Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJackMama
Sir Jack of Ass

Disassociating Myself Out of Highs
    #1619821 - 06/09/03 04:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This has really been bugging me

I went to go see Finding Nemo with some friends of mine on shrooms. I an 8th, I'd gotten from someone I trust, about 30 minutes before the movie. At about 20- 40 minutes into the movie I could feel the slight effects of the mushies, but then they'd go away. They'd only come back when I stopped paying attention to the movie, but I never could get far enough away from the movie mentally to let the effects come for long. I just disassociated them away. After the movie, when I should have been peeking, I felt sober. Later when I got home about an hour later, I could drum up the effects if I concentrated, but they weren't free flowing.

I've had this happen before too. I went and saw a laser light show on E. The 5 minutes before I walked into the room I was chattering at 200 mph and feeling great. As soon as I walked into the room where the show was my high was cut into a third of what it'd been. As soon as I layed down to watch the show my high was completely gone. As soon as I got up and was walking out the high came back as though it'd never been gone.

This isn't limited to drug induced highs. A recent day at school we basically had a free period so I went into a back room and did Pranayama all period. I sort of felt calmed, but not much. As time went on I felt like I wasn't getting any mental feeling out of it at all, but wanted to keep going. The strangest thing was that as soon as I walked out the door of the room this wave of calm, almost stoned calm, hit me. I felt great like I was quite high, but had felt nothing while doing the breathing exercises. I've had another experience like this when I tried to do some pranayama and meditation on mushrooms, and when I should have been peaking I felt 100% sober until I stopped, and did something else.

For whatever reason my mind refuses to integrate highs with what I'm taking in perceptually, and will go so far as to kill the trip. This is really a detriment. I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences, and had any ideas\exercises\books they could suggest to help me work through this.

:confused: Floating off into my mind when I get high is fine and dandy every now and again, but I really want to be able integrate into my perceptions more.   

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Disassociating Myself Out of Highs [Re: JackMama]
    #1620282 - 06/09/03 11:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

do you have a question?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinerohitabong
shroomtastic
Loc: DC
Re: Disassociating Myself Out of Highs [Re: Strumpling]
    #1621072 - 06/09/03 04:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

no need to be an ass strumpling, he just wants to know what the deal is with his dissociations...

--------------------
In the Time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Disassociating Myself Out of Highs [Re: rohitabong]
    #1621626 - 06/09/03 07:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If i'm tripping there is no way i can feel sober. Everything is different: thinking, walking, thinking, moving, thinking, etc... :smile: I think you should have a high tolerance or the shrooms were very bad.

Have you ever tripped before? How many times? What doses? Did your friends trip "normal"?

Try a higher dose(in a safe environment, not in a movie theater) and tell us what happened!

If you have questions feel free to ask!

OfflineJackMama
Sir Jack of Ass

Re: Disassociating Myself Out of Highs [Re: Annom]
    #1621762 - 06/09/03 08:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've tried Morning Glories about three times(About 3g, 6g, and another 6g), and mushrooms three times(3.5g, 1.75g, and then 3.5g). Though the second time I took them I was taking a medication that interferes with the mushrooms. So I got no effects.

One of my friends said he wasn't feeling much of anything after he lef the movie, but later told me that whatever little actions he did were infinitely fun. The other person with us said that she was tripping, and they'd both taken a half.

I got full blown effects of mushrooms the first time I took them, but later when I tried to do some Pranayama(Breathing Techniques) and meditation (see last sentences of my third paragraph) during the trip and the high went away 100%. It came back after I gave up on that.

Grass does this too. Unless I'm staring off into oblivion the high is pretty much gone. Interaction with my perceptions pretty much just kills my high and leaves me in a confused state.

If any of you have used Mind Machines, that too will kill any high I have. I've seen people just get the greatest kick out of using this machine both high and sober for me it just seems to put me in a very sobering state.

I'm just trying get any information I can on how I can deal with and break down whatever it is my mind is doing to ignore my perceptions while in altered states.

OfflineJackMama
Sir Jack of Ass

#1629761 - 06/12/03 09:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Any ideas, any one, about understanding and/or dealing with this?

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

#1630026 - 06/12/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Im not experienced but .. try a really high dose possibly? .. and/or if that doesnt work just stare into obilvion anyway =P

--------------------
May Peace and fellicity smile on those who seek it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience