Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKaoKao
The Grippler

Re: Why all the hate on the grow kits? [Re: cubensiseye]
    #16316910 - 06/01/12 12:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cubensiseye said:
The lesson I learned from pre-ordered substrate jars is you can't pin point where you went wrong. My first attempt was with premade jars, I wont name the vendor. Every jar got mold, but not where they were knocked up. Did I mess up? Did they? I'll never know.

I made my own pf jars the second time. They are still colonizing, but, if anything goes wrong, I'll be able to trouble shoot where I messed up the tek.

:thumbup::thumbup:

IMO no offense to anyone, but kits are for:

1. Lazy folks
2. simple folks
3. Bulk folks
4. People too paranoid to keep going into Lowes, Publix, and wal-mart to buy supplies for growing mushroom

--------------------
Anything I say should not be taken as truth, I make up stories and just joke around and stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Why all the hate on the grow kits? [Re: Kizzle]
    #16317123 - 06/01/12 01:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kizzle said:
Quote:

SleeveOfWizard said:
Quote:

shroomtomb said:
It's sort of ridiculous how easy growing this stuff can be.  The real challenge is patience and consistency, but beyond that you just need to follow the instructions.

:cheers:

So true.
Literally the HARDEST aspect of growing with the PF-Tek or similar, is not looking at the jars every few hours..

It's killing me that I havent looked at mine since I noticed the first growth. But I think that leaving them undisturbed is better. And they do seem to grow faster when you aren't watching, its like they know...

Half the fun is watching them grow. No need to deprive yourself of that over superstition. I've got most my jars out on a shelf. I look at them countless times every day without ever disturbing them.

Hah....me too.  I also watch my mushrooms dry.  It never gets boring! :lol:

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck