Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
doo's purpl.-brwn. spored mystery shroom (again)..pics..
    #1623875 - 06/10/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Here's some more pics of some mushies that I posted photos of earlier, comparing 'em to Rick James caerulipes pictures. I don't believe they're the same species as RJames mush, I just thought the white caps looked similiar.
These photos were taken in September 2002.
Anyway, these are the same species that I've been trying to ID for the last couple of years (check earlier posts going back 2 years ago). I found these specimens near a river, and in a 1 year old cutover ( in Eastern USA). The trees in the area consist of hardwoods (river birch, maple, oak, beech etc.) and loblolly pines.They are a lignicolous species, prefering the hardwoods.Sporeprint = purple-brown. Season = spring through fall, with the majority found in the fall. Size = very small.  I'll try to give a detailed description in a later post.
These are not the clearest pictures, but I wanted to show the different variations of this species. These things are like fuckin' chameleons. :cool:

The next 2 pics are of a specimen that had a separate gelatinous pellicle that was as thick as a trojan condom. Even had the reservoir tip :grin:

The same group, a few days later. Notice the color difference from drying and sun exposure.

I have some larger photos of the two previous pics that I''ll post at a later date.

Some more pics....

Maxxed out.........damn........
Mj, GG , LK, Workman and others have seen my earlier pics of this same species of mushroom. No ID has yet been confirmed. Hopefully these pics and future ones will help narrow down the identity.

doo   

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: doo's purpl.-brwn. spored mystery shroom (again)..pics.. [Re: doo]
    #1624070 - 06/10/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Those look like Psilocybe's.

Do you still have any spore-prints?

Offlinedoo
 User Gallery

Re: doo's purpl.-brwn. spored mystery shroom (again)..pics.. [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1624138 - 06/10/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey GG. :grin: I should have plenty. Some sets are probably 2 years old, though. :frown:  I had told Workman that I'd send him some on several occasions, but I never got around to it. I 'm still planning on giving him a bunch to play with. Some of the older prints and some new ones ( I've been finding them occasionally lately, although they really fruit more in the late summer/early fall). I'm gonna give a couple of prints to another Shroomery member for some microscopic work.

These things have a lot of the psilocybe species characteristics. When grown under very favorable conditions  :wink: they seem to exhibit even more of those characteristics. The environment seems to cause a major difference in the way they appear to the eye. This seems to help in the confusion of their identity. They are also very small (it takes about 100 dried, to equal a gram) which makes them hard ( for me anyway :frown:  ) to photograph clearly.
I'm hoping to post some more pics (from 2002) tomorrow.

doo

--------------------

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1624235 - 06/10/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

great i love it.

please find some specimens and take some really good pics and make a beautiful descriptions! :blush: :blush: :laugh:

then we can have the shroomery power-squad attacking this shroom from all angles and perhaps we can take something out of this.

keep this under our eye and perhaps some colors will shine from the crystal that our flashlights will aim at. 

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1624253 - 06/10/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

doo,

i will arrange to have you send spore prints of these to Mr_Mushrooms and we can have him take a look at them and see if they are psilocybe under the microscope.

I remember thinking that they were either Psilocybe or in closer resemblence to Naematoloma of which all species have a purple-brown colored spore print

Keep shroomin,
GG

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: doo's purpl.-brwn. spored mystery shroom (again)..pics.. [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1624260 - 06/10/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

come on man, find some more, i would love to have a shot at em!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1624657 - 06/10/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Doo? Where did you find them. What State, they slightly resemble Psilocybe caerulescens in their young stages. But sometimes are all withoing the basic physiological characteristics in color and shape.

here are two ;pictures to show you some of the varience in the species.

and

mj

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: doo's purpl.-brwn. spored mystery shroom (again)..pics.. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1625442 - 06/11/03 12:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

were they active or were you smart and didnt eat em

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinedoo
 User Gallery

Re: doo's purpl.-brwn. spored mystery shroom (again)..pics.. [Re: Dobie]
    #1625546 - 06/11/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

:cool:GG , I've already arranged to have Mr Mushrooms take a look. He saw the pics I posted last week and offered to check out the prints for me.A microscopic view is definitely needed to narrow down the ID.

MJ, these were found in central N. Carolina. I've come across specimens of these in six different locations in about a 50 mile radius over the last 3 years. I find them the majority of the time in shredded hardwood mulch and/or wood chips. I've found them only twice, deep in the forest, growing from decaying logs.
They do resemble caerulescens at times. Also the stems occasionally resemble pics I've seen of P.hoogshagenii and zapotecorum, by becoming blackish looking. Hoogshagenii has the extended papilla, while the ones I found do not( although mine are occasionally papillate when young), but it would be interesting to compare these to some pics of P. hoogs.var. convexa (?semperviva?). I understand that this variation doesn't have the  long papilla. Of course none of these varieties grow in N.Carolina, but if they'd like to, they have my support :grin:
The color variations of these mushrooms through their different stages of growth and drying is interesting. When young, they can be from light caramel to a dingy greenish gray color.They usually darken up to an acorn brown ( which makes'em hard as hell to see in the woods). As they start to dry, they''ll turn to a tawny or light blonde color, but when completely dry they are blackish looking.

doo

--------------------

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1625936 - 06/11/03 08:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

good luck to mr. mushrooms

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags