Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSlavich
Full-time mad dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tasmania
Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: blessed]
    #16225940 - 05/13/12 06:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
What's the best way to get my recent find (page 8 up the top) growing in other places?
(i plan to get them growing everywhere i can)

If you have the piece of paper you dried them on (with spores all over it), go bury it in a bark bed somewhere. It works really well :smile:
Or you could get some grotty ones, blend them up to make spore water and pour it on an area. I prefer the paper method though.

Quote:

blessed said:
Can you over pic an area?
(i haven't taken them all, but right now there are only babies (pins) visible (im sure my friend has visited the patch) as I don't want to kill it for obvious reasons)

Make sure you give them a flick before picking them (to drop spores), cut the base and don't pick ones that haven't opened up, and the patch will not die ever.

--------------------
If every day is the same as the last, why live to see tomorrow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: Slavich]
    #16225948 - 05/13/12 06:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Slavich said:

Make sure you give them a flick before picking them (to drop spores)

Flicking mushrooms does not cause them to drop spores.

Quote:

and the patch will not die ever.

The patch will die unless you feed it every year.

OfflineSlavich
Full-time mad dude
Male User Gallery

Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16225976 - 05/13/12 07:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Slavich said:

Make sure you give them a flick before picking them (to drop spores)

Flicking mushrooms does not cause them to drop spores.

Quote:

and the patch will not die ever.

The patch will die unless you feed it every year.

What do you mean? I was under he impression that a patch of Subaeruginosa in a pine bed can grow there for many many years. If not, how do you feed it?

Also I've seen spore blankets on fungi with an annulus, and moving them  would surely knock them down?

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
    #16226017 - 05/13/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Slavich said:
What do you mean? I was under he impression that a patch of Subaeruginosa in a pine bed can grow there for many many years. If not, how do you feed it?

I guess pine patches are getting fed by the pine trees.

Wood chip patches need new wood chips.

Quote:

Also I've seen spore blankets on fungi with an annulus, and moving them  would surely knock them down?

They are pretty sticky, it is better to wash the spores off the caps and stems with water and throw the spore water on fresh wood chips.

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #16226544 - 05/13/12 09:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Its a misnomoer that spores drop of the cap, they are in fact forcibly ejected off the sterigmata which holds them to the basidia.  the process is called Ballistospory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistospore), and its another one of those magic inventions by nature, where by using the natural humidity around the fruiting body and the reaction caused by the osmotic pressure from exuded sugars the spore is shot away from the basidium to a safe distance from which it then falls.  This is why its best to make a spore print under a cup as the moisture levels can be maintained to make a better print.

P.Subaeruginosa, is a very heavy feeder.  I have seen them chomp through large pile of Eucalypt forest debris within a couple of years.  Once there is not enough nutrients left available, fungal succession takes place and a new fungi moves in to make use of what other nutrients can be gained from the substrate that the previous species wasnt able to munch.  Depending on the species of tree they are under, it would take different times to munch through the litter.  They love Eucalypt and seem to devour it very quickly, i wonder about the degree to which they make use of pine litter.

As I only know of one spot where they grow under pines, and there are also eucalypt near by dropping their own litter, so Im very curious about the pine mulch factor. i wonder if Subs are a secondary or even tertiary agent in the fungal succession in these locations.

Cheers, Ob.

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: obtuse]
    #16227097 - 05/13/12 11:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you Slavich, Alan Rockefeller & obtuse for the input to my questions.

I will try EVERY way i can to get them growing in more then one location, woodchips & bushland. I've seen many places already that should welcome these awesome mushrooms.

In fact, it's hard to believe that where i live (northern part of Tassie), that there are so few to be found. I want to change that. Not just for myself, but for future hunters too.
Im seeing this as a long term project, and even if it takes me years?, i will NOT give up :smile:

Just one more question with introducing to new areas please,

Should i do it when it's not raining (dry, as in it hasn't rained for awhile), while it's raining, or after? and do i need to keep going back to water them? (and if so, how often?)
( i know that they're not plants, but im lead to believe they need water to grow )

Thanks again everyone for your help (throughout this whole thread), and to just think that i used to be a very very depressed person.
Not anymore :smile: (partly thanks to magic mushrooms) :thumbup: :thumbup:

OfflineSlavich
Full-time mad dude
Male User Gallery

#16227296 - 05/14/12 12:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
Im seeing this as a long term project, and even if it takes me years?, i will NOT give up :smile:

Should i do it when it's not raining (dry, as in it hasn't rained for awhile), while it's raining, or after? and do i need to keep going back to water them? (and if so, how often?)

Quite often I hear people dumping Subaeruginosa spores or leftovers, and that area fruits the next year. If you decide to bury pore paper, I would think a moist/wet area is best, as then it kind of clumps to whatever you buried it in. Last time I just took a leak on it. If you find a suitable spot no watering is neccasary.

--------------------

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
    #16227483 - 05/14/12 01:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Last year after each time I went out picking I would snip the end off sub stems and put them into a tin can along with any sticks and leaves that were stuck to the subs. I chucked in a bit of the soil from my garden where subs grow also.

After a few weeks there was some mycelium growing. I ended up transferring it into an ice cream container and leaving it outside.

I don't know what ever happened to it. I can't find it now. But I've already started a new jar this year which I'm interested to see the outcome of.

I also buried a few spore prints in various woodchip beds were Leratiomyces ceres were growing. Will have to have a look in the next couple of weeks to see if anything has popped up.

OfflineTas75
Taswegian
 User Gallery

Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: Nevermind]
    #16227536 - 05/14/12 02:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

In my experience, stem butts of wild P. subaeruginosa are more often than not carrying fungus gnat larvae that quickly consume all the mycelium. I've had the best luck transferring the mycelium to egg-carton cardboard, and then removing the stem butt when it rots, and adding woodchips to the carton. This way I can remove any fungus gnat larvae.

In the past they've consumed whole cultures.

Offlinescrogman
Stranger

#16227826 - 05/14/12 05:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
Thank you Slavich, Alan Rockefeller & obtuse for the input to my questions.

I will try EVERY way i can to get them growing in more then one location, woodchips & bushland. I've seen many places already that should welcome these awesome mushrooms.

In fact, it's hard to believe that where i live (northern part of Tassie), that there are so few to be found. I want to change that. Not just for myself, but for future hunters too.

Just one more question with introducing to new areas please,

( i know that they're not plants, but im lead to believe they need water to grow )

Thanks again everyone for your help (throughout this whole thread), and to just think that i used to be a very very depressed person.
Not anymore :smile: (partly thanks to magic mushrooms) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey dude heaps grow up here in the north they really don't kick in for another month :smile:

Invisiblelord of the gnomes
hey you in the bushes!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Adelaide-Hills, South Aus... Flag
Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: Tas75]
    #16233289 - 05/15/12 02:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tas75 said:
That's not totally out of the question... both Waterfall Gully and Mt. Lofty are practically suburban Adelaide today... there have to be some South Ozzies here who can do it :wink:

Out of all the morphotypes of Psilocybe subaeruginosa I regularly see in Tassie the most common looks not unlike Psilocybe azurescens: Caramel coloured, and campanulate with a strong umbo. The variability of colour, from pale straw yellow to dark caramel, as well as shape, from conical-campanulate with a strong umbo, through depressed with no umbo to wavy-capped and almost infundibiliform is more than just a function of where they grow or their age... There are often several fruiting bodies (obviously from the same mycelium) that share the same characteristics. Of course the trick is where to draw the line between inter- and intra-specific variation. It doesn't help that traditional species concepts are of almost no use here.

Now, if there was someone with the time and inclination to try growing all these forms outdoors in the same environmental conditions...  :biggrin:

i regularly go hunting in these locales and are very happy to help out if needed :grin: if anyones interested just send me PM with the details :thumbup:

--------------------
I'm the hardest out there, ask about me, Child, women and men they gonna tell about me

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: lord of the gnomes]
    #16233365 - 05/15/12 02:40 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If those are considered cyans then I have definitely found cyans in NZ. A friends patch grows only wavy capped from a very early age every year.

--------------------

hey you in the bushes!
Male User Gallery

Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: xthrx]
    #16233423 - 05/15/12 02:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

here in SA the first ever patch i found in 2010 grew only wavy caps in a woodchipped garden bed which look unlike any other wavy capped Psilocybe Subaeruginosa that ive found but i was always told they were just P. subs. now im certainly not saying ive found P. cyanescens and im happy thinking they are just wavy Subs but ive never found any other wavy caps that looked like those

--------------------
I'm the hardest out there, ask about me, Child, women and men they gonna tell about me

Offlinescrogman
Stranger

Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: lord of the gnomes]
    #16233608 - 05/15/12 04:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow saw a 50 or 60 y.o. woman with a torch looking under trees where so many subs live this evening! Please tell me it isn't so! Looked like she picked something put it in her pocket.... Boo hoo hoo hoo.....I rode past her on my pushy she casually smiled with torch in hand dog on lead way down the path looking under more trees.....

OfflineSlavich
Full-time mad dude
Male User Gallery

Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: scrogman]
    #16233815 - 05/15/12 06:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

scrogman said:
Wow saw a 50 or 60 y.o. woman with a torch looking under trees where so many subs live this evening! Please tell me it isn't so! Looked like she picked something put it in her pocket.... Boo hoo hoo hoo.....I rode past her on my pushy she casually smiled with torch in hand dog on lead way down the path looking under more trees.....

I like to disguise myself as old women when hunting.

--------------------

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #16233829 - 05/15/12 06:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I sometimes flirt with old women when I'm huntning.

hey you in the bushes!
Male User Gallery

Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16233853 - 05/15/12 06:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i get aroused by Subs :sploosh:

--------------------

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: scrogman]
    #16236739 - 05/15/12 07:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hello Again :smile:

Quote:

scrogman said:

Hey dude heaps grow up here in the north they really don't kick in for another month :smile:

Hello scrogman :smile: That's great to hear. I really do now believe that the ones i recently found (pics in this thread) are Psilocybe cyanescens.
(based on other comments in this thread)

They seem to fruit earlier in the season as apposed to Psilocybe subaeruginosa. but ether way im happy to hear the good news, thanks :thumbup:

Hello Slavich :smile: About introducing spores to new areas, I've gone out & did what you suggested in 2 places. Lets hope it succeeds :wink: Again thank you :thumbup:

Lastly, what do you think of my mushroom storage facilities ? (Named: The Awesome Store'em Pty.Ltd)

I first fan dried them for 2-3 days and then i put them in here.

Is this good enough?
(I would like to fill it up, so i can have a year's worth of Awesomeness after the season ends) :smile:

Edited by blessed (05/15/12 07:33 PM)

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
    #16238293 - 05/16/12 02:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The damprid is good, that will absorb moisture and keep them dry.

What you're storing them in doesn't look all that great.
Try and get your hands on an airtight glass jar or plastic container.

I use an empty one of these with a few little bags of damprid in it. It has a rubber seal on the bottom of the lid so it's almost completely airtight - and if any moisture does happen to get in the damprid will take care of it.

You can get these at woolies or coles for about $5.

I kept my shrooms from last season in one of these jars and it did the job perfectly.

InvisibleNoxADVANCED
Research & Information Collector
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Straya Cunt Flag
Re: * Tasmania season 2012 * [Re: Nevermind]
    #16238436 - 05/16/12 03:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What i store my buds in:thumbup:

--------------------
Ethno-Garden: My seeds and Herbs
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

WE DID IT :kratom: for kratom

I have my rating privileges back, BITCHES

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract