Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: 1stimer]
    #1623470 - 06/10/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Is it so hard to hold political views without placing a label on yourself and others? All you're doing is widening the margin between yourselves.

Also, I'd be interested in how libertarians fit into this, since technically they're neither "liberal" nor "conservative" by our modern definitions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1623855 - 06/10/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

you should note that in a communist system the government does the same thing as in a libertarian one. it's the people that conduct themselves differently.

i'd be a communist if i thought it could work. as it stands, i think communism is a myth. small communes of dedicated individuals could work of course, but not an entire society; at least not right now. maybe i'd join a commune myself. i sure as hell don't want to be forced into one though, and i don't think others should be either.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1624383 - 06/10/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It's funny cuz it's true.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: silversoul7]
    #1624654 - 06/10/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

See, that's what I've said for ages.  The republicans just bend you over and ass-rape you shamelessly.  The Democrats at least use some lube and give you a reach-around.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: Sev]
    #1624884 - 06/10/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The only difference is the sneakiness. That's the difference with libertarianism, we are against assrape all together.

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1624946 - 06/10/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

See, that's the thing. Libertarianism doesn't work -- it just makes the corporations the assrapers.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1624954 - 06/10/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

See, that's the thing. Libertarianism doesn't work -- it just makes the corporations the assrapers.

Exactly. If the government isn't raping people up the ass, someone else will make it their job to do so.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: silversoul7]
    #1624959 - 06/10/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, basically, someone's gonna get it in the ass no matter what.  IMO, the gov't's job is to ensure that the fewest possible people get it hard up the ass, or that people get it up the ass a little less deeply than they would otherwise.  :wink:

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1625163 - 06/10/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i used to consider myself a libertarian but then i realized that if libertarians had power they also would ass rape people and abuse power. I now consider myself a compassionist. Go compassionist party.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineSev
Astropath
    #1625340 - 06/10/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

...That sounds good to me. %)

--------------------

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: ]
    #1625470 - 06/11/03 12:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i'd be a communist if i thought it could work. as it stands, i think communism is a myth. small communes of dedicated individuals could work of course, but not an entire society; at least not right now. maybe i'd join a commune myself. i sure as hell don't want to be forced into one though, and i don't think others should be either.

but its small communities that make up a society. that why i beleive that the society should be community based. Community based schools, community based food systems, and of course, inter community barter, of goods and art.

I think you should only have to pay you community tax (town/city) the city pays the county and the county pays the state.

of course being forced to be a communist is total bull shit. you can't force people to do anything, it goes against human nature. That why they currently use mind control to make people THNIK they're makeing their own desionsions.
make people think they are free
sure we got freedom of choice.
"coke or pepsi?"

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1625487 - 06/11/03 12:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The only difference is the sneakiness. That's the difference with libertarianism, we are against assrape all together.

maybe, it be interesting to see what they'd do, i'm still wary of them though.

it would be nice to get anyone in there besides Dem and reps

i think green has the best chance at that even though they're fuckers too, a change would be nice.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1626754 - 06/11/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a good example of liberal vs. conservative thinking.

---------------------
STUPIDITY MAGNIFIED

There are some days when my tolerance for stupidity is relatively high. Today is not one of those days. Either was yesterday.

So, may I send my heartiest thanks to some busybody listener who took the time to tell me about a certain column in a certain newspaper written by a certain college student that absolutely reeks of profound ignorance? I tell you, I was not ready for this type of idiocy today.

So ? on the theory that misery loves company, I?m going to foist this college student and her mindless opinions on you. My God, what kind of mush are they shoving into young minds at Georgia?s LaGrange College?

OK .. you know the name of the college ? the name of the student is Jennifer Horton. Jennifer is upset about the money that was spent both producing and viewing ?The Matrix Reloaded,? some $150 million.

Here ? read this one paragraph from Jennifer?s column. It should give you an idea of the stupefying level of her ignorance:

"Now, I'm not some anti-entertainment prude; I enjoy watching a well-made movie as much as the next person, but it does disturb me to see so much money invested in crashing a few cars just right when there are children all over the world who go to bed hungry, impoverished Africans without clean water and a multitude of people in Third-World countries suffering from disease. "

Now some of you are already a bit upset with me, maybe ourtraged, that I?m using such strong words to describe this lady?s mental abilities. Yeah, I guess it is a bit strong ? but I?m just getting so weary of seeing and experiencing what seems to be an ever-increasing level of ignorance in the American public. Maybe it?s just that the truly dumb ones are seeking attention while the smart ones are seeking their fortunes. You really hope that people like Jennifer actually get out there and learn something before it?s too late.

OK ? back to Jennifer?s column. She is particularly outraged that the producers of this movie actually built a two-mile freeway with all the fixings, including an overpass, exit signs and ramps. This freeway cost about $2.4 million. Jennifer says:

??the freeway construction funds could have instead paid for new schools in developing countries, immunizing children, giving families two oxen and a plow, providing homeless children with clothes, wells to supply clean water or reforesting thousands of acres.?

The flaws in Jennifer?s feel-good, leftist nonsense are so obvious I hesitate to even spend the time to put them in writing. But, hey ? I don?t have anything else to do at 5:18 in the morning, so here goes. I?m going to write a little letter to Jennifer.

Dear Jennifer:

I read your column in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution earlier this week.

Lady, you need help.

So, you?re upset that some Hollywood producers spent big bucks making a movie. You think that money might have been used to help some family in Africa buy a goat or to reforest some land in the Amazon. Well, isn?t that special.

Look, I fully realize that you?re at that unique and wonderful time of your life when you think that you know everything. After all, you are a college student! Over the next ten years you are going to learn some of the most valuable lessons of your life. Principal among those lessons will be the realization that true intelligence can be defined as "knowing what you don't know."

Though I'm not one of your professors at LaGrange College. May I be so presumptuous as to give you a little assignment? If you're willing, here is what I would like for you to do.

First, I would require your attendance at a screening of ?The Matrix Reloaded.? You would have to sit through the entire move ? including the credits. After the movie I want you to write the producers and ask for a print-out of those credits. Every name. Every single one. Each camera operator, lens cleaner, grip, dolly grip, electrician, driver, cook, makeup artist, sound engineer, public relations assistant, actor, stand-in, stunt man, writer, film editor, model maker, best boy, caterer, carpenter, composer, musician, special effects technician, choreographer, and every other person who?s name crawls across the screen.

These, Jennifer, are the people who earn their livings making movies like this. Their very livelihoods depend on the people who invest in these productions, and the people who produce them. So, here?s what I would like for you to do. Your assignment is to write a letter to each and one of the people who?s names you find on those credits. You will tell them why the money that they earned working on this movie should have been spent instead on buying goats for Africans and cleaning up a water supply in South America. Then you will write letters to the families of all of those people telling them why their husband, wife, mother or father shouldn?t have earned those Matrix paychecks. After all, why should they be allowed to work for a living while children are hungry and there?s acre without trees in the rainforest?

Wait, you?re not through. Since you?re so upset with that two miles of freeway that were built for this movie, you have more letters to write. You?ll do some research to find out just what construction companies were hired to build that two miles of freeway and bridges. You will then write a letter to each and every employee of those construction companies telling them just how wrong they were to accept this employment while there are families in Africa that don?t have goats. These letters will be followed by still more letters to the employees of the companies that supplied the materials and equipment for the construction of those freeways. Tell them that the money they earned should have been given to poor people.

After you write those letters I want you to do so research with a goal of finding out just what the movie producers did with the freeway construction materials that remained after the movie was completed. You might be surprised.

You?re almost through. Your last batch of letters will be to the men and women who work in the thousands of movie theatres around the nation who earn a living and support their families showing movies such as ?The Matrix Reloaded.? Tell them of your concerns about treating disease on the fringes of the Sahara.

You see, Jennifer, when money is spent on a motion picture ? or on any project for that matter ? it doesn?t just evaporate. That money makes its way into the pockets of people who have taken the time to learn a craft and develop job skills that are needed to put that movie in front of an audience. Those people in turn will use that money to support their families and realize their own dreams. If they want to pay for immunizations for children in Croatia, that would be their business. If they want to invest some of that money with the production company that hired them, that, also, istheir business. Those investments will lead to the creation of another move, and more tens of millions of dollars spent on such wasteful things as salaries for movie workers.

Now ? after you have written all of these letters, I want you to throw them away. You see, these people aren?t interested in listening to your mindless whining. They're too busy trying to earn a living while you waste your time writing mindless columns. Just take the postage money and go buy someone a goat.

Cordially,

Neal Boortz.
America's (and your) Rude Awakening.
-----------------------------
Link 6-11-2003

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (06/11/03 03:54 PM)

OfflineSolo
enthusiast
Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1626810 - 06/11/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Liberals want to be the people's mommy's and conservatives want to be the people's daddy's.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1627258 - 06/11/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow dude, you really know your stuff. Liberalism makes you rely on the government in order for it to work along with an EVEN LARGER BUREAUCRACY. Conservatism encourages private businesses to handle the job.

I've got my reasons for disliking the left.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Anonymous

#1627294 - 06/11/03 07:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Here's a good example of liberal vs. conservative thinking.

Not quite, but nice there sport. I myself am a liberal and in no way agree with her kindergarten logic. Although you probably think every liberal is as stupid as her. Do you want me to post an equally asinine conservative viewpoint with a sharp liberal easily debunking him? Luvdemshrooms, your antics are really getting predictible at this point.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: liberals vs. conservatives [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1627298 - 06/11/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

And libertarianism encourages private business AND tries to keep big bro out of it as much as possible. We have a choice what businesses control us, but not government.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1627343 - 06/11/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I myself am a liberal and in no way agree with her kindergarten logic.

You and others. So what?

Quote:

Although you probably think every liberal is as stupid as her.

Nope. You're all different.

Quote:

Do you want me to post an equally asinine conservative viewpoint with a sharp liberal easily debunking him?

Ok, sure. Go for it.

Quote:

Luvdemshrooms, your antics are really getting predictible at this point.

I'll see if I can't learn some new antics just for you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (06/11/03 08:05 PM)

Anonymous

#1627380 - 06/11/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>You and others. So what?

okay

>Nope. You're all different.

Yes. That is true.

>Ok, sure. Go for it.

That wasn't a real offer. I was pointing out how ridiculous the thing you posted was and doesn't hold any water as to what most liberals think.

>I'll see if I can't learn some new antics just for you.

Good. I'm sick conservatives bashing liberals. I try to be fair. I don't judge people because of their political believes. I accept and understand the conservative perspective on issues.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1627464 - 06/11/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

doesn't hold any water as to what most liberals think.

I don't agree.

Quote:

I accept and understand the conservative perspective on issues.

Bullshit. Saying you'd kill people that think like me shows acceptance and understanding?
Quote:

I have schizophrenia and I would kill the ignorant scum of the earth (Luvdemshrooms, pinky, madtowntripper, and a certain idiot in office) in a second if I had a gun.

Bullshit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order