Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: silversoul7]
    #1622245 - 06/09/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone noticed how Bush is being idolized like a god or something?...
It scares me that this man is so highly revered as to be almost god-like.

but he's so dreamy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1622371 - 06/09/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

In a nightmarish sort of way.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: ShroomFarmer]
    #1622395 - 06/09/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the current tools running for president

you mean bush\cheney?

Quote:

He's just and average guy

You're joking, right? no politician is an "average guy" much less a religious fanatic, much less someone that goes around starting wars unjustly.

Quote:

Everythign Clinton "acomplished" fell apart. Middle east, economy, N. Korea, Isreal/Palestine, etc.

Everything fell apart after he was gone and BUSH was in charge. you just bashed your beloved bush.

Quote:

We've got more money in our pockets

You mean Enron execs have more money in there pockets. Haliburton execs have more money in there pockets. WorldCom execs have more money in there pockets. 1000's of middleclass employees are left without retirement funds. The jobless rate is the highest its been since 1993. I cant find a job, neither can my g/f and neither can any of my friends.

Quote:

no planes have crashed into buildings

You mean Sept. 11? I dont remember any planes crashing into buildings then do you? Just a couple of days ago a plan crashed into some hollywood apartments. What was stopping it from crashing into an office building?

Quote:

millions of arabs are free

And how is this due to Bush? Oh you must be talking about guantanimo bay right?

Quote:

what more you want

I would like a little better economy and job market. i would like healthcare for everybody and social security for those that need it. I would like a little less war and a little more peace. I would like a president that doesnt attack cancer and aids patients.

"and name one thing he's lied about"
WMDs. his drug usage. his campaign promises about how he is against "nation building". His statement that states should determine their own medical marijuana laws. etc...

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: Zahid]
    #1622896 - 06/10/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Is that Kenny G in your sig?

--------------------
- uno

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1622931 - 06/10/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

How can I forget that? I still see Clinton-hatred constantly, and I just have to laugh my ass off at the fact that you guys are still obsessed with him 3 years after he's out of office.

Most likely that's because unlike most past presidents, he refuses to go away and the liberal media we have in this country idolizes him and his douchebag wife.

Quote:

but even the Clinton-lovers were glad to poke fun at him from time to time.

Once again, not so. I know many dems who freaked when Clinton was slammed and I know many Repubs who love a GOOD Bush joke or poke. You're generalizing.

Quote:

Clinton's appeal to so many people was the fact he seemed to be like the common man.

Not to most I know. He had no appeal and many are still mystified as to how that asshole was elected twice. Womans groups supported hium even after the rape allegations. The guy was a putz. A smooth talking ambitious putz, but he wouldn't know the truth if it fucked him up the ass.

Quote:

Bush, on the other hand, is cast in a godlike limelight, especially among the religious right.

Obviously you haven't been reading the papers or watching the news. The religous right has been threatening to bolt. Gun owners aren't happy because he has stated he'd sign a bill extending the "assault" rifle ban. He wanted to grant amnesty to illegals. He's willing to extend the so called "tax cut" to those who pay no federal income tax. You'd be amazed at how many "righties" are not impressed with Bush.

Quote:

I find it ironic that people who call themselves Christians would revere someone so much that it borders on idolatry.

Given a choice between Bush, and the alternative, it's no wonder Christians were for him.

He's still young and has a lot left he can do. Why would he "go away", especially in support of his wife. You can't expect Regan to still be out there campaigning for things, just as you will lose Charlton Heston soon(NRA). Carter is still around, and vocal. Only one who seems to be quiet is Ford.

Bill and Hillary are still incredibly relevant, young, full of ideas, and still the constant basis for attack by the "conservative" media and opinionists. Bush Sr. is still vocal, but he lost and pops up for soundbytes here and there, as well as to advise his son. Most past presidents, and especially their admins don't simply disappear(How long have all the Bush admin been in and out of the white house?).

I'll repeat this from a previous post: Does Bush have to get a blowjob in order for the right wingers to be pissed off about him lying?

--------------------
- uno

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: 1stimer]
    #1622934 - 06/10/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Dig the reply man.

--------------------
- uno

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1623066 - 06/10/03 04:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You anti-Bushes amuse me. Fortunately you're in the minority in most of the country.

That's scary. More then 50% of people don't mind that they were draged into a war with lies? :confused:
I thought that Bush will have hard time convincing his wife to vote for him after all this. :grin: 

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: silversoul7]
    #1623084 - 06/10/03 04:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Has anyone noticed how Bush is being idolized like a god or something? Has anyone here ever been to someone has a big portrait of Bush hanging on their walls, looking like some sort of shrine? It scares me that this man is so highly revered as to be almost god-like.

That reminds me of another president, i just can't put my finger on it at the moment...i know he was married to Hillary Rotten-crotch though...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (06/10/03 04:55 AM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1623106 - 06/10/03 05:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I doubt anyone could get away with as much as Bubba did.

ROTLFLMAO

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: zeronio]
    #1623977 - 06/10/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

His approval rating is somewhere in the mid to upper 60's.

A recent poll shows him (in a hypothetical match) trouncing Bubba.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: GazzBut]
    #1623979 - 06/10/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Laugh all you want. It's sad but true.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#1624043 - 06/10/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can't believe his ratings are still that high. Haven't any Americans been paying attention?

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: ShroomFarmer]
    #1624103 - 06/10/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

and name one thing he's lied about.

"our only interest in iraq is the liberation of the iraqi people"
-bush

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: GazzBut]
    #1624113 - 06/10/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ROTLFLMAO 

OK, i cant take it any more!...what does it mean?  :confused:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1624130 - 06/10/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It means EKCOWQKEODCKCAKDPOEIJS:APCIEKLAS:LDFJPEKCJV:JPWDJDKVJJLCVJLWJFPOIJDV:LJDPOIFJEWFJLCVKJPOWEJIEDJFLKDJV:OWEVPJWEV

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: ]
    #1624144 - 06/10/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, i always thought it meant rotten flamingo...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1624146 - 06/10/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Damn this is disturbing....wtf?

Quote:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #1624221 - 06/10/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You anti-Bushes amuse me. Fortunately you're in the minority in most of the country. You get so used to hanging around on a liberal leaning (read drug) site that you forget that many hated Clinton as badly as you hate Bush.

Actually, Bush won the 2000 election by a scant number..somewhere around 300 votes. And Clinton was so "unpopular" that he won twice! And may I point out that Bush's approval rating before 9/11 was tanking at 30%. It would seem 9/11 was the best thing that happened to Bush... :frown: 

Edited by Le_Canard (06/10/03 05:02 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1624376 - 06/10/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Laugh all you want. It's sad but true.

Bush has already gotten away with more than Bubba. No one was considered unpatriotic if they criticized Klinton.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: The Cult of Bush [Re: Le_Canard]
    #1624438 - 06/10/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, that's the thing. Bush -didn't- win the election by the popular vote -- there were thousands more for Gore. He did, however, win the Electoral vote.

If you consider that the democrats and republicans split the popular vote roughly equally (I think 1% more voted for Gore than Bush,) and then add in all the people who -didn't- vote for either parted, but voted for a third party -- well, the majority of people didn't want Bush around.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order