Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific North West Flag
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Stoykc]
    #26968007 - 10/03/20 05:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

get the fuck outta here u nark as mf I've seen u around here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Polygondwanaland
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: BrotherDekatessera]
    #26980821 - 10/12/20 02:06 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:
Translation: most would-be psychonauts participate in the Cult of McKenna, and just repeat what he says.

I agree that McKenna is largely responsible for the meme of taking "five dried grams in silent darkness", but there seems to be some consensus about the power of that specific dosage independently of him. Go ahead and look at the Erowid page for dosages of magic mushrooms. You'll see that anything five grams and above is considered "strong". Erowid doesn't rely on Terrence McKenna for their information about dosage. They rely on the reported experiences of people who contribute to their databases.

So, my friend, what exactly are you saying here? Are you trying to say that five dried grams isn't a strong dosage? If so, I disagree with you. To me, it just looks like you're shitting on Terence McKenna just to show everybody that you're a "real" psychonaut as opposed to a "would-be" one. Your whole approach here just reeks of ego. You're trying to draw a dividing line between people who like Terrence McKenna and "real psychonauts," which is just reductive and pointless.

Additionally, when it comes to Terrence McKenna himself, I don't understand what your criticism of him is. Though I'm a fan of his work, I'll be the first one to admit he had some pretty wacky and unscientific ideas. There's pretty wide consensus that his whole theory about the Timewave and the world ending in 2012 was completely false and unscientific, but him being wrong about some things and having some really bizarre ideas doesn't automatically discredit his whole body of work. When it comes to psilocybin mushrooms, I think he actually had a lot to offer as an ethnobotanist. He traveled to places all over the world and met people who had long-standing traditions involving psilocybin mushrooms, immersed himself in their culture, and documented his work (one really good example is his memoir True Hallucinations). He's really great with the English language, which makes a lot of his work a joy to read. I don't think there's anything about his work that suggests it's a cult. He had a lot of fans, but lots of people have followings without being considered a cult. He didn't exhibit any of the behavior you typically see from a cult leader, such as abuse, isolation from non-followers, or indoctrination.

--------------------
Nonagon Infinity Opens the Door

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Nonagon Infinity]
    #26980903 - 10/12/20 05:46 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nonagon Infinity said:
Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:
Translation: most would-be psychonauts participate in the Cult of McKenna, and just repeat what he says.

I agree that McKenna is largely responsible for the meme of taking "five dried grams in silent darkness", but there seems to be some consensus about the power of that specific dosage independently of him. Go ahead and look at the Erowid page for dosages of magic mushrooms. You'll see that anything five grams and above is considered "strong". Erowid doesn't rely on Terrence McKenna for their information about dosage. They rely on the reported experiences of people who contribute to their databases.

So, my friend, what exactly are you saying here? Are you trying to say that five dried grams isn't a strong dosage? If so, I disagree with you. To me, it just looks like you're shitting on Terence McKenna just to show everybody that you're a "real" psychonaut as opposed to a "would-be" one. Your whole approach here just reeks of ego. You're trying to draw a dividing line between people who like Terrence McKenna and "real psychonauts," which is just reductive and pointless.

Additionally, when it comes to Terrence McKenna himself, I don't understand what your criticism of him is. Though I'm a fan of his work, I'll be the first one to admit he had some pretty wacky and unscientific ideas. There's pretty wide consensus that his whole theory about the Timewave and the world ending in 2012 was completely false and unscientific, but him being wrong about some things and having some really bizarre ideas doesn't automatically discredit his whole body of work. When it comes to psilocybin mushrooms, I think he actually had a lot to offer as an ethnobotanist. He traveled to places all over the world and met people who had long-standing traditions involving psilocybin mushrooms, immersed himself in their culture, and documented his work (one really good example is his memoir True Hallucinations). He's really great with the English language, which makes a lot of his work a joy to read. I don't think there's anything about his work that suggests it's a cult. He had a lot of fans, but lots of people have followings without being considered a cult. He didn't exhibit any of the behavior you typically see from a cult leader, such as abuse, isolation from non-followers, or indoctrination.

I don't agree with the whole '5g thing' myself and think people should always know the quality of their shrooms before munching down 5g or higher.

But yeah by and large 5g should be a psychedelic dose.

If the multispore I grew was anything to go by (of which I threw away literally sackfuls because of meh quality) 5g is generally not really that high of a dosage, but it could also potentially be very high.
The good shrooms I kept [and unfortunately degraded (psiloscin!) over a few years] were truly mind blowing at 3 grams (although I was using a dodgy scale) and I had to be very careful not to dose too highly with those little guys.

Taking 10 or 20 or 30 grams of those shrooms would just have been irresponsible to myself, my loved ones, and society as a whole. 

The only issue I have with perpetuating the 5g thing is it really could lead to big mistakes. A young kid gets weak-as-shit shrooms, takes 5g, and thinks he can handle it- is even a little dissapointed. Next time he gets shrooms he eats ten grams!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Edited by wolf8312 (10/12/20 05:52 AM)

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: wolf8312]
    #26981391 - 10/12/20 11:52 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
I don't agree with the whole '5g thing' myself and think people should always know the quality of their shrooms before munching down 5g or higher.

If the multispore I grew was anything to go by (of which I threw away literally sackfuls because of meh quality) 5g is generally not really that high of a dosage, but it could also potentially be very high.
The good shrooms I kept [and unfortunately degraded (psiloscin!) over a few years] were truly mind blowing at 3 grams (although I was using a dodgy scale) and I had to be very careful not to dose too highly with those little guys.

Taking 10 or 20 or 30 grams of those shrooms would just have been irresponsible to myself, my loved ones, and society as a whole. 

The only issue I have with perpetuating the 5g thing is it really could lead to big mistakes. A young kid gets weak-as-shit shrooms, takes 5g, and thinks he can handle it- is even a little dissapointed. Next time he gets shrooms he eats ten grams!

Yeah, I definitely don't recommend 5 grams to a beginner, and I don't recommend that a young kid use psychedelics at all. 5 dried grams is widely considered to be a strong dosage. You're correct that multispore batches can vary widely in potency, but I still think taking five dried grams is a risk not worth taking unless you're prepared for a strong experience.

Of course, also know which species and strain you're taking. 5 dried grams of B+ is probably going to be a little different from 5 dried grams of Penis Envies.

--------------------

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26981433 - 10/12/20 12:16 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nonagon Infinity said:
Quote:

wolf8312 said:

Yeah, I definitely don't recommend 5 grams to a beginner, and I don't recommend that a young kid use psychedelics at all. 5 dried grams is widely considered to be a strong dosage. You're correct that multispore batches can vary widely in potency, but I still think taking five dried grams is a risk not worth taking unless you're prepared for a strong experience.

Of course, also know which species and strain you're taking. 5 dried grams of B+ is probably going to be a little different from 5 dried grams of Penis Envies.

Yeah sorry when I say 'kid' I really mean teenagers!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

OfflineBrotherDekatessera
Stranger
    #26983439 - 10/13/20 01:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nonagon Infinity said:
Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:

Im shitting on McKenna because he is a toilet. Pointing out that McKenna is an ass.

Also never called him a cult leader, so try to stay on topic instead of presenting arguments against things that were never even claimed.

Anyway, 5 grams is not a large dose. Its a minimum.

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: BrotherDekatessera] * 2
    #26983491 - 10/13/20 02:38 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:
Im shitting on McKenna because he is a toilet. Pointing out that McKenna is an ass.

That's a pretty shitty opinion (no pun intended). I think he was a great writer and an awesome public speaker. He had some bad ideas, but I don't think we have to reject his good ideas just because he had some bad ones.

Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:
Also never called him a cult leader, so try to stay on topic instead of presenting arguments against things that were never even claimed.

I mean, you did make a reference to the "cult of McKenna," so I think it's on-topic unless you were just being hyperbolic.

Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:

That's horrible advice, dude. Imagine that a kid is reading the posts on this forum (there probably are kids here, even though there aren't supposed to be) trying to figure out how much to take for their first psychedelic experience.

On that note: here's an important resource for anyone to look at if you're considering taking 5 dried grams of p. Cubensis as a "minimum," as this bonehead is suggesting. Five dried grams of p. Cubensis IS a strong dosage of mushrooms. Read the resources linked on that page and then decide for yourselves whether or not five dried grams is "not a large dose."

I've mentioned this to you elsewhere, but literally nobody gives a fuck that five dried grams isn't that much for you. This isn't a pissing contest, and we're not impressed by the fact that you take high dosages. If you do, I'm not going to judge you for it. It's your body, and I believe you have the right to use whatever drugs you want at whatever dosage you want. However, I think that the claim that five dried grams is "not a large dose" is misinformation, and it's reckless. Someone could get seriously hurt by following this advice. Haven't you considered that?

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: BrotherDekatessera] * 1
    #26983618 - 10/13/20 04:11 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

5 grams is not a minimum dose.  :buzzaldrin:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinekarri0n
Mind Traveller
Male User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: BrotherDekatessera] * 2
    #26983645 - 10/13/20 04:29 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:

Man you're so edgy can you please teach me to be as cool as you

Quote:

BrotherDekatessera said:

Just want to point out to anyone who might be reading this that this is a monumentally stupid and irresponsible person who probably doesn't actually use psychedelics. Disregard this nonsense.

--------------------

Panaeolus Bisporus

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: karri0n]
    #26983756 - 10/13/20 05:33 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

3.5-5 grams is a great dose for cubes. Alone or with people. Or even for your first time. Unless they're APE lol.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: karri0n]
    #26983784 - 10/13/20 05:49 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Nah man. 5g dose is a minimum. If you're gonna do it u do it big. especially cuz ur gonna have to wait a while to trip again.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 1
    #26983908 - 10/13/20 07:06 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

the almighty gatekeepers. lol wtf

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26983969 - 10/13/20 07:44 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If im going to trip and not be able to for a week or more I'm gonna need to do something worth it. Ive also had MANY trips so maybe not to someone who its there first time but after a couple trips you should be able to handle it

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: bodhisatta] * 2
    #26983973 - 10/13/20 07:46 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
3.5-5 grams is a great dose for cubes. Alone or with people. Or even for your first time. Unless they're APE lol.

NO! Bad advice, duuuuuude. 1-2 grams for a 1st time of cubensis is a good start. I've seen a few freak outs in my time of people who wanted to trip hard. Ambulances were called etc...nonagon is correct. Good post N.I.

--------------------

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26983977 - 10/13/20 07:48 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

NO! Bad advice, duuuuuude. 1-2 grams for a 1st time of cubensis is a good start. I've seen a few freak outs in my time of people who wanted to trip hard. Ambulances were called etc...nonagon is correct. Good post N.I.

Yea well if you feel you need to call an ambulance because you are tripping you probably should of done your research. And if you have done your research and still call an ambulance while tripping you probably should not do psychedelics anymore...

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 2
    #26983990 - 10/13/20 07:56 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I was at a friends house and another dude stripped and started walking into traffic etc...I got out of there when one friend said he called the ambulance. I did not give them to him, he actually gave them to all of us and just kept on eating out of the bag without weighting them. This was back in 1994ish. Pre internet times and in Texas. No one had any real info for me back then, but I knew to start with one gram per another guy I bought some from another time before that. He actually told me it's best to start with one gram of cubensis. ANYONE who says go big or go home or any other shit that could be harmful is just plain wrong, so stop it man.

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
If im going to trip and not be able to for a week or more I'm gonna need to do something worth it. Ive also had MANY trips so maybe not to someone who its there first time but after a couple trips you should be able to handle it

SHOULD be able to handle it? what are you, some kind of person who calls another one a pussy for not taking more, drinking more etc...? How old are you? Stop, just stop.

--------------------

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26983994 - 10/13/20 07:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I was at a friends house and another dude stripped and started walking into traffic etc...I got out of there when one friend said he called the ambulance. I did not give them to him, he actually gave them to all of us and just kept on eating out of the bag without weighting them. This was back in 1994ish. Pre internet times and in Texas. No one had any real info for me back then, but I knew to start with one gram per another guy I bought some from another time before that. He actually told me it's best to start with one gram of cubensis. ANYONE who says go big or go home or any other shit that could be harmful is just plain wrong, so stop it man.

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:

SHOULD be able to handle it? what are you, some kind of person who calls another one a pussy for not taking more, drinking more etc...? How old are you? Stop, just stop.

If you have done a few trips, taking 5g is not a bad idea. YES, you SHOULD be able to handle it. Didnt say everyone will.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26983998 - 10/13/20 08:03 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I will call you a pussy if u think its too much and I know you can handle it. I wouldn't think they are a pussy, I would just say that to get the ball rolling. Everyone needs different motivation to get started. In this case I am only speaking on mushrooms. Mushrooms are some of the safest things you can take in relation to other drugs or psychedelics. If its something like acid or dmt or salvia then from my experiences I would not press them to take.

Offlinekarri0n
Mind Traveller
Male User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Saul Ptamets]
    #26983999 - 10/13/20 08:03 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

5 as "minimum" is the problem here.

5 for an experienced person who knows what they are looking for with that dose is a different story.

--------------------

Panaeolus Bisporus

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: karri0n] * 2
    #26984009 - 10/13/20 08:09 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

uh, this is pretty dumb advice.

5g is a tall order for me. I don't dose under 5g either but i don't take it lightly.

Go big or go home is how most people end up on their faces and we are talking about substances that have real consequences beyond getting high.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains