Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Best drug for playing music? [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #506529 - 01/01/02 12:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Playing in a band is somewhat right-brained as you have to be acutely aware of tempo, chord changes and what your band-mates are doing.

As I play experimental synth, i.e. I paint soundscapes; tripping is the way to go, as there are no rules. Here are Swami's faves in moderate dosages:

Rating Substance

10 Acid
8 Shrooms
7 DPT
7 Mescaline
6 Ayahuasca
5 2C-T2
4 5MEO-DIPT
3 Cannabis
1 Alcohol

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
    #650444 - 05/29/02 01:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah i play bass too and i find i come up with some really good shit when I'm wasted on pot. Another fun thing to do is get someone who is really off their face to act how they think tey should to the music you're playing. It can be really hilarious/entertaining.

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Anonymous

#650574 - 05/29/02 04:04 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My fellow guitar player and I like to jam out a lot, usually we just sit there and play sober but things can get interesting when drugs are involved. Well, we tend to be fairly heavy pot smokers, so that's usually a given. But once on mushrooms, we started jamming and totally connected on another level.. we were playing what I would call harmonic elf music..improvizing and playing in perfect synchronicity.. it was amazing.. we played for two hours straight without stopping. We listened to some of it later and it was awesome. LSD is good for creating music also I think. I tried playing after smoking some salvia extract.. that didn't work too well.

But for me, the absolute best drug to play music on is adrenaline. Absolutely amazing. (Playing for large groups of people)

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: Best drug for playing music? [Re: ]
    #650835 - 05/29/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

When I tried playing a classical guitar on my first shroom trip I really felt 'lost.' I really play guitar quite a lot, but at that time it just felt so odd to hold a guitar. There were also people around and it was my first trip, so off course I was pretty nervous. I remember one of my friends saying that I wasn't really good, but I couldn't really help it. I did feel my fingers melt into the strings
On some other occasion, after having smoked a good amount of weed, I played an electric guitar and my playing was a lot better. I played for about half an hour and people (about 6) kept on listening and telling me they were enjoying it. I was just jamming which I usually like best. It feels more natural to me than when you're really counting out rhytms, but off course that has to be done too.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#666028 - 06/06/02 12:08 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Heroin.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Best drug for playing music? [Re: Middleman]
    #666193 - 06/06/02 02:18 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Pot- Fills my soloing with more "soul" but makes my chords progressions go all to hell.

Ecstacy- This is great for playing. It enhances my hearing and other perceptions so much, and i can feel every note i play for what it really is, enhances my technical skills a little to.

Mushrooms- Helps me create very scattered ambient and diverese songs that sometimes end up with like fifty perfect changes that flow into each other greatly. Then i forget it all.

Acid- Doesnt really work for me, fucks up my playing, but i'm sure its a mental thing :/

Heroin- heheh FEELS really cool. Totally relaxes me and makes me enjoy what i'm doing by about ten times.

DXM- LOL

Alcohol- My favorite "all purpose jamming tool" since i dont smoke up anymore, Doesnt really enhance to much but it makes it more fun.

Coke- I dont know what you guys are talking about, it makes my wanna jam the fuck out.

Theres more i'm forgeting, i know. I've been told i play really well when i'm rolling or drunk. When i shroom and play i've been told i have a pretty cool style. Those are the only ones that really make my style of playing manifest in a new way. But i enjoy some of the other ones to. Certain pill combos are also enjoyable, but dont really enhance me i guess.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflineBeauxdensteiner
Stranger

#16172584 - 05/02/12 06:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms will give you glorious things if you go deep (heavy dose), alone and in the dark. But be careful as they may teach you some respect. Play your music and "see".
  Weed gives me inspiration and ideas, especially if I lay off for a couple of days to a week and then smoke and play.

OfflineZlpqlz
Awesome
Female

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Best drug for playing music? [Re: Beauxdensteiner]
    #16178990 - 05/03/12 09:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Weed isn't on the list?

Ever notice how different drugs make you like different music?

--------------------

Offlineislanduniverse
Male

Re: Best drug for playing music? [Re: Zlpqlz]
    #16206968 - 05/09/12 08:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

alcohol - rock and roll, jazz, mainstream (lol puke)
weed - jazz, rock and roll, hip hop, electronic/experimental... shit almost anything
psychedelics - minimalist/electronic/experimental/dark ambient

for me, anyway

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies