Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | Next > | Last >
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Dilsnique] * 1
    #27238499 - 03/05/21 10:16 AM (3 years, 24 days ago)

No, just "something evil".
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069298/

I remember there was agarage and some jars filled with some kind of goo supposed to be a humunculus (good  band name, lol) or something and it was screaming and pulsing in the jar,some other weird shit. I might watch it again now that I thought of it.

Check this out:
https://travsd.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/cinematic-satanism-in-the-60s-and-early-70s/

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherworld
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #27238507 - 03/05/21 10:24 AM (3 years, 24 days ago)

Wow, never heard of this one.  I am adding it to my list of movies to watch.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #27238516 - 03/05/21 10:29 AM (3 years, 24 days ago)

Here's the trailer, it was a spielburg film too!

--------------------

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #27242950 - 03/08/21 09:17 AM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Coming 2 America(2021)- 5.5/10

:sad: How could they? It had a few moments but still.... it fell a bit flat and ov course did'nt hold a candle to the original. How could they let down such a funny movie? Well, that's that I guess. I'll at least say that I did get a few good laughs and it was cool to return to some barber shop scenes!

--------------------

OfflineEgzo
Stranger
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: lavod] * 1
    #27243116 - 03/08/21 11:30 AM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Rite  9/10

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Egzo] * 2
    #27244422 - 03/09/21 05:33 AM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Minghags(2009)- 7.0/10

I did'nt find it super funny but appreciate a low budget effort where the people involved are obviously having a ton ov fucked up fun; thus why I rated it better than Coming 2 America. Plus, I really liked the CKY stuff during my teen years and have lived in SE PA all my life. I'm no stranger to its West Chester filming location and even used to have friends who would frequently run into Bam and the crew in the bars there, so I do have that bit ov close to home bias. The movie also has a great soundtrack. Not that funny but cool- 7.

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: lavod] * 1
    #27244756 - 03/09/21 10:10 AM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Pink Force Commando (1982)
7/10

This is a pretty wild action romp.  I was surprised to see in the beginning credits that Joseph Lai/Godfrey Ho had a hand in this, so I knew it was gonna be fast-paced with a lot of plot holes.  I usually don't notice or mind his plot holes because so much is happening and it comes at you fast.  The protagonists in this is a team of badass women that are each extremely unique from the others.  There are a lot of unexpected twists and betrayals.  It was a hoot.  This should have been a Tarantino remake for sure.

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: lar20] * 2
    #27246640 - 03/10/21 12:15 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

The Stranger and The Gunfighter (1975)
6/10

Kung Fu meets The Wild West.  Lee Van Cleef was on point, as always but this had some of the worst martial arts choreography I've seen coming from the Shaw Brothers.  This is also the 2nd western I have viewed that has had some straight up funk music in the background.  I really liked the villian called Deacon, dressed all up in black and always quoting the Bible.  I overall enjoyed it but could have been better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranger_and_the_Gunfighter

Seventh Son (2014)
7/10

Decent fantasy/action flick with some great acting from Jeff Bridges.  The CGI effects were pretty good too even though II'm not a big fan of CGI.  I think what held my interest most in this was the love story aspect between the men and the witches.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_Son_(film)

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #27252892 - 03/14/21 06:51 PM (3 years, 15 days ago)

I Care A Lot (2020)

5.5/10

Man, this movie was a huge mess. At first I thought it was a mini-series like Ozark which would have made more sense and built up the characters and plot over time until I was an hour in and realized I was watching a movie. The protagonist is completely unlikeable to the point where I wasn't sure if I was meant to like her or not in the first place - I didn't know who to root for because all the characters sucked. The actress Rosamund Pike was playing a role similar to her role in Gone Girl and Peter Dinklage as the antagonist seemed very cliché.

At least the end was satisfying.

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: EternalCowabunga] * 2
    #27253766 - 03/15/21 10:19 AM (3 years, 14 days ago)

Hard Rock Zombies (1985)
7/10

I hadn't seen this movie in a while but I had it back in the day on VHS, one of those random buys at the video store checkout where the cover of the $3.99 video tape has that cover art you just can't resist.  This movie has it all: Troma-style gore, cheesy oppressing townfolk, Hitler and werewolf Ava, a man that carries a camera around to photograph gruesome murders, flashdance zombie girl just because, death by weedeater, midget Nazi-zombie, a creature-boy that ends up eating himself and borderline awful/awesome 80s rock in which some of the songs sound like they are being vocalized by Sammy Hagar.  This is one of those movies that I really enjoy but usually disturbs others whom I get to watch with me and causes them to doubt my sanity and morality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Rock_Zombies

Basket Case (1982)
7/10

Another cult classic that I haven't seen in a long time.  Pure low-budget entertainment.  As I was watching it this time, my main squeeze was in the other room watching something else but she was often busting out with laughter sneaking peeks at this old school gem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket_Case_(film)

Smithereens (1982)
8/10

This was my first time viewing this.  Low-budget and fast-paced movie that centers around Wren, a punk wannabe who flies by the seat of her pants and who's decisions all seem to be bad ones, yet has heart but also a manipulator and just an overall mess of a chick that reminds me of some I used to know.  It is a well made movie and is a bit of a sleeper but Wren is a fascinating character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithereens_(film)

InvisibleSoma241
Chātra
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: lar20] * 1
    #27254472 - 03/15/21 06:09 PM (3 years, 14 days ago)

Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa: 7/10

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

#27258538 - 03/18/21 08:37 AM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Willy's Wonderland (2021)
7/10

This movie definitely fits into the "so bad it's good" category, with a B-movie plot that includes animatronic characters possessed by serial killer souls via satanic ritual.  Nic seemingly has superpowers from consuming his energy drinks, although this concept is not revealed but it's the conclusion that I come up with.  It could've been scarier but I really enjoyed the fact that CGI wasn't used to create the evil characters.  The best part is that Nic doesn't utter a word through the whole movie, just the "ahs" after drinking his drinks and the yelling when he is kicking fuzzy robot ass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy%27s_Wonderland

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #27272237 - 03/27/21 06:37 PM (3 years, 2 days ago)

Savages 6 out of 10
This is Oliver Stone's movie about big time marijuana growers getting shaken down by a cartel with a lot of extreme measures taken by both sides. It stars two guys I don't know who are superclose friends and Blake Lively as the women they share. The costars are an all-stat list of John Travolta, Benicio Del Toro and Selma Hayek, but everyone in the movie is kind of a cliche.

It is watchable and would be a particular interest and cautionary tale for those in the game.

I found it unrealistic that the cartel targeted these guys due to their superiority in creating genetics because that is old hat these days.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Brian Jones] * 3
    #27274183 - 03/29/21 09:30 AM (3 years, 15 hours ago)

Tammy and the T-Rex (1994)
8/10

So anyways, for my birthday my main squeeze got me a hotel room in the big city Saturday night.  Pulling up to it, it appeared super fancy yet there were brightly colored vehicles parked there with people hanging out in the parking lot and those brightly covered vehicles blasting out "music" from their booming systems.  We walk inside to check in and it is super fancy, with chandeliers and glass staircases and elaborate art, decor and lighting.  We get checked in and go to the room the leave our stuff and come back down to check things out.  Downstairs, there are more people in the lobby, and many of the females are scantily clad yet most of the are funky mamas.  My partner says she's getting a hooker-y vibe about this place.  We walk past the bar and I go up the bar tender and ask him when the bar closed that night and he says 2 a.m. because of the big party that is going down that night and he points to the huge and elaborate swimming pool area across from the bar.  After exploring for a bit, we go back up to the room for a bit and then decide to go out to eat Greek food.  The food was bomb-diggity and we hang out for a bit there and have some drinks. We talk about maybe checking out the pool party and getting drinks from the bar when we get back to the hotel but then talk ourselves out of going to the bar cuz the drinks will probably be way too expensive and instead decide to go to the liquor store and grab some booze to bring back to the room.  We return back to the hotel and there are more brightly colored and brightly lit up vehicles and more people hanging out in the parking lot including blunt smokers and ladies twerking, most of which were too rotund to pursue such a hobby.  The music from the pool party is loud and going and mixing with all the various forms of music coming out of the brightly colored vehicles kinda creating a sort of sonic hell.  We enter the hotel lobby and there is all types of security and police standing around as well as some wild and twerking party people.  There was all kinds of decadence and heathenry going on around the pool area and we notice some security people up against one of the elevators and yelling to communicate to some people trapped inside.  There was all types of squaking and loud bickery coming from within the elevator and it turns out it was a few of the party hootchies jumping up and down in the elevator and got it stuck.  We got in another elevator and went up to our floor.  When we got out, our floor reeked of weed smoke and the music from the pool party and you could hear the squaking and bickery coming up through the elevator shaft.  We were cracking up and enjoying our tipsy experience.  We go into the room and turn on the TV and it was on The Movie Channel and the beginning credits were just ending for a movie that was just starting.  It had a very young Denise Richards and Paul Walker at high school.  Soon there was a fight between Paul Walker and Denise Richards boyfriend.  Then, a little later in the movie, the boyfriend and his buddies take Paul Walker to some wild game park to beat him up.  They beat him up and leave him in the animal park and he gets killed by a lion.  A mad scientist played by Bernie from Weekend At Bernie's takes Paul Walker's body back to his lab and puts Paul Walker's brain into a T-Rex.  Bernie has a lab assistant played by Isaac from Children of the Corn.  The t-rex escapes to find Denise Richards and to kill her boyfriend and his buddies that left him to die.  I didn't even know that this movie existed but it is a hilariously awesome laugh riot.  The gore is very Troma-esque in that it is way over-the-top and supremely fake.  I cannot recommend this movie enough for a tipsy, laugh-riot experience.  Best birthday present ever.  Here are some shots from the film:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_and_the_T-Rex

Edited by Dilsnique (03/30/21 09:54 AM)

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Dilsnique] * 2
    #27276890 - 03/31/21 08:35 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Permanent Vacation (1980)
4/10

This was my first time viewing this.  I had a difficult time trying to make it through this film even though it had a few moments of interesting dialog.  I am a fan of the Jim Jarmusch films that I had seen before and I didn't know going into watching this that it was his first film.  I appreciate it for what it is, but I don't see myself watching this again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Vacation_(1980_film)

Invisiblepur3bind
Not all who wander are frost-y
Male User Gallery

Loc: Plan, Plant, Planet
    #27278634 - 04/22/21 09:17 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

:emotionalmoment:

--------------------
"There are times— and this would be a great study for somebody to do—there have been periods in English when there were emotions that don't exist anymore, because the words have been lost. There are colors that don't exist anymore because the words have been lost." — Terence McKenna (The Archaic Revival: 1991)

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: pur3bind] * 2
    #27279582 - 04/23/21 05:35 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A 'Comin  10/10

Also going through the complete series of Dexter.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: DividedQuantum] * 2
    #27283730 - 04/27/21 10:31 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

My Name Is Nobody (1973)
6/10

A decent enough western film with a few stand-out moments.  Terence Hill seemed to be playing his character Trinity in this, with his fast moving hands.  The Trinity movies are much more entertaining.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Name_Is_Nobody

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

#27291645 - 05/03/21 08:40 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Baxter (1989)
8/10

I don't think that there has been a time that I wasn't impressed by a French film.  This is no exception.  The main character is a dog named Baxter who narrates the film and we hear his inner most thoughts.  I don't find him to be intentionally evil, but his instincts push him on to get what he wants at any cost, like many humans I have known.  It is a somewhat harsh film to watch and the ending is a brutal surprise.  All the characters in the film are connected together in some way, which I liked because that is how life really is.  It is definitely a unique film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baxter_(film)

Cloud Atlas (2012)
9/10

This movie has been on my mind since I watched it for the first time a couple of nights ago.  It is a portrayal of how everything and everyone is connected.  There is a lot to try to wrap your head around.  Very Little is explained so it's left to the viewer to interpret what is going on, therefore, this is not a movie for those people that ask you while your trying to watch, "Why did he do that?" or "What's going to happen?"  You will either praise or detest this film as the critics have since it's release.  If this movie entertains or intrigues you, it is safe to say your mind will dwell on it for quite some time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Atlas_(film)

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

#27292053 - 05/03/21 01:29 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Cool As Ice (1991)
3/10

It's as bad as you think it is.  It is full of cringe-worthy comedy and Van Winkle close ups.  There is even a love rap included (much like his song "I Love You" from his To The Extreme album) showing him still trying to ca$h in on the LL Cool J "I Need Love" phenomenom .  It may have been the booze and schmoke while watching this, but the rap number at the end wasn't all that bad:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_as_Ice

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom