Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNevilTheDevil
 User Gallery

Loc: Tasmania, AUS.
Hobart, Tasmania Shroom ID
    #16309898 - 05/31/12 02:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Okay i went hunting again today and found two mushrooms that i suspect to be Psilocybe subaeruginosa, The second one i am more doubtful about. If anyone could ID these i would be thankful.

Habitat:
Grassy moist areas around ponds

Gills:
Darker colour, possible blue bruising around the sides.

Stem:
Solid, dark brown colour.

Cap:
Conical Shape.

Spore print color:
About an hour later under a jar, a lightish purple colour.

Bruising:
On the first one, Slight blue bruising on the gills and towards the bottom of the stem. On the second unsure of bruising on the gills, a very obvious blue colour on the bottom of the stem.

Also found this one that made me feel a bit weird looking at it, cause of the colouring is quite strange:

And groups of these all over the place:

^^ These ones being grey coloured.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: Hobart, Tasmania Shroom ID [Re: NevilTheDevil]
    #16309912 - 05/31/12 03:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

First ones are subs, second dark species look like Hygrocybe, third (the last grey ones)might be from the genus Megacollybia. TimmiT or someone from down there will have better ones I'm sure.

#1 and #2 are the same

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Edited by NeoSporen (05/31/12 03:01 AM)

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hobart, Tasmania Shroom ID [Re: NeoSporen]
    #16309926 - 05/31/12 03:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with the first two being subs and a Hygrocybe. The second mushroom is very cool. My first though for the last one is Tricholoma but it's not a species I'm familiar with, nor is the second.

--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

OfflineNevilTheDevil
 User Gallery

#16309933 - 05/31/12 03:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:
First ones are subs, second dark species look like Hygrocybe, third (the last grey ones)might be from the genus Megacollybia. TimmiT or someone from down there will have better ones I'm sure.

#1 and #2 are the same

Cheers for the quick reply, Any ideas on keeping this fresh until i can found a few more to take with them? ( a week or so max)
Oh and with the second one, the bit at the bottom covered in blue, is that okay to eat with the mushie? looks pretty nice.

Edited by NevilTheDevil (05/31/12 03:14 AM)

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: Hobart, Tasmania Shroom ID [Re: TimmiT]
    #16309939 - 05/31/12 03:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tricholoma seems to fit fairly well. I'm pretty bad with southern hemisphere fungi, so I will not try to ID any further.

Put them in a paper bag in your fridge and they should keep for a few days or so. The bit covered in blue is the good stuff;) so yes, you wanna eat the blue parts. Not the mycelium, and neither of the other species you found, but the subs are all good. I would cut that stem butt off and put it in a mulch bed or under some wood so it can grow.

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Edited by NeoSporen (05/31/12 03:17 AM)

OfflineNevilTheDevil
 User Gallery

#16309943 - 05/31/12 03:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TimmiT said:
I agree with the first two being subs and a Hygrocybe. The second mushroom is very cool. My first though for the last one is Tricholoma but it's not a species I'm familiar with, nor is the second.

Sorry so to get this straight 1# and 2# are subs, the red coloured one is supposedly a Hygrocybe and the last one supposedly Tricholoma?

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:
Tricholoma seems to fit fairly well. I'm pretty bad with southern hemisphere fungi, so I will not try to ID any further.

Put them in a paper bag in your fridge and they should keep for a few days or so. The bit covered in blue is the good stuff;) so yes, you wanna eat the blue parts. Not the mycelium, and neither of the other species you found, but the subs are all good. I would cut that stem butt off and put it in a mulch bed or under some wood so it can grow.

The stem butt being which part sorry? I am very new to this so sorry to the both of you if these questions have obvious answers i just like to make sure i know what im getting into.

I cannot put these in the fridge as it is not my fridge, dont have a paper bag either. Any other ideas?

Edit: Haha i had no intention of eating the last two pictured, i just loved the look of the reddish one.

Edited by NevilTheDevil (05/31/12 03:27 AM)

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #16309946 - 05/31/12 03:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

NevilTheDevil said:
Quote:

TimmiT said:

Sorry so to get this straight 1# and 2# are subs, the red coloured one is supposedly a Hygrocybe and the last one supposedly Tricholoma?

Correct

Quote:

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:

The stem butt being which part sorry? I am very new to this so sorry to the both of you if these questions have obvious answers i just like to make sure i know what im getting into.

I cannot put these in the fridge as it is not my fridge, dont have a paper bag either. Any other ideas?

Dry them. Stem butt = base of the stem (where all the debris is attached).

--------------------

OfflineNevilTheDevil
 User Gallery

#16309968 - 05/31/12 03:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The second one has a very nice stem butt on it though,

I don't want to chop that one off, could i use the one on the first sub and be able to grow these mushrooms?
And could you post a link to a good drying tutorial? Thank you.

Edited by NevilTheDevil (05/31/12 03:46 AM)

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #16309977 - 05/31/12 03:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, you can use the stem butt to start a patch but you'll still have to chop it off. We're saying not to eat the dirt and shit attached.

--------------------

OfflineNevilTheDevil
 User Gallery

#16309986 - 05/31/12 03:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TimmiT said:
Yes, you can use the stem butt to start a patch but you'll still have to chop it off. We're saying not to eat the dirt and shit attached.

I know i was going to give a good wash and trim before eating them, but i mean that blue bulb on the second one at the bottom i can eat that right?

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #16310002 - 05/31/12 04:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The Hygrocybe looks very similar Bertrandia astatogala, seems there are a few MO obs: http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observation_search?pattern=Bertrandia, all from NZ though. Cool mushroom.

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Hobart, Tasmania Shroom ID [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16310012 - 05/31/12 04:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Good suggestion, I think you're on to something! Bertrandina/Hygrocybe astatogala is known to occur in Australia too.

--------------------

OfflineNevilTheDevil
 User Gallery

#16310114 - 05/31/12 05:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I feel kinda bad i didn't take some photos of the third one in its habitat ):
One last question for you guys, How long before these mushrooms go bad? I dont know how to dry them and i cant keep them in the fridge.

OfflineNevilTheDevil
 User Gallery

#16312934 - 05/31/12 06:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just dryed these out by leaving them inside a sheet of newspaper at the back of of my pc, they seem quite dry now but have i ruined them? If anyone could help me out cheers.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract