Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecounter s
Boonga

Loc: Flag
Lemon TEK + 1.5g's dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa + MAOI?
    #16228023 - 05/14/12 09:48 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys,

This might've been discussed previously on older posts, but I'd like to find out today's views on such a mixture. As it stands, I know the lemon tek is strong as is, but with an MAOI I'm thinking it would push you into another level. I've read that pepper is a mild MAOI inhibitor. "Piperine, the active chemical in pepper, has a wide variety of potentiating effects. It acts as a weak MAOI (although, I would bet more powerful than passionflower). It is a CYP3A4 inhibitor which some have said may potentiate psilocybin. It also inhibits P-glycoprotein which may reduce elimination of psilocybin."

Perhaps 2g's of pepper in gel caps one hour before, followed by a shot of lemon juice + dried subs. Yes, there are other sources of MAOI's in Aus, but pepper is so easily obtained, though the downside could, and most probably will be stomach discomfort, not too mention the acidic lemon juice to follow. Either that or perhaps Syrian Rue, taken from Erowid a very trusted source "consuming Syrian Rue 15 minutes before the fungi will suffice; in capsules tend to think 30 minutes prior would be preferable.

Syrian Rue can cause nausea in some people, although many find that it varies. Higher doses of Syrian Rue will generally result in more nausea. Fasting or eating a little white rice prior to consuming it can help the nausea considerably. Ginger, mint and of course Medical MJ help to reduce nausea in case it becomes a problem. (although MJ will also have a qualitative effect on the experience).

Besides possibly having a potentiating effect on the tryptamines due to its MAOI properties, as Earth mentions, Syrian Rue is entheogenic in itself and adds to a typical fungi experience in several possible ways:

1. More lethargic (it encourages laying back and paying attention to the visions)
2. More 'Other' (a voice that helps to interpret the visions is sometimes observed)
3.More intense (see below)
4.The experience tends to comes on in waves, with a calmer time in between which can facillitate integration of the experience.

Regarding increased intensity, it is reasonable to expect that a 3g Syrian Rue + 3g fungi experience is going to be somewhat more intense (perhaps by a factor of two) than a 3g fungi experience alone since one is adding the MAOI and entheogenic effects of 3g Syrian rue to the 3g of fungi.. However, please note that this does *not* mean that it is going to be equal to a 6g fungi experience since one is not in fact taking 6g of fungi."

Lastly, this might be a long stretch, but would it be possible to combine all three (dried actives + lemon + MAOI) and hit it at once, or does the MAOI have to be consumed prior?

Any input would be much appreciated, and sorry in advance if this has been covered before. I just wanted to get the current opinions of people  :pipesmoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Lemon TEK + 1.5g's dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa + MAOI? [Re: counter s]
    #16228144 - 05/14/12 10:45 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Lemon doesn't do anything

MAOI and mushroom... Increase over mushrooms for sure

There are hundreds of things that are mild MAOI  but you would have to ingest so much to achieve and 'active dose' it's not worthwhile... Why we use Rue and b caapi... They are more potent
Black current might be strong enough, still need a bunch though

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Lemon TEK + 1.5g's dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa + MAOI? [Re: counter s]
    #16228148 - 05/14/12 10:46 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Lemon doesn't do anything but solubilize the active chemicals... To into solution

There are hundreds of things that are mild MAOI  but you would have to ingest so much to achieve and 'active dose' it's not worthwhile... Why we use Rue and b caapi... They are more potent

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Invisiblecounter s
Boonga

Loc: Flag
Re: Lemon TEK + 1.5g's dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa + MAOI? [Re: HarryL]
    #16231021 - 05/14/12 08:53 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

go read the lemon tekk thread.. I have tried it before and it does make a difference.

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
    #16231200 - 05/14/12 09:26 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:

I've never tried the lemon tek, but there are many many people on this site who would disagree with you.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

OfflineSmoky McPot
Fool
Male

#16231237 - 05/14/12 09:33 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:

Bullshit!  Have you ever tried it?

--------------------
[quote]
Free.Your.Mind said:
jesus btw had part alien DNA
how do you think was able to preform miracles?
i look at the bible from a scientific stand point [/quote]            :africaface:

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
Re: Lemon TEK + 1.5g's dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa + MAOI? [Re: Smoky McPot]
    #16231702 - 05/14/12 10:43 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

This is from another thread on using Lemon Tek:

Quote:

iDmt said:
Well, what happens is the acids in the lemon juice breaks psilocybin into psilocin, before it is ingested.  If shrooms are ingested, the stomach has to break down psilocybin into psilocin, before you begin tripping.

So, if you are decently experienced w/ shrooms, you understand that wierd feeling before the come up, where everything is just a little strange.  Well, this is psilocin that the mushroom already contained.  When you begin coming up on mushrooms, that is the psilocin that took a while to develop in your tummy, and is now being pumped into the bloodstream.

So, since the lemon juice already breaks it down into psilocin, you will trip faster, be hit harder and trip harder, and the trip will not last as long.

Hope that sums it up for ya  :awepuss:

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
Re: Lemon TEK + 1.5g's dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa + MAOI? [Re: Owsley]
    #16231781 - 05/14/12 10:57 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and yes from personal experience it def comes on much quicker, tends to feel stronger, and for me has a shorter duration. I think if you took the MAOI 30 mins prior and then took the lemon prepared mushrooms you would be having a good time. Try it and let us know:)

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Lemon TEK + 1.5g's dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa + MAOI? [Re: Owsley]
    #16233641 - 05/15/12 06:42 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Owsley said:
Oh and yes from personal experience it def comes on much quicker, tends to feel stronger, and for me has a shorter duration. I think if you took the MAOI 30 mins prior and then took the lemon prepared mushrooms you would be having a good time. Try it and let us know:)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies