Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop?
    #1617737 - 06/08/03 03:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I get more bad trips than I should, basically becasue I almost always get this thought loop, where I think, wow this is starting to get a little too much, oh man i don't know if i can handle this, wow I just want this to slow down, oh shoot i'm only coming up, its going to be like this for so long, oh man its going to be MORE INTENSE! I just want to come down.

Its a horrible panicky feeling that goes away after the peak. Any advice on what to do during this hellish thought loop to make it go away? I know people say you learn a lot from bad trips, but I think thats in reference to the bad introspective trips. This is a nonsense bad trip.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1617740 - 06/08/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps you should read the Psychedelic Experience book. Just look up Psycedelic Experience on google.

OfflineMOLEY_GUNN
Well dressed andwell hung

Loc: On Top
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: Earth_Droid] * 1
    #1617930 - 06/08/03 08:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Start doing somthing, you have to take your mind off worrying or all ur goin to do is wind urself up more.Change your setting and get your mind workin on somthing else, somtimes worring makes it feel like the drugs hitting you harder than it actually is. Tell yourself youv just taken a drug and youll be straight in a few hours and youll be pist you didnt ejoy it.

--------------------
What are you looking at>

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1617951 - 06/08/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I've had a couple bad trips but learned to cope with them. Usually when something is running through my mind I'll be worried bout it but then I'll come to some sense that I'm TRIPPING. ANd if that doens't work then I just start laughing at the thoughts. Remember, you make the trip what you want it to be. Maybe you should take a nap before u trip so you're on a clear mind.

Hope I helped

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1618000 - 06/08/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeap i know exactly what you mean!

i find the peak of my mushroom experience to be incredibly intense, and in the wrong situations (eg. an overpacked club event the other night) this can become terribly uncomfortable. what makes it worse, i feel, is that when u get into a negative mindset it can be a downward spiral, where the visuals you get may become more negatively orientated and make you feel even worse.

in my recent situation, i was surrounded by people whos faces were morphing into all kinds of ugly messes and demonic forms! it was very annoying and made me extremely uncomfortable... i found a seat with a friend, managed to get my mind off this and suddenly i was having the most ecstatic and amazing trip! i began to notice my body feeling intensly physically good (rushes similar to ecstasy), and my mindset slowly took on a positive feel as well :smile:

basically, if you're not enjoying your trip, try to change things. change the setting, whether it be where you're at or the people you're around... find something to do perhaps to take your mind off the negative things. i find closing my eyes and taking several slow and deep breaths, clearing my thoughts (similar to meditation) works well.

cheers,
jimbu

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: jimbu]
    #1618214 - 06/08/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

changing youre setting is good go outdoors if you can. a huggin a tree once saved me from a nasty trip.

indoors lie down in a trip friendly place and play some music this will help you let go. once you can let your self go you might enjoy that intense im gonna loose it feeling at least i do

OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
    #1618509 - 06/08/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've found that if you're in a group, and things are just getting to heavy, go lie down on some comfortable grass and just look at the stars, you will see some very, very amazing sights.

Basically, going for a short walk, laying down, some things by yourself or maybe with one trustworthy friend have worked well for me during somewhat bad experiences.

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #1618526 - 06/08/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Repeat a mantra in your mind, it works wonders even for everyday use. Choose whatever one you want, examples of ones i use. Rama- means rejoice, Om mani padme hum- ancient Buddhist mantra; not sure of extact meaning, but its a beautiful phrase. Just repeat it slowly, however don't really leave much space between repeating it, just do a constant like rama..rama..rama; give it a try and tell me how it works. Good luck :smile:

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1618531 - 06/08/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

remind yourself that you've been waiting for this trip for a long time, and that now you're wasting valuable trip-time by freaking out and not enjoying yourself. Realize the fun :smile: realize the highly-complex games your subconscious is playing with your fragile ego :wink: and don't forget to laugh

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (06/08/03 03:11 PM)

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: Cougheeman]
    #1618543 - 06/08/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Om mani padme hum = The Jewel of the Lotus

InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
    #1619002 - 06/08/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

And if all else fails, have a copy of "Wondrous Stories" by Yes ready to play. It saved me from a bad acid trip once. Ever since, it's been just the ticket to get me back in a positive vibe. It's like the 5 minute antidote to bad trips, and it takes effect instantly.

--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: LucidDream]
    #1619016 - 06/08/03 07:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Where can I get Wondrous Stories????

If you ever hit a bad trip, think of something REALLY great to do, and go do it right away.

I always enjoy a nice walk in the forest, though not alone, with someone else, not too many people though, things will get out of hand, one or two more people with you is just perfect. Find a nice bench to sit on, and chill. This way if your trip doesn't get better, just puke somewhere in the forest and you don't have to clean it up, just don't do it on the path or anything, that's just disgusting...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1619023 - 06/08/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Where can I get Wondrous Stories????

At the Cd store. Its in an album called "Going for the One".

Edited by OctopusDr (06/08/03 07:12 PM)

OfflineDrBonG
JTO KREW

Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1619199 - 06/08/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i think meditation would be your best bet... just clear your mind from ALL thoughts..and meditation while tripping is an nice expericence

--------------------
Cemetery lady, my cemetery girl
Cemetery baby, I want you in my world
Cemetery woman, we can still be down
You're more than just a corpse to a psychopathic clown

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: DrBonG]
    #1619472 - 06/08/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Man I had an experience just like this Saturday. Freaked me out. I have done acid about 60 times, and this was my second shroom trip. I took about 1.5 grams the first time and it was just OK. I took 3.6 this time, and it blew me away. The grass looked like a million swaying trees, that were swaying to some crazy beat. It was cool! Then I saw all kinds of crazyness in the trees, and everywhere else. I even had a couple of brief moments were everything I saw changed to another place or something.

Then I puked. Went inside and sat down on the couch. I started to think it was too intense, getting a little scare for some reason. Next thing you know I end up in a fetal position on my bed. I just started singing to myself and after about 45 minutes I was better. This is the first bad trip experience I have ever had. I think I leaned some stuff from it, and this post has helped me a lot with my concerns, especially the post about thinking that a drug is to intense, and making it worse.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: shakta]
    #1619697 - 06/09/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

thanks guys, some very good advice. T minus one week until my second mushie trip, I'm stoked!

--------------------

Offlinerduke
Stranger

#1620086 - 06/09/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You allways seem to learn more from bad trips....not to mention extracting Some massive XP to your grit factor...

Getting your self ready to die...

One day at a time...

OneLove

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1620116 - 06/09/03 06:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

remind yourself that you've been waiting for this trip for a long time, and that now you're wasting valuable trip-time by freaking out and not enjoying yourself. Realize the fun :smile: realize the highly-complex games your subconscious is playing with your fragile ego :wink: and don't forget to laugh

Great advice! :smile: Usually when I trip alone I end up getting stuck in a thought loop, focusing on the bad aspects of myself, then I get past that and laugh at my absurd thoughts..... IMO most people get the "what have I done to myself" feeling at times, I usually get it when im coming up but it soon passes  :grin:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1620165 - 06/09/03 07:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"You allways seem to learn more from bad trips"

That's often very true. I had a VERY bad trip that followed a VERY good trip, and I'd say that I learned about as much from the bad trip as from the good one. That said, I'd of course much rather have a good trip (that goes without saying obviously).

--------------------
huh????

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: Advice on breaking out of a negative thought loop? [Re: Pala]
    #1620838 - 06/09/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The advice I usually give to my friends though if they're past the bad thought loop and feel like total shit is just to let it out, let it all out, then brush your teeth and you'll feel much better.

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale