Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineModestMouserrrrr
Stranger
A few questions about Rye Berry spawn bags.... * 1
    #1631461 - 06/13/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ahoy!

A guy I know has just a few questions about Whole Rye Berry spawn bags from spore works.

Upon searching the forums and what not, I found very little to answer my direct and easy to answer questions.

At what points would one attempt to break up the mycelium in the bag, at 50% ish?
He said he attempted to do that, but that the mycelium has such a strong grip, and is so tuff, that it doesnt break up at all, just feels like its bruising the hell out of it.

Can the whole rye berry pawn bags be fruited from themselves? Without spawning it, or caseing it. Would it work cased? Or does it need some bulk substance for nutrients?

What is the difference in the myco environent bags, and the spawn bags, besides makeup of substrate. Can spawn bags be fruited from withen the bag? How about casing the top while still inside the bag, and letting it fruit in there?

Thanks for the help fellas,
I know he has some more questions, if they come up I'll post em.
Jameth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
Re: A few questions about Rye Berry spawn bags.... [Re: ModestMouserrrrr]
    #1631482 - 06/13/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I would break up at 20% and 70%, a mix at 50 can be fine too. Being the mycelium has such a strong hold it may be an indication you should have mixed sooner. This condition is usually seen in older cultures.

Rye can be fruited on but it is better as a inoculant to other materials.

OfflineModestMouserrrrr
Stranger
Re: A few questions about Rye Berry spawn bags.... [Re: MycoFactory]
    #1631501 - 06/13/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the quick reply.

So you say it CAN be fruited on, should he expect less flushes than a brf cake, or something else?

He intend to probly do a pasturized dung spawn with some of it, but he apperently wants to fruit one of his bags without spawning, and he is trying to decide if its worth it to fruit without spawning, and then to case it or not, and how to case it.

Also, is it possible to damage the mycelium when breaking it up, as I said, it seemed to be kinda rough on it to get any sort of breaking up.

Jameth

Edited by ModestMouserrrrr (06/13/03 02:40 PM)

OfflineModestMouserrrrr
Stranger
    #1646995 - 06/20/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Come on fellas, its getting about that time, and he wants to know what he can do with his first bag that is gonna hit 100%.

If a whole rye berry substrate is fruited from itself, what should one expect, since it was marketed as a spawn bag, one gets the implication that it may not be good for fruiting directly.

How about casing it? Mabey with just Coco Coir is what hes thinking.

Can it be cased from within the bag? Just put a casing layer on top and let it go on its own inside, the humidty should be good by itself right?

Can it be fruited in the bag without casing? just leave it put it in fruiting conditions?

Please answer fellas, as he told me, it's getting about that time for one of that bags.

Thanks again

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1647059 - 06/20/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If a whole rye berry substrate is fruited from itself, what should one expect, since it was marketed as a spawn bag, one gets the implication that it may not be good for fruiting directly.

It may not be the best for fruiting directly but it'll work!

Quote:

How about casing it? Mabey with just Coco Coir is what hes thinking.
Can it be cased from within the bag? Just put a casing layer on top and let it go on its own inside, the humidty should be good by itself right?

That would be better. If you're not going to use it to spawn other substrate then just open the bag, case it and wrap the bottom with foil or something that will keep the light out.

Quote:

Can it be fruited in the bag without casing? just leave it put it in fruiting conditions?

Yes, they will fruit. But you'll get better fruitings with casing.

OfflineModestMouserrrrr
Stranger
Re: A few questions about Rye Berry spawn bags.... [Re: zeronio]
    #1647974 - 06/20/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Right on, thanks alot for all the info. He can't wait, he has apperently decided that his first bag to hit 100% will be fruited as quickly as possible, and the other 3 will be aimed for quantity.

Thanks!

OfflineModestMouserrrrr
Stranger
    #1648049 - 06/20/03 12:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Would Coco Coir or verm be a better casing layer for whole rye grain bags? He wants to keep it as simple as possible, as far as the casing layer goes. He would like to not have to mess with alot of stuff to do it.

How neccisary is sterilizing thoes casing materials?

Is one easyer, or better than the other, and for what reasons?

This casing layer wil be inside a spawn bag, should it still be sprayed?

Thanks again!

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1648219 - 06/20/03 01:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldnt do strait vermiculite as your casing layer, its too hard to tell how moist it is. Instead use strait coir, or a mix of coir and vermiculite. You can easily tell when the coir is dry by its color, turning lighter brown the drier it gets.

Microwave the hell out of the casing mix, and you should be fine. Dont worry about drying it out too much because you can always apply the casing layer, then mist with peroxide and water solution. Keep it moist, but not overly saturated.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
    #1648455 - 06/20/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineModestMouserrrrr
Stranger
Re: A few questions about Rye Berry spawn bags.... [Re: MycoFactory]
    #1649465 - 06/20/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How long should it be nuked for, and under what conditions (wet, dry, broken up, solid) My microwave is damn powerful.

Thanks

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1649604 - 06/20/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Saturate the casing mix, it will lose water in the process. You want it all mixed up, just the way you would apply it since you will do just that as soon as it cools.

Then load it up in an oven bag, bowl, or a jar with a polyfill plastic lid (my preferred container). Nuke the hell out of it, I really dont think you can microwave it too much, except one time I melted a bag that had strait vermiculite in it. I would place the microwave on a low setting, and do it for about 10-20 minutes.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineModestMouserrrrr
Stranger
Re: A few questions about Rye Berry spawn bags.... [Re: ATWAR]
    #1649971 - 06/20/03 10:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Is it essential to do that? If it is not done, and the Coco Coir is added straight fro mthe package, is there a high chance of contamination? 50-50? Less?

He thought he read somewhere that it was an option and not a neccisity.

Thanks alot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag