Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwiliteBlaz
Stranger
Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents
    #1616929 - 06/07/03 06:13 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

hey, i'm just starting to explore tripping, the only thing i've done so far is morning glories because they were the only substance i could come by easily. the resulting experainces have been both intriguing but unsatisfying.
i've been doing tons of research on psychedeliacs like shrooms and acid, searching the web and reading books, so ive got a idea of what i'm getting into. it looks like pretty soon i'll be able to track down some shrooms or lsd.
the only problem now is my parents. they caught me tripping on morning glories once and were'nt too happy. however, they are intelligent open minded people, they think the drug war is wrong and wasteful, and i think that if present a reasonable argument and agree to trip only under safe circumstances that i might convince them to let me trip. otherwise i'm either going have to trip on the sly or wait a couple years till i'm out of the house. does any body have advice concerning how i canpresuade my parents to let me take pschedalics? thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: TwiliteBlaz]
    #1616952 - 06/07/03 06:28 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

By use of The Shroomery Website or BBS, you are verifying that you are 18 years of age or older. This site is not intended for minors, so if you are under the age of 18, please come back when you can meet this requirement.

Peace,

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #1617088 - 06/07/03 08:11 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

60% of all the people who visit here are under the age of 18

peace

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1617092 - 06/07/03 08:13 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Stop hanging out with your parents.

Offlineapuffball
The omniscientfool

Loc: wherever i go
Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1617142 - 06/07/03 09:13 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Sneak some in their soup and let them learn the joys of a new magical reality.  If they are religious just tell them that it might have been God's intention to put them there.  :wink:

--------------------
Are things meant to happen, or are we meant to make things happen?

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: apuffball]
    #1617216 - 06/07/03 10:19 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I can't beleive no one has taken this guy seriously. Even if he is under 18, you have to hypothetically think "if he were to be over 18 and living with his parents...", so just give him the benefeit of the doubt.

Personally, I wouldn't really tell my parents about mushrooms and what not, its just asking for trouble. Also if they know you're doing it, this may sound weird, but it won't make it as fun for you while you're doing it, because you'll know they're at home feeling very frustrated with you and it may kind of ruin your relationship. Well at least that's what I read from someone else's post who said their parents knew. It put them off. My advice is either wait until you move out, or don't tell them. Listen to some other people first though. Maybe they'd better know how to come about telling them.

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #1617303 - 06/07/03 11:18 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

yeah dont tell your parents you take drugs. do you not have any friends or what? it sounds to me like you just kinda sit around your house all day. do you still go to school?

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Anonymous

Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: A0999]
    #1617520 - 06/08/03 02:05 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

my parents know and I like it that way...I trip with my mom in the room and let her know whats going on...shes not thrilled but will laugh away with me once in a while...

OfflineHuxley
Loc: Las Vegas
    #1617569 - 06/08/03 02:36 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Trip when they are out of the house. Wait till they go on vacation or something.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: Huxley]
    #1617699 - 06/08/03 04:30 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

yeah - that was a good way to learn moderation as well :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: Strumpling]
    #1617767 - 06/08/03 06:19 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Well, I told them that I was interested in psychedelics, cause I left a sheet on peyotes in the printer... :rolleyes:
anyways, they dont understand I think. My father has no experiences other than alcohol, and my mother has toked once. For my father every drug is a drug, although his doctor told him that smoking up once or twice a month isnt bad, which has borught him of that a bit. Ive never told them that Ive tried shrooms, cause I think they wouldnt understand. My father would just say, that weed doesnt satisfy me anymore, and so it would only be a matter of time till I try opiates.
I wouldnt be able to get him of that thought, so I dont even try.
Trip when there not there, for me its just mandatory for comfortable tripping, to know that they cannot be around somewhere. I sometimes I am even scared to just meet them in town , cause of the slight chance of 0.1% that they actually leave home!!

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1617853 - 06/08/03 09:04 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Go camping.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1618277 - 06/08/03 01:58 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

How did they catch you? This would help us come up with how to approach the situation better.

My parents know I do stuff and it doesn't ruin the experience, my mom actully thinks that I think of her before doing a drug and feel bad but I seriously dont. I guess its cuz I dont feel its wrong. Like after a drug talk I can go out and do w/e and I dont think about it for a second...live w/ your parents doesn't mean you're not 18.

I think the best way to get your parents to understand is to show them you're informed and get them informed. If it doesn't fly then just wait till you move out, if it does them make sure you dont fuck up in anything. Grades stay up, social life (if you have one) good, no other drugs, no legal problems, parental/family relationship high and you can figure out the rest....

Good luck, be smart!

Edited by DailyPot (06/08/03 02:02 PM)

OfflineAVShroomer
LSD enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: DailyPot]
    #1618421 - 06/08/03 03:41 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I trip when my rents go to bed i stay up all night and just chill thats what I do and it works for me.

--------------------

'It's not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom'
>**My Trip Journal**<

OfflineTwiliteBlaz
Stranger
Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: AVShroomer]
    #1618951 - 06/08/03 08:19 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

how i got caught is this: i was tripping at home, and my head was swarming with all these cool new ideas and i had too tell some one and for some reason instead of calling up my friend i started talking to my mom. which turned out to be very stupid of me because she notice my eyes, imediately came to the conclusion i was on something and i wasn't able to convince her otherwise. i'd tripped a number of times before at home without getting caught and could probably get away it it again, its i don't want to deal with the paranoia. but if if it doesn't look like i can convince them i could probably just trip when i'm out with friends or late at night at home when every else is asleep.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1619393 - 06/09/03 12:06 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Well, for the most part we all have to accept the fact that our parents lived and grew up in a different time where our society treated certain facets of life and certain behaviors differently. Personally, my parent grew up in a fairly conservative enviroment, very moral driven and heavily influenced on religion and ethics. I know it's hard to sit down with your parents every once in while to discuss what's going on in our lives, but I think it's something everyone should at least attempt to do. If you treat your parents with responsible adult behavior you will, at the very least, be treated with the same respect. But, alas this world isn't perfect and we can only hope to have "cool" and "hip" parents that understand that although some of the things we do maybe scorned upon by society, balancing responsible behavior with these things can still lead to a normal, healthy lifestyle.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Anonymous

Re: Advice wanted on dealing w/ parents [Re: soochi]
    #1620045 - 06/09/03 06:25 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I lucked out...my mom is VERY cool...I'm actually really surprised shes ok with me doing drugs...shes never touched a drug, smoked a cigarette or been drunk before....and was brought up very similar too what you described soochi...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience