Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) * 1
    #16310713 - 05/31/12 10:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Jacob Appelbaum, computer security researcher, on mobile phone security, cellphone forensics, state repression and surveillance. He also does software development for TOR. He has had recent problems
with the FBI as he is pretty close with Julian Assange.

Tor is a system intended to enable online anonymity. Tor client software routes Internet traffic through a worldwide volunteer network of servers in order to conceal a user's location or usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis. Using Tor makes it more difficult to trace Internet activity, including "visits to Web sites, online posts, instant messages and other communication forms", back to the user[5] and is intended to protect users' personal freedom, privacy, and ability to conduct confidential business by keeping their internet activities from being monitored.

Basically he explains the risks of being active online if not protected and explains how your information
is collected and how it can be used against you. I really think everyone should watch when they have time

-DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: DeadHearts] * 2
    #16310829 - 05/31/12 10:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Deadhearts we miss you

I don't have time to watch that unfortunately.

But here's a free bump. :heart:

--------------------

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: Everlong] * 1
    #16310839 - 05/31/12 10:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If/when this ACTA (or similar) internet surveillance legislation gets passed, everyone on this site should look into using Tor, if they're not already.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: Everlong]
    #16310849 - 05/31/12 10:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Everlong said:
Hey Deadhearts we miss you

I don't have time to watch that unfortunately.

But here's a free bump. :heart:

Make sure you check it out when you have time man. If anything else its super interesting to hear what
kind of insane capabilities the NSA and others have.

OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16310890 - 05/31/12 10:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There is no form of telecommunications that is 100% safe at the moment. :shrug:
NSA announced, with help of DARPA, the ability to crack 4096 PGP encryption in late February.

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: SoreSpore]
    #16310899 - 05/31/12 10:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SoreSpore said:
There is no form of telecommunications that is 100% safe at the moment. :shrug:
NSA announced, with help of DARPA, the ability to crack 4096 PGP encryption in late February.

Right but you can take certain steps to stay under the radar.

Dumb shit like leaving your cell phone at home when you leave the house if you can help it.
Using TOR other shit like that.

Jacob has said (kinda obvious) if you truly think the NSA are watching you, you are fucked.

OfflineSoreSpore
Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16310925 - 05/31/12 11:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

LOL, no doubt. I'm not arguing that these are good precautions to take as simple safety measures, but I digress to agree with him.

If you are under the surveillance of any branch of the government while currently undergoing or participating in illegal activity; you will be prosecuted.

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: SoreSpore]
    #16310983 - 05/31/12 11:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Indeed. It goes back to "well if im not doing anything wrong they have no reason to watch me".
True to an extent but as he states for example AT&T sell your metadata wholesale to the NSA, CIA
whoever and apparently they have gotten a hold of (at one point) the entirety of the United States
long distance calling records (even members of government) as stated by a former NSA of 40 years.

So they still are collecting all kinds of info on everyone through loopholes in the law and are not
being held accountable for it yet as they are trying to make these actions legal to whip the slate clean.

I mean will they or can they use this information against the average joes of this country? I just
cannot trust them.

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
    #16310995 - 05/31/12 11:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have AT&T :facepalm: :lol:

but which provider doesn't sell your info to the government? :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#16311012 - 05/31/12 11:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SoreSpore said:

Have a link for that?  Why would they announce it?

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: Everlong]
    #16311018 - 05/31/12 11:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Lulz

I dont know man, I cant safe any would be exempt from it :shrug: But I really couldnt tell ya.

OfflineSoreSpore
    #16311027 - 05/31/12 11:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
I mean will they or can they use this information against the average joes of this country? I just
cannot trust them.

Yes, they will.
We have all been and are continuing to be tagged in databases through our daily use of the wonderful resource the internet offers us, the great innovation of mobile phones and simple POTS lines.

My biggest concern, is simply why?
Why was the amendment made to the NDAA that allows the indefinite detaining without trial of any "terrorist". That is such a powerful ability to hold and one has to question the intentions of the ones initiating the availability to simple LEO of all kinds.

Not to be cliche, but power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts indefinitely.

It has already begin and will not cease until the oppression is absolute or enough strife has stirred up an actual revolt for the realigning and accountability of the ones in power.

Also, to those later posts, there is absolutely no provider who is "safe". All providers allow full, unrelented government access to their data. Local LEO have logins to any providers website...
Source: I work for multiple city halls and have direct relationships with the police departments.

InvisibleDieCommie

#16311032 - 05/31/12 11:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

All providers allow full, unrelented government access to their data.

I dont believe that for a second.  Thats paranoid nonsense.

OfflineSoreSpore
Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: DieCommie]
    #16311049 - 05/31/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:facepalm:

For example, on Tuesday of this week, I was working in the same room as a detective and watched him login to Verizon's website and pull the data on a cellular device he needed. He went through texts logs as well as phone logs looking for a suspect the individual had made contact with. Once he found the contact he needed, he pursued that lead.

InvisibleDieCommie

#16311055 - 05/31/12 11:31 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Nope, I dont believe you.  I think you are either lying or misinformed.

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Loc: The West Coast
Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: DieCommie]
    #16311067 - 05/31/12 11:32 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just found the keylogger on my smartphone this weekend:tinfoil:  How the fuck do I take it off?

--------------------
:irishtoast:

OfflineSoreSpore
    #16311069 - 05/31/12 11:32 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Okay. I'm not here to mislead anyone, only informing on what I have experienced first hand. :peace:

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
    #16311081 - 05/31/12 11:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SoreSpore said:
Okay. I'm not here to mislead anyone, only informing on what I have experienced first hand. :peace:

NOPE.  :nojustno:

--------------------

OfflineSoreSpore
Re: Digital Anti-Repression Workshop (Your cyber privacy and liberty is no doubt in question) [Re: cacharstar]
    #16311082 - 05/31/12 11:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cacharstar said:
I just found the keylogger on my smartphone this weekend:tinfoil:  How the fuck do I take it off?

Do you have a Droid?
Rooting your phone is the first step. Then you can begin to edit permissions of individual apps. If so, there is no purpose in taking it off anyway IMO (I did, but it is futile) because data is still being collected. If it hits the screen of your phone, both your carrier and phone vendor (Google) is seeing the information as well.

Same with Apple...

InvisibleDieCommie

#16311083 - 05/31/12 11:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

First hand experience is among the weakest evidence there can ever be.  You should never believe anything based solely on first hand experience.  :peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules