Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEcho5Lima
[null]

How long do fresh mushrooms last?
    #16175562 - 05/03/12 06:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Like the title says... I have the opportunity to eat fresh shrooms instead of dried, which I would much prefer. I know regular mushrooms last a while in the fridge, is it the same for cubes?

--------------------
I'm not looking for spirituality; I don't believe in spirits.
I'm looking for a state of mind, because I DO believe in mind control.

Any and all pictures posted by this user were found on the internet. All posts made by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Loc: Gili Trawangan
Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Echo5Lima]
    #16175566 - 05/03/12 06:53 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Absolutely, a week or more.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #16175589 - 05/03/12 07:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I thought I was fucked when i had all these fresh mushrooms...but tossing them in a baggy and then in the fridge works wonders. I had 140 wet grams of penis envy that stayed perfect for 2 and 1/2 weeks, and could of stayed longer. How much longer i have no idea.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16175607 - 05/03/12 07:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've had fresh mushrooms stay good in my fridge for right around 3 weeks.  They do start to get a bit nasty after a month.

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

InvisibleEcho5Lima
[null]

Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: carnage11]
    #16175652 - 05/03/12 07:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure :thumbup:

I stir fried some portabellas the other day that were in the fridge for quite a while (prob. 2-3 weeks)... they were still good but getting close.

--------------------

Any and all pictures posted by this user were found on the internet. All posts made by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

OfflineSynapse Trap
Eating God's Holy Cannabis Plant
 User Gallery

Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16175819 - 05/03/12 09:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
I thought I was fucked when i had all these fresh mushrooms...but tossing them in a baggy and then in the fridge works wonders. I had 140 wet grams of penis envy that stayed perfect for 2 and 1/2 weeks, and could of stayed longer. How much longer i have no idea.

a baggy? as in plastic? I believe I have read that paper is preferred. In fact, I would poke a few holes in a paper bag and put it in the crisper drawer. When you buy grocery store mushrooms, there are holes all in the plastic container.

--------------------
Synapse Trap

:flyhigh:

InvisibleEcho5Lima
[null]

Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #16176053 - 05/03/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Synapse Trap said:
Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:

a baggy? as in plastic? I believe I have read that paper is preferred. In fact, I would poke a few holes in a paper bag and put it in the crisper drawer. When you buy grocery store mushrooms, there are holes all in the plastic container.

Makes sense. Moisture will evaporate and if it has nowhere to go (in a sealed bag), your mushies will get mushy.

I'm pretty stoked to eat my fresh amazons... they look great. I don't mind the taste of dried shrooms, but they do upset my stomach. Any experiences with fresh ones helping in that arena?

--------------------

OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
    #16176294 - 05/03/12 11:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It is about the same for naseua with freshies if not worse. More matter so it seems, although you are aware it is water. I'd suggest just blending them and shooting them. I've eaten around 100 grams wet before and it was bareable.

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #16176421 - 05/03/12 12:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Synapse Trap said:
Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:

Yeah it's best in a paper bag as the bag will absorb some of the water.  You just got to be careful as they will dry out a little and will weight less after a while.  For example, if you put 100 grams of fresh mushrooms in the fridge, after a couple of weeks it'll be closer to 80 grams.  Just try to remember what the initial weight was when dosing.  Don't want to think you're taking a nice calm 3.5 g and being surprised that it's actually 5 or 6 grams. :eek:

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

OfflineShroomacabra
Slow Motion Time Traveler

Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: carnage11]
    #16176830 - 05/03/12 02:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I do believe this is going to be a subject debated on forever, but in my personal experience with cubes, there is not much of a difference between wet and dry other than weight. I have tried eating them both ways and in all honesty, I prefer dry. You are not eating all that water weight.  If it comes down to eating 5g dry or 50g wet, I will go with the lighter dose because I find it does not upset my stompach and I do not feel all bloated from eating 50g of wet shrooms.  I have noticed that if I eat them dry though, I drink a lot more water during the trip than if I had eaten them wet.

It is just my favorite way of taking them is blending them up in some OJ. Blending 50g of shrooms adds a lot more volume to the drink than adding 5g of dry. In the end, it is all about personal preference and how you like to consume your shrooms.

InvisibleHoncho
 User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine
Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Shroomacabra]
    #16176928 - 05/03/12 02:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yea definitely do not put them in a baggie. They can start rot and shit. I do not understand why u rather eat them wet. I could imagine it is worse on ur stomach being that shrooms are 99% water. I eat them fresh out of my tank all the time when they first start to fruit. Just because its satisfying to reach in and bite the heads off the shrooms. But for long term storage and eating them later that sounds pretty gross.

I like to get them cracker dry. Weigh out the amount i plan on eating and just eat them like a pill. I put it in a ball and chew it real quick and wash it down like a pill with some gatorade. You would be suprised, shrooms hold there potency in all kinds of conditions for all sorts of times. I tend to toss ugly/small mushrooms all over my grow area. They dry out naturally in a few days. If someone is bugging for free shit, ill go pick up all the extras/undesired mushroom and let them eat the mushrooms. Ive feed buddies mushrooms that have been in a box with substrate and other nasty shit for everrrrrrrrr and they always seem to trip balls off them.

--------------------

InvisibleEcho5Lima
[null]

Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Honcho]
    #16180789 - 05/04/12 08:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Honcho said:
Yea definitely do not put them in a baggie. They can start rot and shit. I do not understand why u rather eat them wet. I could imagine it is worse on ur stomach being that shrooms are 99% water. I eat them fresh out of my tank all the time when they first start to fruit. Just because its satisfying to reach in and bite the heads off the shrooms. But for long term storage and eating them later that sounds pretty gross.

I like to get them cracker dry. Weigh out the amount i plan on eating and just eat them like a pill. I put it in a ball and chew it real quick and wash it down like a pill with some gatorade. You would be suprised, shrooms hold there potency in all kinds of conditions for all sorts of times. I tend to toss ugly/small mushrooms all over my grow area. They dry out naturally in a few days. If someone is bugging for free shit, ill go pick up all the extras/undesired mushroom and let them eat the mushrooms. Ive feed buddies mushrooms that have been in a box with substrate and other nasty shit for everrrrrrrrr and they always seem to trip balls off them.

They're closer to 90% water... and I don't see why the water weight would cause nausea. Ive set aside 42g of fresh cubes for sunday morning, and I've eaten way more than that in non active mushrooms. I imagine they have the same water weight.

--------------------

InvisibleHoncho
 User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine
    #16180947 - 05/04/12 09:59 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well good luck!!! Your going to be full! Maybe I just do not like to eat mine wet because they grow out of horse shit :cuteshit:

--------------------

InvisibleEcho5Lima
[null]

Re: How long do fresh mushrooms last? [Re: Honcho]
    #16180972 - 05/04/12 10:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Fair enough!

I've got a plan here. Sorry to cross post, but these are kind of separate topics.

Super stoked.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags