Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSaffron
Stranger
Should I case my casing?
    #1620487 - 06/09/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I used the MMGG as my tek then I learned more and regret it, my jars didn't get enough air exchange and water, I am trying to revive them. However I had one jar (my experimentation jar if you will) that did do well, so I cased it using a verm/soil/water-collinized-substrate-soil casing as the guide instructed. So far it is doing very well and I see rapid growth in its casing container. So I thought that since I had only one jar turn out purhaps it would be a good idea to take the casing after it has been fully collinized and break it up and make 2 or 3 more casings for the mycillium to grow in. I know casing are usually non nutrious but this one called for potting soil whith I would think would have some decient nutrients in it... From what I understant of mycilum I would think one could keep doing this collinizing more and more containers but I havn't heard anything about it. Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Saffron

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePavement
Stephen Malkmus

Re: Should I case my casing? [Re: Saffron]
    #1620684 - 06/09/03 03:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I see what you are saying, but by breaking up the really nutrious casing you already have, and getting more spawn in a non nutritous enviroment, you will get more shrooms yes (maybe) but they will definetly be smaller than if you just left the casing alone. But if you got some poo or straw and used your spawn in that, then you will be fine (because those are really nutritous casings - potting soil won't help you make more mushrooms). That's just my opinoin, highly speculative.

--------------------
"Over the turnstile and out in the classroom there ways of living and this is the way I'm living right or wrong" - Range Life - Pavement

OfflineSaffron
Stranger
Re: Should I case my casing? [Re: Pavement]
    #1620985 - 06/09/03 04:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ok I see, thats what I was considering was keep taking large pieces of mycilium and putting them in casings that will have all kinds of mushroom food and keep that cycle up of making casings from casings but I didn't know if that was a bad idea. So I think thats what I will do is put my exsisting mycilium that is doing so well into more food. I appriciate the info man! thanks!
Saffron

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation