Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: Enlil]
    #16200885 - 05/08/12 05:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Rest assured, in most states, evidence of sexual history is generally not admissible except in certain limited cases...

I'm aware of this restriction, but that is only in a COURTROOM setting where it is not legally admissible. The police are still free to use a victim's sexual history in determining whether a rape is even worthy of prosecution.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16202882 - 05/08/12 11:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
A (supposed) lawyer pWned by a pole dancer.  Priceless.

:bondage:

I think it's pointless to continue.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #16203169 - 05/09/12 01:40 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
A (supposed) lawyer pWned by a pole dancer.  Priceless.

:bondage:

I think it's pointless to continue.

"May I please have another, mistress?"  :bowdown:  :lol:

Edited by Crystal G (05/09/12 01:49 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: Crystal G]
    #16203365 - 05/09/12 03:19 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quoting Enlil, out of context, in your signature is bad form, since it's very easy to ascribe to him the wrong meaning without the context. You might consider taking it out or adding his context in if you do not want to appear intellectually dishonest.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: fireworks_god]
    #16203484 - 05/09/12 05:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quoting Enlil, out of context, in your signature is bad form, since it's very easy to ascribe to him the wrong meaning without the context. You might consider taking it out or adding his context in if you do not want to appear intellectually dishonest.

Intellectual dishonesty is her stock-in-trade on these forums...I have broad shoulders.  Here's some more intellectual dishonesty:
Quote:

The police are still free to use a victim's sexual history in determining whether a rape is even worthy of prosecution

When she is fully aware that the police do not decide what gets prosecuted and what doesn't.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Edited by Enlil (05/09/12 05:22 AM)

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: Enlil]
    #16203936 - 05/09/12 09:09 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Actually I originally added that in before enlil explained why he said it. I'm on my mobile now, so ill have to edit it out later.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #16204340 - 05/09/12 11:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Ahh, cool, good form. :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #16209488 - 05/10/12 11:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

imachavel said:
So in this situation wouldn't you say the unfairness is to the person being charged with a crime that was perpetrated months before? The court will never have sympathy for someone that rapes another person.

What the fuck? You hear about a rape that happened months earlier, and your first instinct is to sympathize with the RAPIST, simply because a few months passed in between the time of the crime? Right, because the person we should identify with and feel sorry for is the rapist and not the victim...? Again, what the flying fuck?

Quote:

This person clearly should have come out with it right forward, and then if no action could be taken, they should have left.

What the fuck is your fucking problem? You're marginalizing ALL rape victims and telling them exactly the "RIGHT" way to act after they've been raped. As if there even IS a "right" way to act. And furthermore, if there WAS a right way to act, I highly doubt YOU of all people who has made some of the most insensitive comments about rape in this thread, would have first-hand knowledge about the "right" thing to do.

No. You don't get to have that right of telling rape victims how THEY should behave. Why the fuck should they have to leave if they don't want to? How the hell is it even her fucking fault that she got raped? Why should SHE have to leave?

I'm sorry to lose my shit on you, but you are having the exact same victim-blaming and victim-shaming attitude that you yourself CLAIM to be against.

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM??!?!? YOU DON'T READ A DAMN THING I SAY!! I HAVE NO SYMPATHY WITH A RAPIST!!

Crime is hard to prove!! I've known MANY people who were friends involved in crime, and they got away with it many times because other people WOULDN'T REPORT ANYTHING THEN MONTH LATER WOULD GO TO THE COPS. Is that NOT THE MOST RETARDED CONCEPT EVER??! So you are raped, and not strong enough to force someone off you. Fucking A, now you have enough sympathy to get help from people who are obligated under law to help you, all you HAVE TO DO IS REPORT it, but now I get you in my face because I don't agree with you??! Fuck off! I have my own opinion, why don't you quote how many times I said "I DON'T SYMPATHIZE WITH RAPISTS!" Did I NOT SAY IT even ONCE??! Fucking A!!

They may have their own dedication, right? According to wolverine? Well guess what god expects you to be strong, there is no place for weak people on gods earth. Sorry. A religion that expects a woman to be submissive? Or wait, what did he mean by that? I am simply saying, in the eyes of the court, without evidence a proper trial cannot be help. Things get so much worst without reporting something at all. I am not going to lie and tell you I agree with you to make you happy. Sorry

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#16209595 - 05/10/12 11:38 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:

Way to skew the statistics, those are rape cases that go to COURT. You know full well the district attorney isn't going to waste their time prosecuting a rape if the victim has had too many sexual partners, or if she was drunk, or didn't see her attacker well, or if there's other flimsy evidence that won't generate a successful prosecution.

If you are counting all rapes that have been REPORTED (not just ones that go to court), only 10% or so end up in a conviction.

It doesn't take a mathematician to figure it out logically... 100% chance of hurting my military career if I report the rape, 10% chance me reporting the rape will be even worthwhile. I'm not at all surprised at the choices some of these women make.

and it is their choice to make them. The worst thing possible is the idea that they couldn't voice them self. They always should be able to. And always should. The district attorney maybe should make better choices. But if no evidence is available to convict someone, because they didn't come forward soon enough, then nothing could be done, whether the district attorney is an unfair ass hole or not.

If I went to your place and we got drunk, and I left, and no one knew if we get it on or not, then 3 months later you say I raped you, and no evidence is present, what would you think if you were the judge? Isn't it just a little bit weird? Thank you for understanding both points of views. I cannot agree with you and simply say rape is wrong and dammit a woman can come out four years later and claim rape. In the eyes of the court if no evidence is present, how can you convict me if I've done nothing to you?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16209653 - 05/10/12 11:55 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
I'm still waiting to hear the difference between the two. Crystal seems to think that it's okay not to report a crime despite having a duty to do so because in some cases reporting has negative consequences...

I disagree strongly with her position on that.
Quote:

Well, in some cases, failing to consent has negative consequences that can be avoided by consenting...so why not take it one step further toward harm reduction?

I don't think you quite appreciate the affection that women have for their vaginas.  Set aside the potential for personal vigilante vengeance, which you lose claim to by consenting, how would you react if Lexington Steele decided that he absolutely had to have full and unfettered access to your rectum?  Whenever he wanted it?

dude sometimes I hate you, and sometimes you are awesome! :lol:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: imachavel]
    #16210593 - 05/10/12 03:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm always awesome.  Just ask me.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #16210854 - 05/10/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Are you awesome?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: women in the military are afraid to come forward about rape [Re: Icelander]
    #16210988 - 05/10/12 05:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Always.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#16210994 - 05/10/12 05:07 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16211441 - 05/10/12 06:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Always.

Thanks for the information

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#16219639 - 05/12/12 12:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it's not as though I'm calling crystal G a complete liar

Victoria Lindsay

remember her? 16 year old chick who got beat the fuck out of on face book, but for 30 minutes, and video taped. The judge took one look at the girls who did it, little freshman at a red neck po dunk school(I only live about 100 miles from lakeland), and decided to give them each 1 year of probation instead of 8 years in prison each. It was basically attempted murder, and blackmail, etc.

The judge didn't want to see the little bitches gang raped by big gang banging hoes in prison. Sometimes people don't get tried, I'm just saying who the fuck in the world gets raped and does nothing, mentions nothing, etc.? Fairly retarded. Who would believe them months later when so many good cases get thrown out with no evidence or a soft judge. Those chicks just got a lucky judge in Miami dade they'd be getting dildo raped by big gang chicks right about now(see how I didn't get racist? :grin:)

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16266123 - 05/22/12 02:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16266565 - 05/22/12 07:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm shocked.

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#16271705 - 05/23/12 05:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't want to derail my own thread. But speaking about trusting the military, how can you get raped and not come forward? The military is made of a bunch of fucking snakes and backstabbing wolverines. You know how many murders they've covered up in the middle east? Not even ones they've committed, but actual assassinations of Taliban members. They find a beheading video and don't release it. Now I'm I understand not releasing videos like that for the sake of the family.

But shit like finding the family member beheaded, telling no one, making an assassination, then saying "oh we just found the body." That's fucked up man, if I was in the military and was grazed by another platoon member, I'd feel I had to report it. Then again, being in the military is probably a bit more like being in jail, if a platoon member gazes at you, you better knock him out, fast. Or get no respect. You got to go into combat with these guys. Go to war, if you get pushed around in training, chances are in combat situations when you are murdering people you will get pushed around. And man, that's the last place you want to get kicked around and shit.

So speaking of, as much as I hate to say it, you get raped in the military, you better at least ask for a transfer, and make something up. I guess I'm beating a dead horse here :flowstone:

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16271714 - 05/23/12 05:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
I don't want to derail my own thread. But speaking about trusting the military, how can you get raped and not come forward? The military is made of a bunch of fucking snakes and backstabbing wolverines. You know how many murders they've covered up in the middle east? Not even ones they've committed, but actual assassinations of Taliban members. They find a beheading video and don't release it. Now I'm I understand not releasing videos like that for the sake of the family.

But shit like finding the family member beheaded, telling no one, making an assassination, then saying "oh we just found the body." That's fucked up man, if I was in the military and was grazed by another platoon member, I'd feel I had to report it. Then again, being in the military is probably a bit more like being in jail, if a platoon member gazes at you, you better knock him out, fast. Or get no respect. You got to go into combat with these guys. Go to war, if you get pushed around in training, chances are in combat situations when you are murdering people you will get pushed around. And man, that's the last place you want to get kicked around and shit.

So speaking of, as much as I hate to say it, you get raped in the military, you better at least ask for a transfer, and make something up. I guess I'm beating a dead horse here :flowstone:

Uhh, that's sort of the whole point and precisely what the liberals are trying to change about the military. Because currently when a rape victim reports a rape, the military does not transfer them and forces them to work in the same platoon around the same people. Which is precisely why a lot of people don't want to come out and report the rape and make it public.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder