by the biochemists. You put DMT in, and you get 4-hydroxy-DMT out, and this is psilocin. Maybe if you put Mickey Mouse in, you would get 4-hydroxy-Mickey Mouse out. It is as if the mushroom psyche didn't really care what it was working with, it was simply compelled to do its sacred duty to 4-hydroxylate any tryptamine it came across. It was observed that if you put N,N-diethyltryptamine (DET, not a material found in nature) into the growing process, the dutiful and ignorant enzymes would hydroxylate it to 4-hydroxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (4-HO-DET) a potent drug also not known in nature. This is the title drug of this commentary. What a beautiful burr to thrust into the natural versus synthetic controversy. If a plant (a mushroom mycelium in this case) is given a man-made chemical, and this plant converts it, using its natural capabilities, into a product that had never before been known in nature, is that product natural? What is natural? This is the stuff of many long and pointless essays.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: zeta]
    #1630012 - 06/12/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

would DPT work?

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: buckwheat]
    #1630088 - 06/12/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

would DPT work?

I wouldn't see why not, but I've never tried it. I really think any tryptamine derivative would work that could be metabolized by the fungi (and fungi metabolize stuff pretty well.) You might even be able to mix this into the substrate and sterilize it.

I'm starting my phalaris grass experiment -- going to use dry mature Phalaris (which has DMT and I believe 5-MeO-DMT) as bulk. IMO, 5-MeO-DMT would be the best substance to use because it doesn't cause any downregulation of production. I would think any tryptamine would work, though, since it's tryptamine's production that is usually deactivated (but you're adding tryptamine so it doesn't need to go through that step.)

There might be other factors further on, though -- don't know.

--
Micro

--------------------

OfflineNoFuture
RegressingForward

Loc: MA
Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: micro]
    #1630139 - 06/12/03 10:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hell yah! pleese post your results of growing with phalaris grass.... never tried using it to grow but i hear is goes down quite well with shrooms....

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Increasing potency with tryptamines [Re: NoFuture]
    #1631800 - 06/13/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

so what your saying is that only tryptamine will be used so it would be the same as using tryptamine hcl .good i have tons of DPT. would syrian rye work as an maoi.im gonna put both in a casing ill post the results here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck