Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Thank God for GMO's
    #1617754 - 06/08/03 06:06 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Horizontal transfer is a wonderful thing

AS many of you know, its not enough to lace our food and front lawns with extemely toxic death chemicals known as pesdicides, fungicides, and herbicides.

When faced with forceing the brutal bitch of mother nature to submit to our every whim we must also fuck with DNA its self to get a yeild increase on our food stocks (otherwise there might not be enough sugar frosted flakes for everyone)
(although cuba has proven organic agraculture can be highly efficent on a large scale, but that's prob some communist plot to steal our freedom, and prescious bodily fluids)

THE FULL STORY
Genetic engineering involves designing artificial constructs to cross species barriers and to invade genomes. In other words, it enhances horizontal gene transfer ? the direct transfer of genetic material to unrelated species. The artificial constructs or transgenic DNA typically contain genetic material from bacteria, viruses and other genetic parasites that cause diseases as well as antibiotic resistance genes that make infectious diseases untreatable. Horizontal transfer of transgenic DNA has the potential, among other things, to create new viruses and bacteria that cause diseases and spread drug and antibiotic resistance genes among pathogens. There is an urgent need to establish effective regulatory oversight to prevent the escape and release of these dangerous constructs into the environment, and to consider whether some of the most dangerous experiments should be allowed to continue at all.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Edited by RadioActiveSlug (06/08/03 06:16 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1617762 - 06/08/03 06:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

more

Companies using genetically engineered ingredients:

Kellogg Company uses grain from a number of suppliers, so our supply would likely include biotechnology-produced grain?
Kellogg, consumer letter, April 2000

In countries where public opinion rejects ingredients derived from genetically modified crops, even though food legislation permits their use, Nestle respects the consumers' preference and will provide its customers, in as far as technically possible, with products that do not contain these ingredients. Nestle will continue to use ingredients derived from genetically modified crops where we have complete confidence in their safety and where they are generally accepted by consumers.
Nestle, consumer letter, March 2000

Now that there is a renewed interest in biotechnology by regulatory agencies and some consumer concern exists, we did not feel it appropriate to ask our growers to include bt [GE] crops in what they sell to us?.Since we are also a large buyer of agricultural commodities, just like any other food companies, we could have biotechnology ingredients in our products.
Frito-Lay, consumer letter, March 2000

(I)t is probable that genetically modified soybean, corn, or other crops are used to produce the ingredients in some of our products.
Keebler Company, consumer letter, August 2000

It is possible that our products may contain genetically modified food materials.
M & M Mars, consumer letter, August 2000

In all likelihood some of our products do contain biotech ingredients from [genetically modified] crops.
Kraft Foods, consumer letter, October 1999

There is a high probability that some of Quaker's products contain foods developed through biotechnology.
Quaker Oats Company, consumer letter, March 2000

(I)t's certainly possible that some of our products may contai ingredients that have been improved through biotechnology.
General Mills, consumer letter, August 2000

ALl these companies sell crap products anyway, so boycotting them is really not too difficult.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1617783 - 06/08/03 06:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I still find it incredible how this shit has been introduced to the food chain with absolutely zero knowledge about what long-term effect it will have on human health. I guess the corporations are now so powerful they simply couldn't give a fuck.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: Xlea321]
    #1619730 - 06/09/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

wether they care or not, they can use trade courts to get their way, did you know the EU is going to be challenged about its NON-GMO laws?

Its funny that when people in europe demand and their government listens, thats a crime.

By the way people 4 out of 5 of the "intolerable acts" that caused the american revolution, have been repeated under the name "free trade"
(which isnt really free but many times forced!!)

--------------------

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1620163 - 06/09/03 09:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

GMO products do not have to label their food so, and now are pushing to make it ILLEGAL for non GMO companies to label their products "NON-GMO" how fucked up is that?

Its not too far off from the fact that its illegal for Non-BGH milk companies to label thier milk as so.

But there was some recent good news:

In session
May 2003

Freedom for information!
Keeping organic labels real
Legislative alerts from Network, a Catholic lobby
Keeping organic labels real
A hastily conceived congressional provision that would have significantly diminished long-sought standards for organic labeling for the U.S. food industry has been withdrawn after a deluge of consumer complaints on Washington legislators. "President Bush's repeal . . . of Section 771 is a triumph for the organic community and verifies the strength of the consumer mandate to protect the organic standards," said Katherine DiMatteo, executive director of the Massachusetts-based Organic Trade Association.

The bill signed on April 16 by President Bush includes an amendment repealing a rider to the Omnibus Appropriations Bill that, in effect, allowed organic livestock producers to feed their animals less than 100 percent organic feed and still market the resulting meat, dairy, and poultry products as organic.

"The organic community united immediately in a nationwide grassroots effort to defend the integrity of the organic standards. Every elected official was contacted. Every medium was tapped," said DiMatteo. "It's time legislators realize that the organic community will not allow the organic standards to be undermined."
MORE

--------------------
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: Xlea321]
    #1620504 - 06/09/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"I still find it incredible how this shit has been introduced to the food chain with absolutely zero knowledge about what long-term effect it will have on human health."

The thing is, for a lot of them, there really isn't any reason to believe that there will be issues with long term health. There's a lot of bullshit being spewn from BOTH sides of this issue.

There are outright lies being told about how bad GM foods are for you.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: Phluck]
    #1622853 - 06/10/03 03:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

GM foods are providing food to millions who would be starving right now. For shame.

--------------------
- uno

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
    #21460810 - 03/26/15 04:01 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Well, it has been practiced before, but I think that God wasn't very please about.

Book of Jasher 4:18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

19 And the Lord said, I will blot out man that I created from the face of the earth, yea from man to the birds of the air, together with cattle and beasts that are in the field for I repent that I made them.

InvisibleEnlilM
Attorney at Lol
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: Douglas Howard] * 1
    #21460899 - 03/26/15 04:31 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Why would you bump a dozen year old thread for that crap?

--------------------
Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Ellis Dee said, "And those kids in CT deserved to die and I'm glad they're dead. I am glad that the survivors will have to "live with it" too. hahaha"

akira_akuma said, "fuck the freedom to speech, it's all crap"

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: Enlil]
    #21461370 - 03/26/15 06:15 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

On his 2nd post no less

--------------------
FEEL the Bern in 2016

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
Re: Thank God for GMO's [Re: Enlil]
    #21461564 - 03/26/15 06:56 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Sorry, new to this site; but I doesn't think that this isn't crap, but interesting; by genetically altering certain species might bring upon clots all through the body, especially the brain; and the brain controls our body development, because when you smoke Cannabis, it suddenly causes the eye lids to tightened up suddenly; and back then, they were doing that (genetically modifying), because they wouldn't had mentioned it in an old text about it if they did not know about it; but then we had Neanderthals and which some believes that they were people in mid transitioning stage from being apes to men; but is that true, or is it due to genetic modifying? All of a sudden, their has been an increase in violence and all sort of deformities.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion