Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMushroomDogMan
Me
Male

Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned
    #16186298 - 05/05/12 02:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thought I'd post this.  I know it's a little off topic, but to me this epitomizes why more people need to use psychedelics.  Close minded, ignorant, selfish people create so much harm.  Sometimes I lose hope in humanity's future.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/150292835.html

by DAVID SCHECHTER
WFAA
Posted on May 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Updated today at 1:11 PM

GREENVILLE - Lightning Medicine Cloud, a white buffalo, was born onto Arby Little Soldier’s Lakota Ranch with great ceremony.

Now, at just under one-year-old, the sacred and rare calf is dead. Authorities believe the animal and his mother were intentionally killed.

"He was the hope of all nations,” Little Soldier said.

As a Lakota Indian, the birth, he said, was a symbol for the world to seek unity, making the ranch a destination for people around the country.

But now the Hunt County Sheriff and the Texas Rangers are searching for the person or people who killed the two animals. Little Soldier had thought that Lightning Medicine Cloud’s father had been killed by a lightning strike last month.

But that now appears suspicious, too.

"We are investigating all three deaths at the Lakota Ranch here,” said Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks.

"A little boy went on home, his mother went on home, his dad went on home,” Little Soldier said. “They're all together and god bless them."

Little Solider believes the killer had cased out the ranch, and waited for Little Soldier to leave. He's now offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and vows to keep Lightning Medicine Clouds message of unity alive.

"The message that was brought here to this ranch, he brought strong and it will carry on," he said. "It's not gonna quit. It's never going to quit."

The Hunt County Sheriff is tight-lipped about almost everything in this case, and won't say if the animal’s hide was taken.

A one-year birthday party was planned for Lightening Medicine Cloud for next week. The event will continue as a memorial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineinfinitesidedcube
Stardust Disintegrator
Male

Loc: Hourglass Nebula
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: MushroomDogMan]
    #16186314 - 05/05/12 02:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just completely and utterly disgusted.

--------------------
Shroomery Theme Song
:mushroom2:Shpongle - Shpongle Spores (HD):mushroom2:

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: infinitesidedcube]
    #16186332 - 05/05/12 02:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This isn't drug related news OP, doesn't belong here, interesting regardless.

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: PreparationH]
    #16186334 - 05/05/12 02:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:sad:

That's fucked up.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #16186336 - 05/05/12 02:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've had buffalo before. It tastes like beef.

I don't get the big deal. It's sacred to them. To me it's dinner. Kay surah surah.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Edited by Ellis Dee (05/05/12 03:56 PM)

OfflineAzurescens89
Stranger
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Ellis Dee] * 1
    #16186456 - 05/05/12 02:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not anymore sad/messed up than the hamburgers a lot of us eat.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #16186493 - 05/05/12 03:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I know it's a little off topic, but to me this epitomizes why more people need to use psychedelics.  Close minded, ignorant, selfish people create so much harm.

Taking drugs doesn't make anyone less selfish or ignorant. They are not a magic wand. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #16186501 - 05/05/12 03:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

I know it's a little off topic, but to me this epitomizes why more people need to use psychedelics.  Close minded, ignorant, selfish people create so much harm.

Taking drugs doesn't make anyone less selfish or ignorant. They are not a magic wand. :rolleyes:

Ya they are. :voila:

--------------------

InvisibleShill
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #16186510 - 05/05/12 03:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It's called

LIFE

Haven't you played?

--------------------
The countdown to the break up of the euro has officially begun.

A great financial crisis is going to erupt in Europe, and it is going to shake the world to the core.

If you were frightened by what happened back in 2008, then you are going to be absolutely horrified by what is coming next.

"You throw the sand against the wind
And the wind blows it back again."
- William Blake

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Shill]
    #16186581 - 05/05/12 03:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

civilized man is so spiritually confused and preyed upon by the economy that when he sees a symbol of real spiritual hope and power that he cannot claim as his own, he must destroy it so that nobody can have what he can't. this same story happened almost 20 years ago, but the white buffalo keeps giving us a chance to change. i hope 2012 was not our last chance.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Azurescens89]
    #16186661 - 05/05/12 04:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Azurescens89 said:
Not anymore sad/messed up than the hamburgers a lot of us eat.

Since when does the supermarket poach a cow, and leave it's meat to rot? It is a lot different, we raise beef for food and eat the meat after it's killed. These animals were not killed for food and they were not the killer's property.

We are a meat eating species by the way :shock:

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: The Influence]
    #16186732 - 05/05/12 04:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
We are a meat eating species by the way

Not even close. There's a reason people with pesce-pollotarian, vegetarian, or vegan diets are better off health-wise. A diet with minimal amounts of animal foods is the way to go.

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Bawks]
    #16186759 - 05/05/12 04:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

White Buffalo Woman
This is a central myth of the Plains tribes, especially the Lakota, or Sioux. It tells how the Lakota first received their sacred pipe and the ceremony in which to use it. It has often been related, for example by Black Elk, Lame Deer and Looks for Buffalo.
In the days before the Lakota had horses on which to hunt the buffalo, food was often scarce. One summer when the Lakota nation had camped together, there was very little to eat. Two young men of the Itazipcho band – the ‘Without-Bows’ – decided they would rise early and look for game. They left the camp while the dogs were still yawning, and set out across the plain, accompanied only by the song of the yellow meadowlark.

After a while the day began to grow warm. Crickets chirruped in the waving grass, prairie dogs darted into their holes as the braves approached, but still there was no real game. So the young men made towards a little hill from which they would see further across the vast expanse of level prairie. Reaching it, they shielded their eyes and scanned the distance, but what they saw coming out of the growing heat haze was something bright, that seemed to go on two legs, not four. In a while they could see that it was a very beautiful woman in shining white buckskin.

As the woman came closer, they could see that her buckskin was wonderfully decorated with sacred designs in rainbow-coloured porcupine quills. She carried a bundle on her back, and a fan of fragrant sage leaves in her hand. Her jet-black hair was loose, except for a single strand tied with buffalo fur. Her eyes were full of light and power, and the young men were transfixed.

Now one of the men was filled with a burning desire. ‘What a woman!’ he said sideways to his friend. ‘And all alone on the prairie. I’m going to make the most of this!’

‘You fool,’ said the other. ‘This woman is holy.’

But the foolish one had made up his mind, and when the woman beckoned him towards her, he needed no second invitation. As he reached out for her, they were both enveloped in a great cloud. When it lifted, the woman stood there, while at her feet was nothing but a pile of bones with terrible snakes writhing among them.

‘Behold,’ said the woman to the good brave. ‘I am coming to your people with a message from Tatanka Oyate, the buffalo nation. Return to Chief Standing Hollow Horn and tell him what you have seen. Tell him to prepare a tipi large enough for all his people, and to get ready for my coming.’

The young man ran back across the prairie and was gasping for breath as he reached his camp. With a small crowd of people already following him, he found Standing Hollow Horn and told him what had happened, and that the woman was coming. The chief ordered several tipis to be combined into one big enough for his band. The people waited excitedly for the woman to arrive.

After four days the scouts posted to watch for the holy woman saw something coming towards them in a beautiful manner from across the prairie. Then suddenly the woman was in the great lodge, walking round it in a sunwise direction. She stopped before Standing Hollow Horn in the west of the lodge, and held her bundle before him in both hands.

‘Look on this,’ she said, ‘and always love and respect it. No one who is impure should ever touch this bundle, for it contains the sacred pipe.’

She unrolled the skin bundle and took out a pipe, and a small round stone which she put down on the ground.

‘With this pipe you will walk on the earth, which is your grandmother and your mother. The earth is sacred, and so is every step that you take on her. The bowl of the pipe is of red stone; it is the earth. Carved into it and facing the centre is the buffalo calf, who stands for all the four-leggeds. The stem is of wood, which stands for all that grows on the earth. These twelve hanging feathers from the Spotted Eagle stand for all the winged creatures. All these living things of the universe are the children of Mother Earth. You are all joined as one family, and you will be reminded of this when you smoke the pipe. Treat this pipe and the earth with respect, and your people will increase and prosper.’

The woman told them that seven circles carved on the stone represented the seven rites in which the people would learn to use the sacred pipe. The first was for the rite of ‘keeping the soul’, which she now taught them. The remaining rites they would learn in due course.

The woman made as if to leave the lodge, but then she turned and spoke to Standing Hollow Horn again. ‘This pipe will carry you to the end. Remember that in me there are four ages. I am going now, but I will look on your people in every age, and at the end I will return.’

She now walked slowly around the lodge in a sunwise direction. The people were silent and filled with awe. Even the hungry young children watched her, their eyes alive with wonder. Then she left. But after she had walked a short distance, she faced the people again and sat down on the prairie. The people gazing after her were amazed to see that when she stood up she had become a young red and brown buffalo calf. The calf walked further into the prairie, and then lay down and rolled over, looking back at the people.

When she stood up she was a white buffalo. The white buffalo walked on until she was a bright speck in the distant prairie, and then rolled over again, and became a black buffalo. This buffalo walked away, stopped, bowed to the four directions of the earth, and finally disappeared over the hill.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Bawks] * 1
    #16186773 - 05/05/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bawks said:
Quote:

The Influence said:

Not even close. There's a reason people with pesce-pollotarian, vegetarian, or vegan diets are better off health-wise. A diet with minimal amounts of animal foods is the way to go.

Compared to who? Maybe people that eat way more than the recommended amount of meat. But to say that we are not a meat eating species is obviously wrong. It's not like man, just started eating meat recently. We have been omivores since the beginning of our existence, to argue that is utterly useless. It's an obvious truth throughout man kinds history.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16186791 - 05/05/12 04:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
This isn't drug related news OP, doesn't belong here, interesting regardless.

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: The Influence]
    #16186871 - 05/05/12 05:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

Bawks said:
Quote:

The Influence said:

Compared to who? Maybe people that eat way more than the recommended amount of meat. But to say that we are not a meat eating species is obviously wrong. It's not like man, just started eating meat recently. We have been omivores since the beginning of our existence, to argue that is utterly useless. It's an obvious truth throughout man kinds history.

I wasn't arguing it. I know we eat meat, but we aren't a meat eating species. If we were then grains, fruit and vegetables would be at the top of the food guide pyramid instead of dairy and meat.

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: nooneman]
    #16186916 - 05/05/12 05:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

one message from the white buffalo woman myth is that it's ok to eat the four legged animals, but to treat and respect them as the holy creatures they are. i doubt she would approve of the american factory farm standards of today. correct me if i'm wrong but don't buffalo have to eat grass, or do they get shipped off to the cafos to eat gmo corn too? then there's the beefalo. does it eat corn?

Edited by passifloracaerulea (05/05/12 05:11 PM)

InvisibleWilliam Tell
...and then I was a fractal.
 User Gallery

Loc: Wake of the Flood Flag
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Azurescens89]
    #16186922 - 05/05/12 05:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes killing a sacred and endangered animal, worshiped by an entire race of people and was someone elses property is EXACTLY like killing cattle for beef. :rolleyes:

OfflineBluShoes
under the microscope
 User Gallery

Loc: the diaspora
    #16186941 - 05/05/12 05:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

"He was the hope of all nations."

Is that right, mr. Little soldier? If so, we've been doomed all along.

Still, whoever is going around skinning peoples' religious icons, should probably stop.

--------------------

Taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut

OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: BluShoes]
    #16187054 - 05/05/12 05:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

o no its the great white buffalo

User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Dest]
    #16187155 - 05/05/12 06:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a little bit of john trudell.

Offlinemushiefeet
Soggy Sock's Rainy Day's
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: William Tell]
    #16187156 - 05/05/12 06:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

William Tell said:
Yes killing a sacred and endangered animal, worshiped by an entire race of people and was someone elses property is EXACTLY like killing cattle for beef. :rolleyes:

:ahahaha:

OfflineCyrusthegreat
Stranger

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Dest]
    #16187180 - 05/05/12 06:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

White buffaloes are so rare and exotic.This makes me sad.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned (moved) [Re: MushroomDogMan]
    #16187289 - 05/05/12 06:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from Shroomery News Service.

Reason:
Not drug related.

Offlinekundalini1123
Functioning once again
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around Flag
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned (moved) [Re: MushroomDogMan]
    #16187479 - 05/05/12 07:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I would eat the white buffalo as well . I would cook it up with my Bald eagle burger. Tastes endangered man, have a whole endangered species smorgasbord white rhinoceros  on ritz crackers, Siberian tiger steaks, mountain gorilla nuggets.:tongue:

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned (moved) [Re: kundalini1123]
    #16187545 - 05/05/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kundalini1123 said:
I would eat the white buffalo as well . I would cook it up with my Bald eagle burger. Tastes endangered man, have a whole endangered species smorgasbord white rhinoceros  on ritz crackers, Siberian tiger steaks, mountain gorilla nuggets.:tongue:

Mountain gorilla nuggets is going a tad overboard don't you think?

Offlinekundalini1123
Functioning once again
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around Flag
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned (moved) [Re: The Influence]
    #16187574 - 05/05/12 07:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It's a smorgasbord man can't skimp out on it. I would throw pterodactyl chili and country fried wooly mammoth  into the mix if they weren't already dead.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #16187594 - 05/05/12 07:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
one message from the white buffalo woman myth is that it's ok to eat the four legged animals, but to treat and respect them as the holy creatures they are. i doubt she would approve of the american factory farm standards of today. correct me if i'm wrong but don't buffalo have to eat grass, or do they get shipped off to the cafos to eat gmo corn too? then there's the beefalo. does it eat corn?

cattle are finished on corn, ag waste and other grains, they arent fed it
through their whole life except in small amounts, it's too expensive to
spend $15/day to feed a cow for 2-3 years. even the cheap cuts of meat
would exceed $50/lb if they were fed nothing but grains

User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16187634 - 05/05/12 07:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i know they aren't fed it their whole lives. i mine in the modoc nat forest and the ranchers let their cattle roam the forest all summer, then round them up and ship them off to the feed lots. i guess the buffalo never see the feed lots?

Offlineeasytoremember
hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Deliverance
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16187638 - 05/05/12 08:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i bet the Native American dude did it himself for publicity.  After the excitement about the animals birth slowly passed, he wanted more attention.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Cyrusthegreat]
    #16187645 - 05/05/12 08:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cyrusthegreat said:
White buffaloes are so rare and exotic.This makes me sad hungry.

Fixed it for you! :highfive1:

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: easytoremember]
    #16187658 - 05/05/12 08:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

easytoremember said:
i bet the Native American dude did it himself for publicity.  After the excitement about the animals birth slowly passed, he wanted more attention.

the murdering of the white buffalo is an american tradition. they even made an old western about it where they portray it as an evil demon.

User Gallery

#16187674 - 05/05/12 08:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the american version of the white buffalo myth. classy!

oh yeah, i forgot... fuck you hollywood!

Edited by passifloracaerulea (05/05/12 08:13 PM)

Offlineeasytoremember
hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Deliverance
    #16187732 - 05/05/12 08:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

wow trailers really sucked back then!

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
    #16187740 - 05/05/12 08:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:

the american version of the white buffalo myth. classy!

oh yeah, i forgot... fuck you hollywood!

lol that buffalo is buggin' on those native americans :awehigh:

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
    #16187749 - 05/05/12 08:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomDogMan said:
Thought I'd post this.  I know it's a little off topic, but to me this epitomizes why more people need to use psychedelics.  Close minded, ignorant, selfish people create so much harm.  Sometimes I lose hope in humanity's future.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/150292835.html

by DAVID SCHECHTER
WFAA
Posted on May 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Updated today at 1:11 PM

GREENVILLE - Lightning Medicine Cloud, a white buffalo, was born onto Arby Little Soldier’s Lakota Ranch with great ceremony.

Now, at just under one-year-old, the sacred and rare calf is dead. Authorities believe the animal and his mother were intentionally killed.

"He was the hope of all nations,” Little Soldier said.

As a Lakota Indian, the birth, he said, was a symbol for the world to seek unity, making the ranch a destination for people around the country.

But now the Hunt County Sheriff and the Texas Rangers are searching for the person or people who killed the two animals. Little Soldier had thought that Lightning Medicine Cloud’s father had been killed by a lightning strike last month.

But that now appears suspicious, too.

"We are investigating all three deaths at the Lakota Ranch here,” said Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks.

"A little boy went on home, his mother went on home, his dad went on home,” Little Soldier said. “They're all together and god bless them."

Little Solider believes the killer had cased out the ranch, and waited for Little Soldier to leave. He's now offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and vows to keep Lightning Medicine Clouds message of unity alive.

"The message that was brought here to this ranch, he brought strong and it will carry on," he said. "It's not gonna quit. It's never going to quit."

The Hunt County Sheriff is tight-lipped about almost everything in this case, and won't say if the animal’s hide was taken.

A one-year birthday party was planned for Lightening Medicine Cloud for next week. The event will continue as a memorial.

:singletear:

User Gallery

Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #16187764 - 05/05/12 08:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the original

oh and i love how the media lays the guilt at the feet of the american public(well literally at the feet of the natives), and plays pollution off like it's nothing more than compostable thoughtlessness, when really it's omnicidal greed.

Edited by passifloracaerulea (05/05/12 08:36 PM)

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: passifloracaerulea] * 1
    #16187788 - 05/05/12 08:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This thread makes me wanna become a cannibal, after all any type of meat makes for good eatin.

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #16187799 - 05/05/12 08:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
This thread makes me wanna become a cannibal, after all any type of meat makes for good eatin.

Trust me. You won't be disappointed if you move on over to long pork...its mmm mmm good...:awetongue:

--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: Bawks] * 1
    #16187810 - 05/05/12 08:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bawks said:
Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

Bawks said:
Quote:

The Influence said:

I wasn't arguing it. I know we eat meat, but we aren't a meat eating species. If we were then grains, fruit and vegetables would be at the top of the food guide pyramid instead of dairy and meat.

I don't usually call people out like this, but you are very ignorant. You have much to learn young grasshopper.

First off, your response to his point doesn't even make sense. Second of all, vegetarians/vegans/etc. are not necessarily healthier, and if they happen to be, it's because of their avoidance of processed crap. A lot of vegetarians eat just as much processed garbage (tofurkey, all that junk) and then don't even get the nutrition provided by real food (aka meat). Third, espousing the government advised nutrition pyramid... are you kidding me? I didn't even think most conventional-wisdom minded people still gave that any credit anymore

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: Rare White Buffalo Killed and Skinned [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #16187841 - 05/05/12 08:56 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

boxcarguy07 said:
Third, espousing the government advised nutrition pyramid... are you kidding me? I didn't even think most conventional-wisdom minded people still gave that any credit anymore

Hey man! Pizza is a vegetable! Don't hate just cause you're unedumacated! :aweoverdose:

--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck