Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: indica]
    #16192727 - 05/06/12 10:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

indica said:

perfect for when the apocalypse hits and all the roads will be jammed packed with cars , with that thing baby you can fly thru all dat jizz.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethissongis
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: andymc]
    #16192776 - 05/06/12 10:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

andymc said:
Quote:

thissongis said:
I will never own a bike as much as I want to, had someone really close to me almost lose their life and it was enough for me to not want to deal with the chance of having an old lady run a red light and take me out.

There's no denying that bikes are more dangerous than cars.  However, the "old lady" scenario can happen to anyone, anytime.  Car drivers, pedestrians, etc.  It happened to the parents of my friend, while driving in their car.  Both dead.

Riding a bike is a tradeoff, for sure.  More danger, more exposure to the elements, pollution, etc.  Yet cheaper (purchase cost, fuel, insurance, taxes), less waiting around in traffic, more enjoyable.

Indeed, but I just feel safer in a car.

Offlineczach
bloody kisses
Male

#16192856 - 05/06/12 11:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Streetfighter all the way. Its a mix of both pretty much. Raw looks of a custom Harley and speed and performance of a sporty. I have a custom Harley chopper and I would trade it anyday for a decent streetfight. Or Hayabusa.. omg. Lol.

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: Kinko]
    #16192884 - 05/06/12 11:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This post might be a bit drawn out, but I have a few things to say:

Ive ridden a lot of bikes, including cruisers/sports bikes; it really comes down to what you prefer. I prefer being able to ride for 6 hours straight through some killer canyons or along the coast. After riding a sportbike for 3-4 hours my body feels really cramped and I get almost dangerously fatigued.

on a cruiser its more of a relaxed feeling, while still having enough control to be reflexive to your environment. I like the smell of harley exhaust better, as well as the sound, the vibrations, the posture, the ride, and often, the look. Also with upgraded pipes you can put out a sound that makes other drivers aware of your presence. Its kind of a safety feature when riding conditions are less than ideal (and this is almost always the case)

the one thing ill say about sportsbikes, like a ninja, is that it is a mechanical dream. every nut, plate, and screw was put where it is for ideal performance, and it comes together to make such a monstrously reactive bike. you can slip between cars with a 2 1/2' or less clearing, you can speed from 0-60, or from 60-90 in mere seconds. I feel like I have more rider control on a sport bike, just because they are designed to be so incredibly responsive. braking is amazing, especially on the new models, or anything with antilock braking systems.

I love both ends of the biking spectrum (and this goes without mentioning dual sport motorcycles, which might be the best of all when it comes to safety). I would recommend getting a Harley in the end. When it comes down to it, they are just awesome fucking bikes. I feel great, comfortable, and in control when I ride them.

I would recommend a Sportster, as they are VERY responsive cruiser bikes. They get great MPG, they dont weigh a ton, and you can customize them to look like just about anything you want. Get a 1200 and do at least a stage 1 upgrade. You will be able to hit 60 in a couple seconds (I recommend this speed for safety, rather than being a speed demon; you never know when you will need immense power to get out of a jam, its good to have). I dont like the forward control option, as I like to have my feet underneath me.

Also, invest a good amount of money in comfortable and effective riding gear. buy a full face helmet, like a shoei RF 1000. and most importantly, enroll in the MSF training classes; and read books on motorcycle safety. The knowledge will more than likely save you from an accident, or at least reduce the damage should you go down.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: ManianFH]
    #16192908 - 05/06/12 11:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

here are a couple cool websites im reading up on right now. the first has a lot of info on motorcycle safety, as well as some interesting forums with user stories.

the second has reviews on certain motorcycles.

http://www.msgroup.org/

http://www.chuckhawks.com/index5.motorcycles.htm

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: czach]
    #16192922 - 05/06/12 11:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

czach said:
Streetfighter all the way. Its a mix of both pretty much. Raw looks of a custom Harley and speed and performance of a sporty. I have a custom Harley chopper and I would trade it anyday for a decent streetfight. Or Hayabusa.. omg. Lol.

thats what im hoping for no holding me back escaping nuclear fallpit... although no idea where im supposed to get fuel from :-p

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#16193283 - 05/07/12 01:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

how about a ratbike?

OfflineCuttysvelt
Joker
Male User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: thissongis]
    #16199696 - 05/08/12 12:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thissongis said:
Quote:

andymc said:
Quote:

thissongis said:
I will never own a bike as much as I want to, had someone really close to me almost lose their life and it was enough for me to not want to deal with the chance of having an old lady run a red light and take me out.

There's no denying that bikes are more dangerous than cars.  However, the "old lady" scenario can happen to anyone, anytime.  Car drivers, pedestrians, etc.  It happened to the parents of my friend, while driving in their car.  Both dead.

Riding a bike is a tradeoff, for sure.  More danger, more exposure to the elements, pollution, etc.  Yet cheaper (purchase cost, fuel, insurance, taxes), less waiting around in traffic, more enjoyable.

Indeed, but I just feel safer in a car.

I'm sorry, but your argument is stupid.  I work in a dealership and I hear this tired excuses all the time.  I know more people that ride bikes than I do that don't and I know more people that have died in cars.  This is the bullshit excuse of somebody who is so afraid of life you will probably never try anything that might be a little dangerous.  I don't know you but that lame ass statement tells me a lot about you.  Next time don't say I have a close friend who ALMOST died, say I am to much of a pussy to ride.  Sorry, I just hate that ignorant statement.

--------------------
Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.
Bill Hicks

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: Cuttysvelt]
    #16199731 - 05/08/12 12:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I work in a dealership and I hear this tired excuses all the time.  I know more people that ride bikes than I do that don't and I know more people that have died in cars.

Your own personal, anecdotal experiences are useless with respect to this argument.

Quote:

Per mile traveled in 1998, a motorcyclist is approximately 16 times more likely to die in a crash than an automobile occupant. And 3x (times) as likely to be injured.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-Safety/crash.htm
http://www.iii.org/issues_updates/motorcycle-crashes.html

If you want to take that risk, that is your prerogative.  But dont fool yourself into thinking that anecdotes are evidence or even relevant.

OfflineCuttysvelt
Joker
Male User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: DieCommie]
    #16200789 - 05/08/12 05:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

I work in a dealership and I hear this tired excuses all the time.  I know more people that ride bikes than I do that don't and I know more people that have died in cars.

Your own personal, anecdotal experiences are useless with respect to this argument.

Quote:

Per mile traveled in 1998, a motorcyclist is approximately 16 times more likely to die in a crash than an automobile occupant. And 3x (times) as likely to be injured.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-Safety/crash.htm
http://www.iii.org/issues_updates/motorcycle-crashes.html

If you want to take that risk, that is your prerogative.  But dont fool yourself into thinking that anecdotes are evidence or even relevant.

I never stated that bikes were less dangerous, I said stop using that lame ass excuse to justify why you don't have a bike.  It's a cop out.  Don't say you want to ride, but you know somebody who got hurt so I don't.  You don't want to ride.  Period.  It's not for everybody.  You gotta have some balls and a little swag to ride a $20,000 750 pound chunk of metal

--------------------
Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.
Bill Hicks

OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

Re: choppers vs sports bikes [Re: Cuttysvelt]
    #16201260 - 05/08/12 07:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

BMW airhead! Beautiful design, better than a chopper & plenty of performance. + known for reliability.

Edited by Dest (05/08/12 07:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom