Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Spikes of mycelium???
    #1621346 - 06/09/03 06:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This growth at the base of my kids shrooms seems to be just strange mycelium growth, but my kids wanted to make sure. It didn't happen other times my kids fruited PF style. The spores came from a print my kids took from a wild cubensis they picked. Please tell me what you think. I don't want my kids to eat anything bad.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (06/09/03 10:15 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Spikes of mycelium??? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1621438 - 06/09/03 06:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's pretty weird... i would wager that its just real agressive rhizomorphic growth. Wait a few days and see if it fills in... I bet it will turn into solid clumps. I had some shit that looked like that on my cakes and i thought it was cobweb, but then it filled in into mycelial patches sort of. Give a few days though... It will probably change color if its not the mycelium.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Re: Spikes of mycelium??? [Re: lemunhed]
    #1621466 - 06/09/03 06:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's been like that ever since mushrooms appeared and it only occurs on and around the mushroom bases. So I'd say its been like that for a week to a week and a half.

Oh yea, also these mushrooms are the smallest damn things my kids have grown to date. Others have been much bigger. The ones in the picture are already breaking the veil and when they are fully opened up they are only about as big around as pennies. Anyone got any ideas why?

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineYellowPurpleHills
Stranger
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1621488 - 06/09/03 07:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Re: Spikes of mycelium??? [Re: YellowPurpleHills]
    #1621503 - 06/09/03 07:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Also the shrooms my kids got the spores from had three inch caps and were about four inches tall. It just doesn't make sense that these mushies are so small.

However, they do bruise very blue at that slightest touch so the kids may be in for a treat.

--------------------

Invisiblecalicyco
    #1621621 - 06/09/03 07:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what you have there is fluffy mycellium because of high humidity. It looks kind weird probably, as Yellow stated, its a wild strain. However it is creeping up the stalks of the mushroom and that is a sign of too much humidity. It doesn't look like a contam. Try lowering the humidity a little bit. The tub they are in is saturated, so you have really high humidity, lowering it a few percent may help. Perhaps crack the lid or something?

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Re: Spikes of mycelium??? [Re: calicyco]
    #1622045 - 06/09/03 10:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks Clicyco. I'll tell the kids.

--------------------

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1622369 - 06/09/03 11:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yup, finally someone said it-its really high (probly 100%) rh, and the foaf has had batches of cakes perform the same way, with stringy mycelium growing up the stems, not just fluffy smooth white stuff, with no ill affects. there is nothing wrong with this, just fan more often to take care of your problem.
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation