Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose
    #1618125 - 06/08/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

my assumption would be that unfruited rhizomorphic mycellium would contain more psychoactives then tomatose, can anyone prove/disprove/test my theory?

(im not interested in personal experiences with consumption due to the variation of species, strains, individual organisms, and diverse human tolerences/sensitivities)

i dont have the conditions to test this, but when i do ill be sure to let you all know.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: amyloid]
    #1618137 - 06/08/03 10:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by paradis (06/08/03 10:49 AM)

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: ]
    #1618149 - 06/08/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

does rhizomorphic(thready, veiny type stuff) mycellium have more or less psilocybin then tomatose(white dense fluffiness) mycellium?

tomatose biomass:psilocybin = X
rhizomorphic biomass:psilocybin = Y

i am guessing that Y > X. do u have any information on this?

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: amyloid]
    #1618161 - 06/08/03 11:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: ]
    #1618166 - 06/08/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

do u seen any reason why it wouldnt differ? i mean if the way its growing is differnt, is it that far off that the amount of psilocybin being produced is differnt?

also, pinning occurs more readily on rhizomorphic then tomatose, thats another contrast that leads me to believe there may be more psilocybin in rhizo.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: amyloid]
    #1618201 - 06/08/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm afraid that noone can answer this question. You cannot make a serious test by personal experience and proper analysis would be too expensive.
You cannot assume that rhizo-growth has more psilocybin just because it pins more readily. Nobody knows what's the relation between growth and psilocybin production.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: zeronio]
    #1618216 - 06/08/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

wouldnt it be feasible to cultivate rhizomorphic, and tomatose from the same monokaryon. take the rhizo, dry/weigh it, extract alkaloids, then repeat for tomatose.. wouldnt comparing the resulting alkaloid mass reveal some type of general idea? i mean if it was repeated several times and the rhizo continuously had > resulting alkaloid mass then the tomatose that would be a serious test? obviously this wouldnt be perfect, or give a clear answer to my question, but conducting such an experiment is worth a try, and any more information on psilocybian mushrooms would be beneficial to cultivators IMO.

i do not assume rhizo has more psilocybin JUST because of pinning, there are many more reasons i have. if your interested pm me.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
    #1618246 - 06/08/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think a monokaryon can be rhizomorphic; I assume you mean the same dikaryon but different sectors?

You could if you really wanted, but mycelium doesn't have that much psilocybin in it, so you'd need a really pure sample and really, really sensitive tests.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1618255 - 06/08/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You would have to use mated mycellium not monokaryons, but yes that would be a serious test. I don't want to hold you back, if you want to know then do it!
Good luck and don't forget to tell us how it goes.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: zeronio]
    #1620002 - 06/09/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Rhizomorphic mycelia is able to convay a larger amount of moisture and nutrients to primordia, so there could be an argument that this in turn may mean not only fitter, healthier fruits, but possibly fruits with higher alkaloid ratios.
If you want to test the relative alkaloid content of tomentose vs rhizomorphic mycelia it would be an interesting read.

--------------------

Offlinelaguendo
Serotoninja

Loc: Here and there and up nor...
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1620117 - 06/09/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just curious... What would be the application of results from such an experiment? Suppose you do find out that rhizomorphic or tomatose mycelia contains more psiloc(yb)in... Then what? You would cultivate a strain which grows more of that particular type of mycelia and then eat just the mycelia without fruiting? It would seem that if you're amibitios enough for a project like that, you would have no trouble fruiting and then there's not really a reason to ingest mycelia in the first place.

Sure... I can see such info as nice trivia, but I would be very interested in knowing what practical value it would have. Please enlighten me, I probably missed something vital :smile: 

--------------------
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: laguendo]
    #1620149 - 06/09/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it seems to me psilocybian cultivation is at loss for alot of scientific information in comparison to say cannabis. i feel that the more information i have the better suited i am to make improvements.

basically im just incurably curious.

--------------------
-Al Einstein

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #1623407 - 06/10/03 09:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't know tomatoes had any psychoactive content, unless you count histamine.....

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: laguendo]
    #1625876 - 06/11/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Tomentose not tomatose

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Rhizomorphic psychoactive conent versus tomatose [Re: zeta]
    #1625952 - 06/11/03 08:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

cheriose -v- pretzeliod...

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck