Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlux
Symmetry Breaker
Loc: The Shroomery... retard
Mycobags getting dry a problem
    #1624337 - 06/10/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hi this is my first post and my first time growing. I hope you guys aren't too sick of mycobag questions but no amount of searching helped. I innoculated four mycobags on 5/24 and have got about 80% colonization so I'm happy about that but I'm kinda worried about my mycobags getting dry. I have one of those reptile aqaurium heaters (the kind you stick on the bottom of the glass) and it's keeping them at a toasty 82-87 F but I noticed an increasing amount of dry material on the bottom about 1/4-1/2 inches thick. I was thinking about injecting a few cc's of water but I'm concerned about them getting an infection or something else because you guys always say how too much water is bad. Any advice as to how much or if I should even add any? I appreciate the help :grin: 

--------------------
What'd I tell you about looking at my signature bitch!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Mycobags getting dry a problem [Re: Flux]
    #1624420 - 06/10/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If it were im id just leave it be, mycobags are meant to be left alone. I believe all youd be doing is introducing new contaminants.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: Mycobags getting dry a problem [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1625116 - 06/10/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, afoaf has used the mycobags, and his got a little dry as well on the bottom.

Yes, it is good and fine to inject sterile water into the substrate. He did that to 2 of the bags and it helped get them started after they had apparently stalled. He went on to have pretty decent flushes from the bags.

17g dry, 1st flush from the first bag, double end cased.

-FB

OfflineNoFuture
RegressingForward

Loc: MA
Re: Mycobags getting dry a problem [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #1625205 - 06/10/03 10:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Well, afoaf has used the mycobags, and his got a little dry as well on the bottom.

Yes, it is good and fine to inject sterile water into the substrate. He did that to 2 of the bags

since being this your first time i wouldnt wory unless they stall ( a week or 2 goes by with no growth).... give it time and let it do its shit, dont just assume its 2 dry and inject water into it and fuck shit up... use this as a last resort and if u do make sure its sterile water and a sterile syringe.....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag