Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption?
    #16231362 - 05/14/12 07:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just wondering who's tried this. I'm brewing a batch now, and can't stand the taste (had it before). I was considering freezing my boiled down tea/goo in small amounts, so I can just swallow them down frozen like mini icecubes. Just a thought. What do ya think?

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineislanduniverse
Male

Re: Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #16231417 - 05/14/12 08:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

it might be possible, although its difficult to swallow anything larger than the size of say... a peanut...

you might consider freezing it and turning it into a slush to drink. it's helps slightly being colder.

you're probably better off cooking it down further and turning it into a tootsie roll like resin to roll up and down

that is, if you don't want to drink it

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption? [Re: islanduniverse]
    #16231433 - 05/14/12 08:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I DON'T want to drink it really. Last time I tried, it wouldn't stay down worth a shit. I know I can boil it down more, just trying to speed the process.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16231652 - 05/14/12 08:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have frozen it in an ice cube tray before and swallowed whole ice cubes of it.  it starts melting pretty quickly and still tastes like shit, and made my stomach feel worse than just drinking the tea.  try putting salt on your tongue before each mouthful of tea, it helps get rid of the taste alot.  just get a pinch of salt and sprinkle over tongue, wait a few seconds and drink a huge mouthful, then repeat.  It is now almost effortless for me to get the tea down.  also take ginger pills or eat ginger to settle your stomach.

Offlineislanduniverse
Male

Re: Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption? [Re: russokeefe]
    #16231842 - 05/14/12 09:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

last time i did something similar->  honey coating on tongue (not bad), pancake syrup (not as good as honey)...
or rubbing sore teeth benzocaine gel onto tongue for numbing it out
or hot crushed pepper to burn numb

most importantly take some clamp to  your nose to wear comfortably for a while... dont ever breathe thru nose while taking it

btw u should do one of the above and drink it...

:billymaythumbup:

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption? [Re: islanduniverse]
    #16232103 - 05/14/12 09:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah honey can work well, but I find salt the best as it seems to use the same taste buds as the foul taste of the tea.  you still get a bit of a bitter aftertaste a few seconds after swallowing.  before I tried the salt method I was trying to down the tea normally and had extreme difficulty and would usually give up half way through a glass of it. Now I can drink a full glass in about 1 minute

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#16232339 - 05/14/12 10:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

russokeefe said:
I have frozen it in an ice cube tray before and swallowed whole ice cubes of it.  it starts melting pretty quickly and still tastes like shit, and made my stomach feel worse than just drinking the tea.  try putting salt on your tongue before each mouthful of tea, it helps get rid of the taste alot.  just get a pinch of salt and sprinkle over tongue, wait a few seconds and drink a huge mouthful, then repeat.  It is now almost effortless for me to get the tea down.  also take ginger pills or eat ginger to settle your stomach.

Hmm. Maybe I'll try this. I brewed a little ginger into it too for good measure. I hope I can keep it down. I'm gonna have to wait till tomorrow though, cuz I just ate dinner and don't wanna take it on a full tummy.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16232410 - 05/14/12 10:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dont worry too much about keeping it down. last time I had it one of my mates puked repeatedly about  25 mins after drinking and his experience seemed stronger than anyone who didnt puke.  also after the 2 hour mark the sickness goes away.

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
    #16232764 - 05/14/12 11:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I remember my friends tried this once.  They said it was a lot easier to get down than the tea.

InvisibleDoctor Sponge
He's off on a tangent
Male User Gallery

Loc: the desert Flag
Re: Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption? [Re: breeg89]
    #16233106 - 05/15/12 01:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

dude ive done mesc six times and ill say it again...FUCK THE TEA BRO:)take your tea,boil down to TWO SHOT GLASSES,and spread over pyrex casserole dish and dry for 12-24 hours with a fan...scrape with sharp flat head screwdriver and either roll into pill size balls or encapsule(what i do)into 00 pills..one dose for me,16-24 inches of cactus, generaly produces 16-25 compacted pills which are a hell of alot eisier to take.i can swallow 3-4 pills at a time with beer or any beverage,and it takes me about 1-2min to finish all my capsules...best part is they work!!and i didnt even throw up(not too bad) till 3-4 hours later and all the cactus had absorbed so i tripped good instead of waisting it by throwing up the tea 10 min later..my GF took 2 feet of pedro(32 pills!) and her frickin pupils were dinner plates AND she never even threw up!!fuck the tea

--------------------

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption? [Re: Doctor Sponge]
    #16233410 - 05/15/12 02:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Also try not to eat for six hours beforehand, and have heaps of food ready for when the trip kicks in. I have heard both good and bad experiences from boiling down and putting into capsules. seems like a huge waste of time to me.  If you are really worried about puking take dramaminr or another motion sickness pill 30 mins before having the tea.

InvisibleDoctor Sponge
He's off on a tangent
Male User Gallery

Loc: the desert Flag
    #16233442 - 05/15/12 03:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if you havent tried the caps dont knock it...im here to stop people from torturing themselves with tea that turns you green...i didnt trip balls till i did the caps...im telling you from experience my method is the way to go...just boil down on med-low to TWO SHOT GLASSES NOT ONE...:cookiemonster:

--------------------

Offlinebabypp2
Stranger
Re: Freezing cactus tea for easier consumption? [Re: Doctor Sponge]
    #16233495 - 05/15/12 03:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

this is really cool, I like here!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale