Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroudofpride
Stranger
found shrooms
    #1624020 - 06/10/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

we found about 5 shrooms that most closely identified with the stuntzi mushrooms growing out of cow stuff and about 50 little shrooms growing around hay bails with cowshitunder them and other little ones like them that grow of dead tree limbs and woodchips at this field all of them bruised blue and had purplish blueish color on the gills under the cap well we ate all of them and got nothing more than a really stoned feeling with a few color enhancements and passed out but we did eat alot ( by handfulls) and still didnt really get any visuals why could this be shroudofpride@hotmail.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScubySnak420
Tripped OutCollege Girl

Loc: Orlando FL
Re: found shrooms [Re: shroudofpride]
    #1624184 - 06/10/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Uh, I really woudn't reccomend eating mushrooms especially by the handfulls if you haven't identified them.

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: found shrooms [Re: ScubySnak420]
    #1624185 - 06/10/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

no shit, you're lucky you didn't kill yourselves!

OfflinemycoTina
madcapadventuress

Loc: GA
Re: found shrooms [Re: billy cuts]
    #1624227 - 06/10/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Unfortunately, the large dose of unidentified shrooms HAS apparently killed his ability to punctuate.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: found shrooms [Re: mycoTina]
    #1624234 - 06/10/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Most likely you picked/ingested inactive species (luckily) in your foolish, juvenile attempt to trip. Get a clue before you poison yourself.

DH

Edited by DethHed (06/10/03 05:14 PM)

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: found shrooms [Re: spores]
    #1624258 - 06/10/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

YOU STUPID!

no, seriously. please dont do that again, at least for me.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: found shrooms [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1624265 - 06/10/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Who are these people? Didn't your parents ever tell you that some mushrooms are poisonous and you could DIE?

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Offlineburntoutstarzzz
i love poop

Loc: The cracks of doom
    #1624299 - 06/10/03 05:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

god damn i think that is the stupidest post I have ever read in my life. hopefully you dying from poisoning yourself like a dumb ass will help keep other people from eating random unidentified mushrooms and making the same mistake.

--------------------
if logical reasoning cant fix your problems then for sure captn morgans will know how to solve them.

OfflineAse
Stranger

Loc: sideways & upsidedown
Re: found shrooms [Re: burntoutstarzzz]
    #1624401 - 06/10/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Stuntzis don't even grow on dung. You're lucky you didnt get poisoned.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: found shrooms [Re: Ase]
    #1624521 - 06/10/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

notice he hasn't posted again. mushroom poisonings usually take 24-48 hours to start killing, i think even 72 hours in some situations. I'm actually very worried right now, having read this. I hope he posts again.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlineerjone
el cap-e-tan!

Loc: that place right by the t...
Re: found shrooms [Re: Raadt]
    #1624573 - 06/10/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

wow.....and i thought I didnt know much! lol

Offlineshroudofpride
Stranger
Re: found shrooms [Re: erjone]
    #1626202 - 06/11/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

we did identifie them we didnt pick anything that didnt bruise blue blackish purplish and we looked under the gills for blueish purplish color and if any one of you try saying im a dumbass im not i know what im doing im always reading up on shrooms so i can make sure when i go out i can properly identify them but all i want to know is how come i didnt feel anything really and i know they are good b/c my friend who came with me always eats shrooms out there and if it wasnt a stuntzi what looks like those because we found one huge on some shit with a 9 inch cap

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

#1626253 - 06/11/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It was definitely not stuntzii, you don't know what you're doing and you are a dumbass. Gills aren't purple and rarely bruise blue. Psychoactive mushrooms don't bruise blackish purplish. No Psilocybe has caps that get 9 inches across. You live in louisiana for fucks sake, the fact you think you found stuntzii in cow shit in lousiana tells me and anyone else who's done their homework you haven't the slightest clue. You didn't feel anything because you didn't pick the right mushrooms, end of story. I hope for the sake of your loved ones you either stop with the wild mushroom eating altogether or learn what the fuck you're doing. Have a good day.

DH

Edited by DethHed (06/11/03 11:53 AM)

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: found shrooms [Re: spores]
    #1626374 - 06/11/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You have a lot of rage for a shroomhead :laugh:

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1626378 - 06/11/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Good to see you weren't poisoned.

To "identify a mushroom" means being able to tell somebody what species it is and how you know. Comparison to photographs is not a good way to identify mushrooms. You say you identified them, but a quick read of the description of Psilocybe stuntzii shows that they could not have been that species, based on the little information available in this thread.

I have been an on-call mycology person for a Poison Center, and there are a lot of people who end up in emergency rooms who compared what they found to photographs and made a mistake. Photographs are helpful for identification, but you need to know what details to look for in the photo and which are less important.

When you have a possible ID for a mushroom, read the detailed text description and compare it critically to your mushroom. If anything is different then you've found something else.

This description of Cap size is from the FAQ:
Quote:

CAP (5-) 10-20 (-35) mm in diam.

Note that a 35mm cap is less than 1 1/2 inches. You stated that you found a specimen with a 9-inch cap.

This description of habitat is taken from the Shroomery FAQ:
Quote:

Fruiting from August to December. Only known from the Northwest North America, from Vancouver (Canada) to California (U.S.A.), but especially common in Washington and Oregon states.

Somebody else said you lived in Louisiana (I don't see it in your comments above or in your profile), which would tell us also that they couldn't have been Psilocybe stuntzii.

If you'd like those mushrooms identified, please get a few fresh specimens, and post some photos and a detailed description (concentrate on the things we can't see in the photos). Then we'll take a shot at identifying them.

In the meantime, a purplish brown spore print color suggests that they are Stropharia, Psilocybe, Psathyrella, or Hypholoma. Among those genera there are a few edibles, a number of active species, and some very nasty poisonous species. But mostly a bunch of species which are unknown as to toxicity.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Re: found shrooms [Re: psilo9com]
    #1626420 - 06/11/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, I tried to be nice about it :tongue: .  I just don't want to see anyone poisoned due to something as dumb as eating shrooms without being 100% POSITIVE of ID, which our friend here obviously wasn't, sorry for caring eh :confused: .

DH

Edited by DethHed (06/11/03 01:27 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1626857 - 06/11/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I too am on call for the Poison Controll Center for Harborview and for the University hospital. In the fall I am amazed at the shit people eat and are really lucky.

SInce you seem to have thought it was a Stuntzii, I should tell you about the 1982 incident where one 16-year-old girl and two teenage male companions consumed a bunch of deadly Gaelina autumnalis shrooms thinking they were P. stuntzii. This incident occurred on Whidbey Island nearr Seattle.

Afhter the 2nd day they became very ill but decided not to go to a doctor because they feared being prosecuted for doing illegal drugs and by the fourth day they were both on dialysis and dying.

Well the girl died Dec 25th, 1982, Christmas eve. And the two kids were on dialysis for the rest of their lives. probably still on it.

Hope you get the message.
Now

First,

No mushroom turns purplish. They stain blue, azure blue, sky blue, aqua marina blue, deep sea green, blue green or green blue. They do not stain purple. Purple-brown are the colores of the spores, which when deropped on a given area, will produce a chocolate to dark chocolate brown to purple-brown

Second,

P. stuntzii does not grow on manure and the caps are usually the size of a dime to a half-dollar, never 9 inches.

A cube or two have been found with up to ten inches in size.. That is the size of an LP, in case you were wondering.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (06/11/03 04:35 PM)

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
Re: found shrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1626870 - 06/11/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

MJ, did you mean to say a cube or two has been found with a CAP 10" in size? :confused:

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: found shrooms [Re: Dank420]
    #1626876 - 06/11/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have a visual problem, was correcting it when i came back and your note was below mine.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures