Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Gentamicin in spore syringes? *DELETED*
    #1617724 - 06/08/03 03:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by OOKLA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? [Re: OOKLA]
    #1617788 - 06/08/03 05:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ive found that what youy foaf is using is one of the better suspensions that are readily available, i also have a foaf who uses the same thing. i wouldnt suggest using the gentamicin at all. it will probably kill the spores.
Hawk

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1625414 - 06/11/03 12:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The stuff that's in there along with the gent. won't do any damage -- sodium chloride is salt, to change the solution's ionic content, so that it's equal to that of blood -- sodium hydroxide and the HCL are only there in small amounts to buffer. You could easily use this stuff for whatever you wanted.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1625607 - 06/11/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's odd that they say the solution has sodium hydroxide and sulphuric acid in it because it's impossible to have both.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? [Re: zeta]
    #1626499 - 06/11/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Both couldn't have been added at different times? There a reaction or something?

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? *DELETED* [Re: Raadt]
    #1627219 - 06/11/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by OOKLA

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1628115 - 06/12/03 04:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Where can someone find gentamycin? The only place I've found it is at pet stores in the aquarium section, but its always mixed with a fungicide. :frown:

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? [Re: Jackal]
    #1628122 - 06/12/03 04:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #1628252 - 06/12/03 06:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Shouldn't affect them. It is added to agar where spores are left to germinate succesfully. But the main reason for using Gentamycin is it is autoclavable and doesn't break down under high heat as other antibacterias do. If you are just using it in syringes, use a cheaper antibacteria. I guess you get it for free so this isn't necessarily directed at you but if you don't need the feature of autoclaving, don't pay for it.

--------------------

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? *DELETED* [Re: @cro]
    #1628992 - 06/12/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by OOKLA

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1629079 - 06/12/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Look at the percentage that you're supposed to spike agar with, and then figure it out.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? [Re: Sev]
    #1630030 - 06/12/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've never been able to get spores to germinate on antibiotic agar. I've found that if you put enough of the antibiotic in it to kill the bacteria, then it won't let the spores germinate either. I also wouldn't recommend using any antibiotics as standard procedure. You're likely to develop a super strain of bacteria that would become resistant to the antibiotic. What is recommended is to germinate the spores on regular agar, then transfer to antibiotic agar, then take another disk of antibiotic agar from a third petri dish, and place the whole disk of agar on top of the mycelium, creating a myc sandwich between two petri dish sized disks of antibioic agar. Wait for the mycelium to grow up through the top slice of agar, and transfer some myc from this point. It should have left any bacteria rods behind as it grew through the antibiotic agar. Then, wrap up the rest of the dish and throw it away. Once again, I'd only recommend this if you're sure you have a bacteria problem.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #1630084 - 06/12/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have 4 out of 4 petris right now that are Gentamycin and PDA growing Psi. Subs that were all innoculated from wild spores and have all germinated. So I don't think it should be a problem. Can't tell you how much to use cause we don't know the concentration 80mg/what?
But the rabbit is right, you shouldn't use it if you don't need it and for making spore syringes you shouldn't. Just be sterile.

--------------------

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: Gentamicin in spore syringes? *DELETED* [Re: @cro]
    #1651974 - 06/21/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by OOKLA

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #1652200 - 06/21/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OK, but spores won't germingate on anitbiotic agar for me. Are you rehydrating them first? I wanna know what I'm doing wrong. I get anitbiotic agar from fungi.com, but have to germ on regular agar, then make a transfer. NOTHING will germ on the anitbiotic agar. Maybe that's a good thing?

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract