Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Eckankar
    #1629097 - 06/12/03 04:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Stories from here.

One day, a husband and wife were discussing a recent, unethical dealing he had had with a person outside the household. A true lover of God, he felt deep remorse for such a thoughtless act committed in that dealing. Walking to the window while talking to his wife, he looked outside and saw the whole neighborhood bathed in a bright, shimmering pink light. The display lasted for some time. Finally, he called his wife to the window, for he wondered what could have caused this brilliant array of light. She saw nothing. As he continued to watch, a big ball of pinkish light shot upward and burst into small bits, like a spectacle of fireworks.
The guy had a stroke.

Very few people actually know how God speaks.
With a lisp.

Usually, even the most religious people can only "feel" the divine presence?at random times?yet they have very little understanding of how to listen to or see the Voice of God actively. So they often fail to respond to It.
So let's "surprise" dose them with 500 mcg. of LSD.

A woman recently had a brush with death after she became ill with toxic shock syndrome. The disease began to get the better of her. At one point, her feet became numb, her blood pressure fell to a dangerous level, and the pain was nearly beyond endurance.
The price you pay for fake titties...

A team of young doctors set to work to save her life.
And empty her bank account...

The night her illness reached a crisis, she felt very afraid of sleep. She thought it necessary to stay awake to survive, and that night proved to be the longest of her life. To make it till morning, she made up a Spiritual Exercise of ECK. She imagined herself in the company of the Mahanta (the Inner Master) and other ECK friends. She saw herself relaxing in their arms. The exercise was simplicity itself.
They performed a naked group "healing" when she was drugged. Would hate to see the sheets in the morning.

Later, she made up other exercises that included HU, an ancient name for God, which she sang repeatedly.
Did you know that Peter Townshend was an Eckhart devotee?

"HU are you? HU! HU!
Tell me HU are you?
HU! HU! - HU HU!"

The night passed, and the illness with it.
And the doctors get absolutely no credit.

The experience was a crossroads for her. In the future, she plans to give up several negative traits that have held her back spiritually and put more energy into higher ambitions.
And tithe heavier to the temple.

God is always speaking to us and all life through the Holy Spirit.
The Son of Sam knew this intimately.

Listen to God's Voice. Respond to It spiritually and know that despite every appearance to the contrary, all is well and in its rightful place.
This makes no sense. If all was well and in it's rightful place, there would be absolutely NO NEED to pray, meditate or do spiritual practices to change ourselves or our circumstances.

When I want to listen to God, I turn the TV to a non-station and hear him in the white noise...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (06/12/03 04:34 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Eckankar [Re: Swami]
    #1629106 - 06/12/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Some of you want Soul Travel, which is usually an advanced state beyond the dream state. Again, sit on your bed or on the floor, shut your eyes, and look into your Spiritual Eye. This is located at a point just above and between the eyebrows. Don't expect to see anything there; just chant HU, the holy name of God.

Then spell out Soul Travel, chanting each separate letter: S-O-U-L T-R-A-V-E-L. Do this about three times out loud and then three times quietly.

Of course, if you can't spell, you could go amiss. I once accidentally chanted S-O-U-L-T-R-A-I-N instead, and was immediately surrounded by soul-brothers and sistahs with large afros playing funky music and dancing under a spinning mutli-colored ball. It was quite a good time.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Eckankar [Re: Swami]
    #1629212 - 06/12/03 05:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

*snicker*

One thing though -- Toxic Shock syndrome doesn't come from implants -- it's generally from leaving in a tampon too long.

Just figured you'd want to target your vitriol appropriately.  :smile:

Quote:

When I want to listen to God, I turn the TV to a non-station and hear him in the white noise...

Hey, it -is- the voice of the Universe -- all that background radiation propagating from various stars and such...

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology