Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
How addictive are shrooms?
    #1617482 - 06/07/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hi...I'm a newbie to the shroom scene.  My biggest question that I haven't been able to find an answer to, is are they addictive?  Obviously all drugs should be used with caution and moderation.  Are they addictive emotionally or physically?  Thanks and forgive my extreme ignorance...  :smile:

-Shade 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: MOTH]
    #1617501 - 06/07/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I suppose you have never tried them.

No they arent addictive at all. Once you try them you will be assured of this.

It is said that one can become dependent on tripping. I dont really understand this though.

Anonymous

#1617503 - 06/07/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

def not physically tho you could become mentally dependant...but the fact that you need too double dose the next day and so on and so forth kinda make it a self moderating drug

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #1617504 - 06/07/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the forum!

Shrooms can be anything from fun to awe-inspiring to a religious sacrement.  But addictive?  I'd say not.  Sure, if you have an incredible experience you might want to try it again, but you'd certainly suffer no ill effects from not indulging.

A word of caution though- shrooms are a POWERFUL psychadelic, and should only be used with the utmost respect and caution.  They are definately not a "get high while the 'rents are out" kind of drug, and bad trips can alter your perception of the world irreversably.  Then again, so can good trips.  :grin:

That's just my two cents.. as you may find, this board is full of as much opinion as information.  I hope you will have a happy and safe relationship with the sacred mushroom.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Anonymous

Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #1617507 - 06/08/03 12:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dunno if its just me but bad trips on shrooms just seems impossible...I have had bad on acid but never shrooms

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
    #1617509 - 06/08/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, if you use them once you'll be hooked for life. If you try to quit you'll go into withdrawls and shit out your liver while you're brain's ooz out your nose. :wink:

Mushrooms are not physically addictive, and while you can fall in love with them, and mabey get cravings to trip if you like them, that's as addicted as you will get. you will not become a slave to the mushroom.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: thestringphish]
    #1617551 - 06/08/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey thanks!  Those are the types of responses I was looking for.  :smile:  No, I've never tried them, but I'm thinking about growing my first batch and I want to be as informed as possible.  Thanks for the replies.  *smiles*

truly,

Shade

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1617556 - 06/08/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It is said that one can become dependent on tripping. I dont really understand this though.

I believe this means that a person can have tremendous insights while tripping, but aren't able to acheive that viewpoint while sober.

It's like you can have a "life changing experince" that makes you rethink things, but unless you put action behind it, nothing really changes. Picture someone who almost dies and claims that it changed their perspective on life, but a week later they're back doing the same old stuff they were before. The Simpsons episode where Homer eats bad sushi and almost dies comes to mind. Next week he's back eating Pork Rinds and watching bowling.

Oh, and yes, to answer the question again, shrooms aren't very addictive. Enjoy and respect them and it's possible to go very far!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: ]
    #1617700 - 06/08/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you're not looking for a bad trip are you?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (06/08/03 02:32 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1617729 - 06/08/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Am I looking for a bad trip? No way...I've read all the instructions on how to attain a good trip and I am looking foward to it!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1617856 - 06/08/03 07:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The mushroom is smart enough to regulate our intake. If you take them regularly (even once a week) the effects will eventually greatly diminish. Leave it 2-4 weeks and each trip is incredible again. Trust the mushroom to show you the way  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1617878 - 06/08/03 07:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well judging by the fact that you have the sense to ask and be educated tells me you are not the type to go taking stupid risks and harming yourself. But as people have already said there are risks so RESPECT them and be SMART(informed).
So you are starting from the beginning if you need a hand with any thing just PM me or any one else.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1617936 - 06/08/03 08:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They're not addictive but they're fun as hell.

You can be a shroom fiend and wear it out. But keep it special, it's worthwhile if you do. Like OctopusDr said, you'll see how addictive it is.

IT AINT no coke and it aint no ecstasy.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Edited by Cracka_X (06/08/03 08:39 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1618405 - 06/08/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just posted somewhere here a letter form Dr. Andrew Weil on the abuse of shrooms which is not possible.

mj Look inthe seach enjine for the page from a few weeks or so ago.

mj

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1618505 - 06/08/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms are no more addictive then your favorite video game. You don't NEED to play, but you sure love passing the time doing so.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1618555 - 06/08/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

heheh no I was talking to "stupaod"

oh you're new here! heh lemmie explain the "re:" - if you look at the top of my post here, next to the subject you'll see "Re: EllemyshShade" - that means I'm replying to you in my post - on that last one I was addressing stupaod, who had said "I dunno if its just me but bad trips on shrooms just seems impossible."

I've always thought that saying and thinking like that can lead to such an experience :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepsilyhunter
Big Nerd
Loc: Wherever I am
    #1623666 - 06/10/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I might even go so far as to say that they are anti-addictive. Plenty of people who do them once and are unprepared for the experience and plenty of people who overindulge one too many times run screaming from the thought of doing them again.

I eat shrooms only during their natural growing season, but then regularly. I will admit to a certain amount of trepidation every time I partake. Many people do not want their universe challenged. Some people experience the onset of chemical anxiety within the first hour of the trip, which is where most of the yawning, watery-eyed, runny-nose wobbly-knee itchy-scratchy histimine response sets in. Don't let false anxiety snowball into a bad trip... keep remembering that it is chemical, and that within an hour or so that part will go away and euphoria will set in.

--------------------
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chart your own course... but only from here to there.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1624332 - 06/10/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

shrooms confused me, and had me thinking i had to do them often. thats a kind of addiction. My friend did shrooms every day. No doubt that's addiction.

I realised my problem, and he realised his. I just interpreted the shrooms wrong, and wasnt objective about things, even tho i thought i was objective. But i guess it isnt possible to be objective, and that was my problem, that i thought i could be.

just keep your mind clear and objective, and dont lie to yourself.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: How addictive are shrooms? [Re: entiformatie]
    #1624764 - 06/10/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If you think you are getting addicted try laying off them for a week or two then take 5 dried grams. I can assure you you will no longer be addicted.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies