Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Could you play loud music in most apartments?
    #16215825 - 05/11/12 03:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just wondering, say you get an apartment but you want to jam a lot with guitar and drums there how do you know if your place will be cool with it?    Can you jam in most apartments during the day?

Anyone have any experiences getting complained at or no one caring about jamming or playing loud music?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Loc: Gili Trawangan
Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: skatealex2]
    #16215836 - 05/11/12 03:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Depends on where you get your apartment. If its in a college town no one will care unless you guys suck. Just check out your neighbors and see if they look cool.

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

#16215841 - 05/11/12 03:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Generally never really a good idea.

If you want to blast music, rent a house with some friends.

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #16215843 - 05/11/12 03:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

With drums?  Almost NO chance.

A guitar once in a while during the day, sure.

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

#16215845 - 05/11/12 03:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I live in a college town... I play some decently loud electronic music during the day but it's never for more than a few hours MAX and always off by around 9.

but also I have pretty thick walls so :shrug:

my neighbor on the other hand just bought a drum set and doesn't give a fuck about anyone's sleep.

:facepalm:

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
    #16215870 - 05/11/12 04:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've got a significant sound system and I've never had any complaints in the ~2 years I've been here.  I don't play my music at low volumes either, but I never play it loudly past 9pm.  I try and avoid playing it loudly before noon and beyond 4pm.  In my head the hours between 12-4pm are jamming time and before/after that is discretionary.

OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
    #16215877 - 05/11/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

usually it leads to one of two things

1) a bigger party that gets louder
2) or police

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: NWlight]
    #16215878 - 05/11/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Drums in an apartment are a great way to have cops show up at your door its also the musical equivalent to the neighbor who has a dog that barks or whined all day when they aren't home. Don't be that douchey neighbor. No drums. No guitar with an amp. Like said above you want that freedom get a house.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16215879 - 05/11/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
With drums?  NO chance.

InvisibleDieCommie

#16215903 - 05/11/12 04:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

No.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: DieCommie]
    #16215943 - 05/11/12 04:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rewindicus said:
Drums in an apartment are a great way to have cops show up at your door its also the musical equivalent to the neighbor who has a dog that barks or whined all day when they aren't home. Don't be that douchey neighbor. No drums. No guitar with an amp. Like said above you want that freedom get a house.

Damn i guess house or jam space are the best options really for jamming.  Not sure what the cheapest houses are but whatever. :shrug:

Edited by skatealex2 (05/11/12 04:20 PM)

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
    #16215969 - 05/11/12 04:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Apartments are not a good place to crank up the volume.  If I'm past 1.5 I'll get a knock on the wall, and that's with a tube amp.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#16215972 - 05/11/12 04:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Even a house with close quarters could be trouble if the neighbors don't like it and they can hear it.

Ive had idiot neighbors wake me up with drums in the garage at midnight before...  But many houses are far enough away and sound insulated enough.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #16215985 - 05/11/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you're decent with your neighbors I'd advise just giving them a knock and warning them that it'll be a little loud from xxxxpm to xxxxpm.  It at least shows you're keeping them in mind before just randomly blasting music.

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: DieCommie]
    #16215989 - 05/11/12 04:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

My mom tells me she can hear my 18 watt vacuum tube amp from a 1/4 mile away easily, so if you live in an apartment, I advise being respectful of neighbors.

--------------------

OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: MorphinTime]
    #16216071 - 05/11/12 04:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The drums are a deal killer. I just moved out of a college town and we lived next door to this shitty indie band. Cool. No big deal. But those fucking drums. I could deal with the shitty vocals and guitar, because they weren't sharp enough to go through two sets of walls, but the goddamn drums....
If you do this make sure that you muffle the drums, for real. Even in a college town people will get pissed if they have enough on their plate.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: AltecLansing]
    #16216074 - 05/11/12 04:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i have concrete walls so i'm lucky. 85-100db is fairly loud, and i don't think neighbors would appreciate that.

--------------------

OfflineIdeLOLogies
Strange

#16216117 - 05/11/12 05:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Just wondering, say you get an apartment but you want to jam a lot with guitar and drums there how do you know if your place will be cool with it?    Can you jam in most apartments during the day?

Anyone have any experiences getting complained at or no one caring about jamming or playing loud music?

In this situation, ask yourself the same question.
If someone else in your apartment block was constantly playing loud music/drums would it piss you off?
Drums in general are loud with many different loud tones, you only really want to be practising with a live kit in areas designed for it/with lots of space.

If you really want to practise with drums, get a program that allows you to program beats on your pc, or find a more suitable place. If neither of these are possible then get your drummer friend to get silencing pads (sound like shit and ruin everything) or get an electric kit and then you can listen to yourselves on head phones. (warning if you want to go the silencing route make sure you/your drummer gets a floor piece for it to deaden out the high-hat and bass drum stamps, this noise is very noticeable and very annoying to the apartment directly below.)

If you really really want to practise loud in your apartment then I suggest researching into sound proofing it, although this is generally very expensive and could damage the apartment voiding your deposit.

If after all this you still really really really need to practise with live drums and amped up guitars in your rented apartment, at least find out when everyone else is out and try to do it then.

In general, if you're keeping illegables in your flat and wanting to jam/play loud music, your just waiting to be arrested.
Plus it's just pretty shitty to disregard everyone else you're living around for the sake of loud music, but then you might be a shitty person..?

--------------------
God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad.

Why does God give us anything?

Look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, it would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Could you play loud music in most apartments? [Re: IdeLOLogies]
    #16216147 - 05/11/12 05:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

IdeLOLogies said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

In this situation, ask yourself the same question.
If someone else in your apartment block was constantly playing loud music/drums would it piss you off?
Drums in general are loud with many different loud tones, you only really want to be practising with a live kit in areas designed for it/with lots of space.

If you really want to practise with drums, get a program that allows you to program beats on your pc, or find a more suitable place. If neither of these are possible then get your drummer friend to get silencing pads (sound like shit and ruin everything) or get an electric kit and then you can listen to yourselves on head phones. (warning if you want to go the silencing route make sure you/your drummer gets a floor piece for it to deaden out the high-hat and bass drum stamps, this noise is very noticeable and very annoying to the apartment directly below.)

If you really really want to practise loud in your apartment then I suggest researching into sound proofing it, although this is generally very expensive and could damage the apartment voiding your deposit.

If after all this you still really really really need to practise with live drums and amped up guitars in your rented apartment, at least find out when everyone else is out and try to do it then.

In general, if you're keeping illegables in your flat and wanting to jam/play loud music, your just waiting to be arrested.
Plus it's just pretty shitty to disregard everyone else you're living around for the sake of loud music, but then you might be a shitty person..?

Nah, I was just asking cause I'm thinking of getting a place in a few months and was thinking what I could do, but I guess if a friend wants to chip in we might get a jam space sometime.  I'm also open to getting a house but don't think I really have the money to do it now.

I agree though drums in an apartment could be annoying that's why I was asking.  I also was wondering if any apartments have sound proof walls but I guess for drums probably not really.  :shrug:

The electric drum machine is a pretty good idea though, that might be a legit way to go.  I'm sure with electric drums and guitar you can keep the volume pretty low, but again I wouldn't jam in a way that would go through anyone's walls cause that would be annoying to anyone around.

InvisibleDieCommie

#16216178 - 05/11/12 05:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I also was wondering if any apartments have sound proof walls but I guess for drums probably not really. 

My last apartment I could hear when the neighbor was peeing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies