Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Advice for my buddies first time...
    #1622153 - 06/09/03 10:42 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

This Friday me and him were planning to go to the movies, and see 2 fast 2 furious. We've both watched it sober, and thought it would be sick to watch trippin out. We thought about smoking a huge blunt before, but we'd most likely get a mild paro buzz, and it wouldn't be enjoyable. Also we'd burn out before it would be over.

We got the idea of munching shrooms before we go watch it, the only problem we have is that he takes MOAI's, and would most likely be VERY sensitive to shrooms, just as he's very sensitive with THC. He can get totally mangled off a 0.3 grams of bud. I was thinking of him munching 1g of P. cubensis, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea since we'd be at the movies, around people, with sound blarring. I don't want him to freak out and have a totally bad first experiance, so I'm just wondering if 1g is too much for him?
I don't want to explain to him all the affects of shrooms, just like I liked it how noone did it to me, so my trip was amazing, but if he trips in public around 200 people almost all the time, he might not like it. If he starts freaking out I would have no clue what to do, The last thing I want to see him do is run around the place yelling jibberish and have him disappear for 2 hours.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I would like his experiance to be as amazing as mine was.

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Advice for my buddies first time... [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1622445 - 06/10/03 12:15 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Seems really iffy. Don't know if I would give someone shrooms on their first time in a crowed place. If he's on a MOAI then 1 g could get him as high as a level 3. If he's really sensitive a level 4 wouldn't be unheard of. . . it's been known to happen. Best bet is to have him test out 1 g in a controled enviornment to see how he reacts to the shrooms. If things go well there, then for your next trip you can try going to the movies.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Anonymous

#1622539 - 06/10/03 12:41 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

-deleted-

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Advice for my buddies first time... [Re: ]
    #1622671 - 06/10/03 01:30 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

I wouldn't chance it, I would've hated hated hated to have been in a crowded theater my first time, 'specially if I didn't know anything about what I was getting into. Not to say it's impossible for him to have a good time though.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: Advice for my buddies first time... [Re: KackleDude]
    #1623646 - 06/10/03 02:27 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

I would advise against that. When I was in high school I messed around with shrooms while on Zoloft, and another time while on Paxil, and had bad experiences. Wait until your friend sorts out his own feelings before adding a halucinogen to the mix.

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Re: Advice for my buddies first time... [Re: houshroom]
    #1623714 - 06/10/03 03:12 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

He's been on them for as long as I remember, which is about 2 years now, not sure if he'll get off them any time soon. What we could also do though is if he does start freaking out, we'd leave since we've already seen the movie, and we'd probably sneak in anyways, so it wouldn't but a waste of money.
I'll talk with him about it, we have 3 days to decide. I'm about 50/50 right now on doing it or not, so its really up to him. Thanks for the advice...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
    #1623921 - 06/10/03 04:41 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

If you do, buy your tickets.  Having a negative thing on your mind can kick off a bad trip.  The last thing you want is your friend to get nervous and think that people coming/going from the theater are employees trying to bust him!  :tongue: 

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Advice for my buddies first time... [Re: houshroom]
    #1626864 - 06/11/03 06:31 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

^^^^^agreed, it'd be damn near impossible for myself & a friend to sneak into a movie theater tripping. Is it the type of theater you can go from one movie to another? that'd be fun, if you do decide to do it.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Re: Advice for my buddies first time... [Re: KackleDude]
    #1626905 - 06/11/03 06:45 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

It doesn't make a difference if I buy my ticket our not, the theater makes pennies off the ticket since it's a new release, if anything I'll be happy because I know how bad they're screwing us over by they're expensive munchies. 5 bux for a large drink, that's insane!
Anyways, we've decided he's not going to munch, but I most likely am =)
Not a huge ammount, enough for some visuals. Nothing like hearing engines red line'n in a dark room with a huge screen too look at... =)
Only problem I'll have is I might want to leave for a smoke, =/

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1627899 - 06/12/03 02:54 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

"relax; this is normal"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1629918 - 06/12/03 10:26 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Don't waste his first trip in a theater watching a stupid action movie.
Go out on a nature trail somewhere and eat them there, he'll get much more out of it.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Advice for my buddies first time... [Re: Xibalba]
    #1629934 - 06/12/03 10:32 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Also even if he doesn't trip very hard from the 1g, which he probably won't, on MAOIs it will last 6-8 hours with no real peak, just coming and going in waves the entire time. You'd have to figure out somewhere to go *after* the movie or wherever else you go- if your best idea is 'back to your parents house and try to act sober' you've got to come up with a better one.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #1645608 - 06/19/03 07:00 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

My first mushroom experience was actually in a movie theater.  My friend jP just busted out some shrooms when I was at the Burbank Media Center on January 31st, 2001 I believe was the date... senior year in high school.  The movie, well it wasn't important because I really couldn't pay much attention to it since I was simply trying to keep my uncontrollable laughter controlled.  Thankfully, my girlfriend at the time was the sober sitter and took care of us. 

We munched 'em during the previews, inside the theater and by the time we were leaving.. I had a hell of a time essentially crawling up the stairs to the third story of the parking structure where my girl's car was parked.  Nothing bad happened, except a few strange looks - but that's to be expected when you're giggling like a maniac.  We were driven around for the remainder of the evening into the wee hours of the morning and had some good music in the comforgable car, so it was a great experience.. obviously, or I probably wouldn't still be enthused about 'em magic mushies :grin:

However, if you are going to take this route, I strongly advise having a sober sitter with you at the time so that they can speak for you, if need be... and basically just keep an eye on you to make sure you don't get too crazy :tongue:

Don't dose very high either.  Good luck and make sure to let us know how your experiment went if you decide to persue this option :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports