Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMrSleep
P. Cubensis
Spore Printing
    #1618373 - 06/08/03 03:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Today I was outside around my house and noticed tons of mushrooms growing. I didn't know which kind they were and since I've never tried spore printing before I tried it with these since I figured I'd rather try it with a non-psilocybe shroom then with a psilocybe, ya know, just to practice. I found three caps and brought them inside, keeping them gills up the entire time I walked inside. When I came in I found 3 clean glass cups and took three pieces of paper from a note pad I had near me. I turned the caps over onto the paper (gills down of course) and put the glass cups over all of them and left for an hour. Came back and switched the papers, and put the original spore prints in plastic bags. I included a picture of all three prints and I scanned one of the smaller prints just for more detail. I was wondering what you suggest I do in the future to improve my very very basic method as to avoid contams when I'm dealing with real spore prints-well, psilocybe spore prints. And does anyone have a link to a good ILLUSTRATED spore print tek? I found some unillustrated teks on the main page but illustrated usually helps me out a lot. Thanks.
-Mr.Sleep

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Spore Printing [Re: MrSleep]
    #1618413 - 06/08/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It's usually easier to clone a fruitbody from the wild, IMO -- in a glovebox/flowhood, rub the whole outside of the fruitbody with 70% alcohol and then put on a sterile petrie, cut in half longitudinally with 2 scalples and section a little piece of meat from inside and place on the other part of the petrie (top, bottom) then put on agar. Or at least that's the way I do it.

As for spores from the wild, it's best to germinate a *visible* amount of spores (a good amount) on water agar (20g agar per 1 L water, sterilize @ 121 C 20 min) and then with a sterile tool transfer the perifery of the mycelium (the outer edge) to petrie dishes with a nutritious media.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation