Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleImorph
journeyman
 User Gallery
anyone had any experiences with Milky Blues?
    #1622910 - 06/10/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

anyone had any experiences with Milky Blues(Lactaris Indigo) mushys? i became aware of this one after checkn Anno's link to the site " mushroomexpert.com "  looking for info on the Shaggy Parasols. according to the info the milky blue is a edible popular in open markets in Mexico. when bruised fresh it stains or secretes a "color blue"  also.  :ooo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: anyone had any experiences with Milky Blues? [Re: Imorph]
    #1622933 - 06/10/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They sure look very attractive!
Lactarius are all mycorrhizal mushrooms, like boletes or cantharelles, therefore they can't be grown indoors. The mushrooms sold in open markets are picked in wild.

InvisibleImorph
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: anyone had any experiences with Milky Blues? [Re: zeronio]
    #1623248 - 06/10/03 08:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

oh disappointment,da...it twould seem all the good ones have their lives hopelessly(?) intwined with higher botanical forms. now i wonder what are the higher botanical forms??? it twould be so nice to find that they routinely live with something like sunflowers,tomatoes or a lofty rosebush. thz u for enlightening me.

Edited by Imorph (06/10/03 08:59 AM)

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
    #1623320 - 06/10/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yes but lactarius is not nearly as much of a mystery as beauts like boletes

if you could find a specimen you might have luck innoculating seedlings of its preferred host with spores or even culturing it saprophytically

Even boletes will grow on agar but there are 2 probs

1) they lose athe ability to form mycorrizae quickly if not treated right
2) the mecahnism to 'treat them right' so they will form ECM is not well understood

sometimes a third orgnism ie bacteria or soil yeast is needed to trigger the response
Ive seen in vitro formation of ECM with both pine and eucalypts aspetically germinated

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Re: anyone had any experiences with Milky Blues? [Re: Mycena]
    #1623352 - 06/10/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

heres a couple of pics of Macrolepiota dolichaula from subtropical cattle pasture

ive tried s3 species on agar - M dolichaula, M konradii, and L rhacodes
all easy to isolate but havent gotten round to figuring out phase 2 yet

oh yeah heres my favourite ATM

InvisibleImorph
journeyman
 User Gallery
    #1623410 - 06/10/03 10:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thz  alot! for ur  great inputs mycena...i am going to have alot of catching u to do to keep up with this forum but its all interesting...and possbly rewardn (business). i can get ur drift i think...ur trying to tell me that its possible to take some initial steps to fruiting/sporulation with some of the mycorrhizzal species with out normal symbiate partners...but not all the way at least no yet :frown: ... possibly thru some expermnts.  a way of tricking or mimicking the whole process may be uncovered.  :blush:  oh yes i am not at all familiar with the pretty  M. dolichaula and my 1st untrained opinion is that they are sort white and AMANATA ! like (all tall very white mushys are suspect!) . but thats just my 1st gut response..i do see that they are little saw toothed around the rim(?) :smile:...bottom  pict sah... morchella?
ps great name" Mycena"  i 2ndly thought of slemen and troy : ) 

Edited by Imorph (06/10/03 10:05 AM)

InvisibleImorph
journeyman
 User Gallery
    #1623473 - 06/10/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thx 4 sharing the picts..i wonder what the southern blue milkys host plants are? deciduous or coniferous? i certainly cant afford a field trip right now....i if had the time and money it twould be great. :smile:

Edited by Imorph (06/10/03 10:56 AM)

Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Loc: Indiana, US
    #1624617 - 06/10/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Wow Mycena it look like you have some cool stuff growing. Are you really fruiting that vieled stinkhorn looking thing? Tell us more about your projects..

--------------------
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #1635007 - 06/15/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think these are Lactaris Indigo:

An old specimen.........

These are some pretty mushrooms. Of course blue always looks good on a mushroom.......hehehe........
Before I made a career change, I use to be a park ranger (for nearly 20 years), and these mushies and the bluing boletes would attract a lot of attention from certain neophyte  shroom hunters. I'd always have try explain to'em, "  Yeah, I know they turn blue, but I don't think these are the particular kind of shrooms ya'll are looking for".  They probably left the park thinking, "how did the old ranger dude know what we were after".  :wink: ........... little did they realize that it's simple, "stoned minds think alike"........hehehe..........
:grin:

doo

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Re: anyone had any experiences with Milky Blues? [Re: doo]
    #1637217 - 06/16/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Pretty :smile:
Ive got sme pics of L deliciosus ill put up in future

r05c03  ive started a new thread on the Dictyophora

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Growlog&Number=1632986&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

InvisibleImorph
journeyman
 User Gallery
    #1638167 - 06/16/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

very good someone is on to something ???  if ur taming a wild one then i tip my hat to u also. :blush:  u lost me when i mis ID  what i thought was a morel (ATM?)l or aleast a false one...i dont have all the reference material yet but the Dictyophora...is it something close to  the  Milky family? is it a unusual but edible one?  cant wait to get into some work myself!  good luck  and success!
edit: after more careful reading i answered my own quests. yes its edible...at least some parts?... its eaten as side dish in hongkong and its a member of the stinkhorns (MORELS haha) family.  :smile:

Edited by Imorph (06/16/03 06:55 PM)

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
    #1639722 - 06/17/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Dictyophora isnt closely related to morels at all
Morels are ascomycetes and Dictyophora is a Basidiomycte (Holobasidiomycete group 1 - Phallales)
Like comparing grass and roses - very different branches of the broader kingdom

InvisibleImorph
journeyman
 User Gallery
    #1640418 - 06/17/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yes i concur with u hence my hahaha concerning Morels...i was wrong and had mis ID the bottom photo ,also. bear with me, it will take some time for me to assimulate all the new and even basic myco knowlege....aspecially the edibles. good luck and may u have a contamless adventure

Edited by Imorph (06/17/03 06:54 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies