Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: AlexandrSupertramp]
    #16192144 - 05/06/12 08:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AlexandrSupertramp said:
I know Mandelbrot created the Mandelbrot fractal set and it goes on forever and ever but the mandelbrot set wasn't first found in nature was it.I know there are fractals in nature but the mandelbrot zooms in forever no matter how far you zoom in and you keep getting fractals. Are the fractals in nature infinite fractals when you keep zooming in?

well, the further you zoom in on somthing, it still yeilds fractals, like atoms and quarks arranged in patterns, but that breaks down further than we can see. and but think about this: time is equal to space, and you're always viewing the fractal (mandelbrot) from the same point. it only gets more colmpex over time; you're not actuially "zooming in" on anything. this can be applied to real life. for example let's take mushrooms into concideration.

watch this video:

as you view the mushrooms from the same point, as time passes, you can see the fractal progress.

see the resemblemce to 2 dimensional fractals like the mandelbrot? the patterns get more complex over time and multiply.

another example is when you travel. you are always viewing the world from the same point, although your body is moving. along your destination, you follow paths and see progressive more things coming into your sight. complex patterns that progress as you move down the path (space) over time.

understand?

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: pureenergy13]
    #16192157 - 05/06/12 08:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AlexandrSupertramp said:
I know Mandelbrot created the Mandelbrot fractal set and it goes on forever and ever but the mandelbrot set wasn't first found in nature was it.I know there are fractals in nature but the mandelbrot zooms in forever no matter how far you zoom in and you keep getting fractals. Are the fractals in nature infinite fractals when you keep zooming in?

Quote:

pureenergy13 said:
Not quite.  fractals are in theory endlessly repeating geometric shapes.  If you zoom in forever on a mathematical model of a fractal (like the mandelbrot set), it'll go on forever.  Natural fractals are similar, but do to the nature of finite amounts of mass, no, they don't go on forever.

Here's a type of broccoli called romanescu

Ah, but what about the fact that we keep zooming in farther and farther to find the basic sub atomic particles that can not be broken down any further, only to find that those pieces are made up of infinitely smaller and smaller pieces?
Not a visual fractal pattern but I think this illustrates the fractal nature of reality. We haven't even scratched the surface.

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere in particular. Flag
Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: Salomon]
    #16192309 - 05/06/12 09:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
Quote:

AlexandrSupertramp said:

well, the further you zoom in on somthing, it still yeilds fractals, like atoms and quarks arranged in patterns, but that breaks down further than we can see. and but think about this: time is equal to space, and you're always viewing the fractal (mandelbrot) from the same point. it only gets more colmpex over time; you're not actuially "zooming in" on anything. this can be applied to real life. for example let's take mushrooms into concideration.

watch this video:

as you view the mushrooms from the same point, as time passes, you can see the fractal progress.

see the resemblemce to 2 dimensional fractals like the mandelbrot? the patterns get more complex over time and multiply.

another example is when you travel. you are always viewing the world from the same point, although your body is moving. along your destination, you follow paths and see progressive more things coming into your sight. complex patterns that progress as you move down the path (space) over time.

understand?

I'm sorry but i think you might be confused.
If the video had shown a tree i would understand why you used it to describe a fractal, but you didn't- you used a video of mushrooms leading me to question whether or not you know what a fractal is.

--------------------
"I get up, I get down." Insect Forum

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: Dr.Tooty]
    #16192328 - 05/06/12 09:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah for some reason it seems like every house or apartment I end up tripping in has this type of ceiling. Always trips me out I'll never forget the first time I actually thought my friends ceiling had kaleidoscope patterns on it haha.

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: ILikeACID]
    #16192359 - 05/06/12 09:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have a ceiling like this where I currently live, while it is nice, I find that almost anything textured produces great visuals.

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
Male
    #16192505 - 05/06/12 09:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TootyBooty said:

If the video had shown a tree i would understand why you used it to describe a fractal, but you didn't- you used a video of mushrooms leading me to question whether or not you know what a fractal is.

:wtfsonic:

do you think that there is a limited amount of types of repetitive patterns that constitutes a fractal?

--------------------

OfflineAlexandrSupertramp
Stranger
Male

#16192527 - 05/06/12 09:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I concur. Also check out www.auroravizion.com

The best purchase I ever made. Epic.

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

#16192533 - 05/06/12 09:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
Quote:

TootyBooty said:

do you think that there is a limited amount of types of repetitive patterns that constitutes a fractal?

noun Mathematics, Physics .
a geometrical or physical structure having an irregular or fragmented shape at all scales of measurement between a greatest and smallest scale such that certain mathematical or physical properties of the structure, as the perimeter of a curve or the flow rate in a porous medium, behave as if the dimensions of the structure (fractal dimensions)  are greater than the spatial dimensions.

^^^^^From dictionary.com^^^^^

How does this describe a mushroom?

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
Male
    #16192566 - 05/06/12 10:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

mushrooms are only part of the organism.

forget about the mycelium that produces the mushrooms?

tell me that's not fractal like at all^

the mushrooms are repetitive patterns that develop from the web of mycelium. they're like the repetitive pattern of apples in a tree or leaves in a tree.

mushrooms are fractals, just like everything else that evolves, grows and exists in our universe.

--------------------

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

#16192704 - 05/06/12 10:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That totally is, I apologize. I thought you were for some reason saying that the fruiting body themselves are fractal like in shape.

That being said; natural fractals (mycelium, trees, the human circulatory system) are much different than, say, a Mandelbrot or Julia set which will have more and more detail no mater where you zoom and are more along the lines of what I see when :aweyeah:

--------------------

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: AlexandrSupertramp]
    #16192722 - 05/06/12 10:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Nah, Satudays = Youth is the only full album of theirs I have. Just random songs here and there otherwise. That Fix You remix was pretty fucking sweet, thanks for sharing!

Quote:

AlexandrSupertramp said:
I concur. Also check out www.auroravizion.com

The best purchase I ever made. Epic.

Shit, I was gonna buy a couple pairs of those a while ago but I totally forgot about em. You know if those are the original ones? I looked at em a while back but Auroravizion doesn't sound familiar. Then again my memory = garbage.

Edit: PrizmEyez is what I was thinking of.

Edited by OnePerEyeM8 (05/06/12 11:00 PM)

OfflineLSDreams
Contemplative Stoner
Male

Loc: Stuck in 3rd Dimension
Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: carnage11]
    #16192851 - 05/06/12 11:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

textures and patterns like your ceiling make me think its moving even when im sober.

Stranger
Male

Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #16193052 - 05/07/12 12:06 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have the auroravizion stage 1 and stage 2. Stage ones produce like 6 rainbow lasers around each light and stage 2's produce a lot more lasers around each light. The stage 1's are better. Throw a bundle of christmas lights on your bed, put the stage 1's on, eat some fruitbodies or cacti and you will thank me later. One of the most epic things to look at if not the best. Prizmeyez is epic as well. I think they are probably better because the lens is supposed to be all the way clear. You're missing out on other awesome M83 songs bro. All sound awesome of the fruitbodies as well :smile: But first off here is one of my favorite songs.

Stranger
Male

Re: Fractal like Ceiling [Re: LSDreams]
    #16193056 - 05/07/12 12:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Is that your pupil in the picture? If so what were you on? lol.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies