Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | Next > | Last >
Offlineclock_of_omens
razzle them dazzle them
I'm a teapot

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: clock_of_omens] * 1
    #26825480 - 07/15/20 03:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

clock_of_omens said:
Definitely his best since Tree of Life.

By far.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: clock_of_omens]
    #26825485 - 07/15/20 03:38 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

For sure.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: DividedQuantum] * 1
    #26825996 - 07/15/20 09:00 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I knew zero of Tree of Life -- never had even heard of it until one day years ago I was flipping channels and came across it on HBO (or some movie channel). Just immediately it drew me in with the its surrealistic and dream like vibe. When I was watching it, it felt more like an experience than a movie. That day I only caught the 2nd half of the film and later watched the whole thing tripping and it was just epic.

The cinematography was spectacular, as was the soundtrack and acting. It was just a really unique experience that I found to be pretty rare in film. Of that level anyway.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Edited by Nifflerz (07/15/20 09:00 PM)

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherworld
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #26826627 - 07/16/20 09:46 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Houseguest (1995)
6/10

I re-watched this movie yesterday after non seeing it over 20 years ago.  Twas much more funny in the 90s.  It doesn't hold up too well but what makes this film unique is that most of the comedy comes from the editing and reaction shots.  I have always been a huge fan of Phil Hartman but his performance in this can be painful at times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houseguest

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Dilsnique] * 1
    #26826973 - 07/16/20 01:10 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Coneheads (1993)
6/10

This was my first time viewing this, for whatever reason.  Even though is was great seeing all the cast members from my favorite era of SNL, this movie kinda falls flat.  One aspect I found entertaining was how creepy Dan Akroyd's facial expressions were as Beldar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coneheads_(film)

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

#26828567 - 07/17/20 09:44 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Xtro (1982)
6/10

Holy cow, what a weird one!  You cannot unsee some of the gross out images.  This wild ride includes a woman giving birth to a full grown man, a dwarf clown, a man-sized army action figure, a mummified french girl that spawns water balloon eggs and vampiric body fluid removal.  Not for the squeemish but is a unique obscurity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xtro

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Dilsnique]
    #26828597 - 07/17/20 09:59 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I saw xtro when I was 18 at a theater and several people walked out, lol! I loved it. Long before CGI, inventive, weird, and fantastic IMHE. I'd rate it an 8/10. I need to watch it on LSD or mushrooms now. I was a HUGE Fangoris fan. I kick myself to this day for not buying all issues. I have some in the 20's and 40's I think. That mag showed incredible pics from those movies. Number 8 was on itallian zombi films.

Also check out The Beast Within.

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26828648 - 07/17/20 10:30 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:

Will do

Quote:

itallian zombi films.

I love those!

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26828703 - 07/17/20 10:56 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I saw xtro when I was 18 at a theater and several people walked out, lol! I loved it. Long before CGI, inventive, weird, and fantastic IMHE. I'd

Just looked it up! The Beast Within sounds right up my alley :tweakin::thumbup:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: The Blind Ass] * 1
    #26831553 - 07/18/20 09:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

A Quiet Place. 7/10. Pretty fun. Well done as well.

10 Cloverfield Lane. 9/10. Revisited this today for the first time since it released in 16', and I liked it even more the 2nd time.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #26831572 - 07/18/20 10:11 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The Ascent Of Man  ,

Is a 13-part British documentary television series produced by the BBC and Time-Life Films first broadcast in 1973; it was written and presented by British mathematician and historian of science Jacob Bronowski. Intended as a series of "personal view" documentaries in the manner of Kenneth Clark's 1969 series Civilisation, the series received acclaim for Bronowski's highly informed but eloquently simple analysis, his long, elegant monologues and its extensive location shoots. 

The title alludes to The Descent of Man (1871), Darwin's second book on evolution. Over the series' 13 episodes, Bronowski travelled around the world in order to trace the development of human society through its understanding of science. It was commissioned specifically to complement Kenneth Clark's Civilisation (1969), in which Clark argued that art reflected and was informed by the major driving forces in cultural evolution. Bronowski wrote in his 1951 book The Commonsense of Science: "It has been one of the most destructive modern prejudices that art and science are different and somehow incompatible interests". Both series were commissioned by David Attenborough, then controller of BBC Two, whose colleague Aubrey Singer had been astonished by Attenborough prioritising an arts series given his science background.[1]

The book of the series, The Ascent of Man: A Personal View, is an almost word-for-word transcript from the television episodes, diverging from Bronowski's original narration only where the lack of images might make its meaning unclear. A few details of the film version were omitted from the book, notably episode 11, "Knowledge or Certainty."

I give it a 9.75/10  .  This masterpiece documentary series had a profound impact on my early life that still echoes on to this day.  Ever thankful for it.  A complimentary piece to “Civilisation” (1969).  If you haven’t already, please - you must check out both of these series.

They don’t make em like this anymore.  A true hidden gem...a must see for the true psychedelic man, scientific minded, and those with a love of knowledge & wisdom.

Episodes:

Lower than the Angels – Evolution of humans from proto-ape to the modern form 400,000 years ago.
The Harvest of the Seasons – Early human migration, agriculture and the first settlements, and war.
The Grain in the Stone – Tools, and the development of architecture and sculpture.
The Hidden Structure – Fire, metals and alchemy.
Music of the Spheres – The language of numbers and mathematics.
The Starry Messenger – Galileo's universe—and the implications of his trial on the shift to "northern" science.
The Majestic Clockwork – Explores Newton and Einstein's laws.
The Drive for Power – The Industrial Revolution and the effect on everyday life.
The Ladder of Creation – Darwin and Wallace's ideas on the origin of species.
World within World – The story of the periodic table—and of the atom.
Knowledge or Certainty – Physics and the clash of the pursuit of absolute vs. imperfect knowledge, and the misgivings of the scientists realising the terrible outcome of the conflict. Auschwitz. Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Generation upon Generation – The joys of life, sex and genetics—and the dark side of cloning.
The Long Childhood – Bronowski's treatise on the commitment of humanity.

--------------------

InvisibleCarpEater
Iconoclast

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: The Blind Ass] * 2
    #26833729 - 07/20/20 07:02 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Uncut Gems, 9/10. Was as good as everyone says it is, great acting performances all around, but it's the soundtrack that really elevates this movie. An enjoyable watch.

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: CarpEater] * 1
    #26834180 - 07/20/20 12:34 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Rio Grande  8.5/10

The third and final of John Ford's "Cavalry trilogy," this was my second favorite, behind Fort Apache and ahead of She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. The directing is flawless and ahead of its time, and the story is quite satisfactory. Never boring for its high quality filmmaking, it's one to see for those who like westerns.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: DividedQuantum] * 1
    #26837894 - 07/22/20 10:10 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

A collective of reviews of the last few films I have watched:

Star Crystal (1986)
4/10

A movie that starts out as a low-budget rip-off of Alien that turns into a bizarre rip-off of E.T..  As I am usually into these type of flicks, this does not have enough of the low-budget camp or obscure uniqueness I crave.  Some points of interest though include a killing alien specimen that converts to a being of peace after reading the bible and a song at the end credits sang by Daphne of Scooby Doo fame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Crystal

Pink Lady and Jeff (TV show, 1980)
4/10

I'm not gonna go into much detail on this one but I recommend reading the Wikipedia article because it is fascinating and insane how this show even came about.  It was cool seeing Jim Varney at such a young age and I was reminded of the comic genius of Sid Caesar.  I would be nice to see a documentary about the show TV Guide claims to be #35 in the worst TV shows of all time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Lady_(TV_series)

Killer Elephants (aka Rumbling The Elephant) (1976)
5/10

This movie is riddled with brutal and relentless action insanity.  The mode of transportation the good guys use is riding on elephants.  I do not condone cruelty to animals but the bad guys would have one if they just shot the elephants but they were all just too terrified of them.  There is a scene when one of the bad guys is running and gets himself knocked out by hitting his head on an elephant penis.

Escape From Galaxy 3 (aka Starcrash 2)
5/10

Yet another Italian Star Wars rip-off, but what is unique about this one is that it eventually becomes the most softcore erotic film ever made.  Great cheesy sound effects abound and need to be sampled for the creation of beautiful musics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Galaxy_3

The Flying Luna Clipper (1987)
7/10

Imagine being under the influence of psychedelics and playing a Sega Genesis.  This is a 16-bit fever dream.  Such Japanese weirdness.  This is definitely one to put on on when you and your friends wanna get enhanced and watch something together.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7562368/
Watch free on the YooToobz

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

#26838460 - 07/22/20 02:22 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Ginger Snaps (2000)
9/10

Superbly done werewolf horror flick that also captures that late 90s vibe of high school films and soundtrack to match.  The acting and suspense level is really great.  I highly recommend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginger_Snaps_(film)

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #26838549 - 07/22/20 02:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Part 2 is pretty cool too IMHE.

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #26840161 - 07/23/20 09:50 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The Humanoid (1979)
7/10

This film is really trying to beat out Starcrash as my favorite Italian Star Wars rip-off film and this film has the most blatant thefts of Star Wars ideas and objects.  Nonetheless, I found it to be a fun, entertaining film.  I would have loved this movie as I kid but back then, when I held the Lucasfilm franchise in such high regard, I wouldn't have been able to get past the boss villian having a Darth helmet, the landspeeders, the ship that looked too much like a star destroyer and a canine version of R2-D2.  The movie is actually 79% Star Wars, 29% Frankenstein and 1% Iron Giant.  There is a website dedicated to the film even.  Alternative titles I would have made for this film:

Franken Von Nerf Herderstein
Young Mr. Miyagi: In A Galaxy Far, Far Way
Her Head Is The Eagle's Nest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Humanoid_(1979_film)

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

#26840384 - 07/23/20 11:14 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Knock off Vader looks like a samurai

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: rate the last movie you watched [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26840452 - 07/23/20 11:46 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Knock off Vader looks like a samurai

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it last night.

I couldn't get over the chick's hair looking like an eagle was roosting on her head.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

#26840484 - 07/23/20 11:59 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

All that leather & rubber & black plastic & metal reminds me of the old Dune movie.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | Next > | Last >

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract