Home | Community | Message Board


FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJoeMama1992
Asleep at the Wheel


Registered: 12/27/11
Posts: 823
Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine?
    #16166699 - 05/01/12 06:35 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

I did not ask this particular question on wiki, but I found an answer here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Albert_Einstein_ever_use_drugs




Question: Did Albert Einstein ever use drugs?

Answer: Einstien's blood was tested after his death. The autopsy showed traces of LSD as well as Dimethyl-triptimene (DMT)

In 1955, Albert Einstein died from his heart exploding 'burst aortic aneurysm' which could have easily been caused by years of cocaine use in conjunction with his age at that time as cocaine users are found to have more than four times the risk of coronary artery aneurysms than non cocaine users as per the Journal of the American Heart Association.


Legit or total BS?

(Also, let me know if this is in the wrong place.)


--------------------
:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (total devastation)


Registered: 11/12/11
Posts: 21,184
Loc: Boston
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: JoeMama1992] * 1
    #16166719 - 05/01/12 06:40 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

“Everything is determined…by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust—we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.”
—Albert Einstein

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self.”
Sounds psychedelic/DMT-ish to me :shrug:


--------------------
Don't be a damn hippy and please buy a supporter account. Thank you.




i smoked dmt and saw Joe Rogan


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStratman
virgin mycologist


Registered: 06/30/11
Posts: 294
Loc: At the centre of infinity
Last seen: 1 year, 10 months
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16166998 - 05/01/12 07:37 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

He was definitely tapping into the well of original thought. Something very rare.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHarryLS
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery


Registered: 11/16/10
Posts: 8,066
Loc: Washington State
Last seen: 11 months, 17 days
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: Stratman] * 1
    #16167204 - 05/01/12 08:14 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

It's bs
His most productive years where 1904 and 1905...
And we all know when LSD was first made...  1938

I heard they found it in his spinal fluid! Just freakn bs.. Time scales are wrong... What was available and when...

Have read and heard it before... And other attempts to put drugs into the history of science
Most are false... Watson and Crick for instance... Again... Timing doesnt add up

Now... For Einstein, before  in 1903,  Coca cola was true to its name .....

Old topic..

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15158058


--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe locked shroom
Stranger
Registered: 07/12/10
Posts: 327
Last seen: 5 years, 7 months
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: HarryL]
    #16167387 - 05/01/12 08:55 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

No, he didn't.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoeMama1992
Asleep at the Wheel


Registered: 12/27/11
Posts: 823
. [Re: the locked shroom]
    #16168946 - 05/02/12 01:48 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

.


Edited by JoeMama1992 (11/08/13 10:47 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethinkyou
Stranger
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/15/12
Posts: 71
Last seen: 5 years, 3 months
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #16169318 - 05/02/12 03:47 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

i thought DMT was endogenous to the human body.  also, when you consume it from an outside source, isnt it metabolized in a short time?  if he did have excess DMT in his system, the longest trip i know of is from ayahuasca which is gone in 8 hours.  then again the pineal gland is supposed to dose you when you die so everyone in theory would be swimming in DMT at death.

also, i would add that probably no toxicologist would be looking for DMT or LSD in 1955.


--------------------
Disclaimer: I am not responsible.



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebowen113
Stranger
Registered: 05/02/12
Posts: 3
Last seen: 6 years, 25 days
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #16169340 - 05/02/12 03:54 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Good articles, exactly where did you arrive up with the info in this item? I’m pleased I identified it despite the fact that, ill be checking back soon to observe what other content articles you might have.


--------------------
Replica watches lover:rolex replica,tag heuer replica,patek philippe replica


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/09/11
Posts: 3,071
Loc: infinite dimensional void
Last seen: 4 months, 29 days
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #16169418 - 05/02/12 04:30 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

After the discovery of LSD, it was being distributed to various academics around the world. I bet Sandoz still has the documents with lists of people that received it.


--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekorey
First Breath After Eternity
Male
Registered: 08/11/09
Posts: 60
Last seen: 5 years, 2 months
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: Lord_McLovin] * 1
    #16169491 - 05/02/12 05:07 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

None of this can or has been proven. To speculate based on beliefs and statements he has made public is nothing more than egotistical, mental masturbation. To first equate psychedelic drug use with intelligence and open mindedness and then to secondly apply it to an extremely brilliant and successful individual who has helped revolutionize science is in my opinion, an uninteresting stance to take when contemplating his cognitive ability.


--------------------
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn’t matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it..” - Alexander Shulgin


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

Registered: 04/11/11
Posts: 1,033
Last seen: 8 months, 26 days
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: korey] * 1
    #16169812 - 05/02/12 08:34 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

:whathesaid:.
Whether or not Einstein took drugs, it would be irrelevant to link it with his cognitive ability and findings. His personal philosophy can be argued as being of "enlightened" thought; but to suppose it must have come from drug use is to be ignorant.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezarzar
Uninitiated
 User Gallery


Registered: 03/21/12
Posts: 32
Last seen: 5 years, 24 days
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: Fronnis]
    #16169845 - 05/02/12 09:00 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I agree. When you make these tentative links, you fall dangerously close to suggesting that the drugs were the gateway to his amazing intellectual and philosophical understanding.

And if you think that, then you might go arrogantly forth and proclaim to be capable to tap into that well.

I ain't saying your no genius, but lets all have some modesty about us now :sun:

Quote:

Fronnis said:
:whathesaid:.
Whether or not Einstein took drugs, it would be irrelevant to link it with his cognitive ability and findings. His personal philosophy can be argued as being of "enlightened" thought; but to suppose it must have come from drug use is to be ignorant.




Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible420Experience
GC#3
 User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 08/13/10
Posts: 701
Loc: Searching the Rabbit Hole...
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: HarryL]
    #16169905 - 05/02/12 09:30 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
It's bs
His most productive years where 1904 and 1905...
And we all know when LSD was first made...  1938

I heard they found it in his spinal fluid! Just freakn bs.. Time scales are wrong... What was available and when...

Have read and heard it before... And other attempts to put drugs into the history of science
Most are false... Watson and Crick for instance... Again... Timing doesnt add up

Now... For Einstein, before  in 1903,  Coca cola was true to its name .....

Old topic..

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15158058




Err...  Watson and Crick published their double-helix model in 1953 (well after Sandoz began widely distributing in the science/psychiatric fields).

I must say that I agree korey, with respect to Einstein.  It is probably also worth noting that many of the rather reclusive scientists of very high intelligence tended to shy away from drugs and alcohol for fear of destroying their intelligence...  Feynman talked about it on a few occasions :shrug:

:2cents: :peace:


--------------------
And as far as I'm concerned, it's like I say, drugs are not the problem. Other stuff is the problem. ~Jerry Garcia

I am a catepillar surfing on smoke through Shpongleland...



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegobblegobble
dimitri says hi
 User Gallery

Registered: 03/13/12
Posts: 90
Last seen: 5 years, 1 month
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: 420Experience]
    #16170057 - 05/02/12 10:27 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I didn't read the whole thread but I feel I have something to say here.  Some people are naturally creative as he was, and they don't need drugs.  Their minds are already set as if they used drugs their entire lives to get this creativity, but the truth is...everyone is different.  Our brains are more powerful than any drug out there.
I doubt he did drugs, but ofc I don't know.


--------------------
Drugs are bad, except the good ones


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoeMama1992
Asleep at the Wheel


Registered: 12/27/11
Posts: 823
. [Re: gobblegobble]
    #16171569 - 05/02/12 04:32 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

.


Edited by JoeMama1992 (11/08/13 10:46 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStratman
virgin mycologist


Registered: 06/30/11
Posts: 294
Loc: At the centre of infinity
Last seen: 1 year, 10 months
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: Stratman]
    #16173742 - 05/02/12 11:08 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Stratman said:
He was definitely tapping into the well of original thought. Something very rare.





JFC I wasnt suggesting that he was a mega-genius due to drugs. He really was tapping into original thought naturally. Im yet to come across a truly brilliant mind who displayed contempt for mind altering substances.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Registered: 01/23/12
Posts: 2,666
Last seen: 1 day, 10 hours
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #24883764 - 01/01/18 09:27 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

Interesting thread. I wanted to inquire what drugs Einstein took and came across this thread. Wasn't during his time those drugs were technically legal and or still not mainstream? I'm surprised DMT was even mentioned. I wasn't even sure if DMT was even established during his time as it's such a new drug name (to me). I've just heard of that drug in recent years. During his time the so called "smart drugs" weren't even thought of that a drug could be possible in making someone "smart". No one even knew that dopamine reuptake was key...

Thank cocaine?

Quote:

JoeMama1992 said:
I did not ask this particular question on wiki, but I found an answer here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Albert_Einstein_ever_use_drugs




Question: Did Albert Einstein ever use drugs?

Answer: Einstien's blood was tested after his death. The autopsy showed traces of LSD as well as Dimethyl-triptimene (DMT)

In 1955, Albert Einstein died from his heart exploding 'burst aortic aneurysm' which could have easily been caused by years of cocaine use in conjunction with his age at that time as cocaine users are found to have more than four times the risk of coronary artery aneurysms than non cocaine users as per the Journal of the American Heart Association.


Legit or total BS?

(Also, let me know if this is in the wrong place.)




Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Registered: 01/23/12
Posts: 2,666
Last seen: 1 day, 10 hours
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: gobblegobble]
    #24883791 - 01/01/18 09:36 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

Agreed. Considering it was our own brains (the human brain) that created and gave birth to these drugs...for them to become drugs.

Drugs are nothing more than an ancillary IMO.

I think Einstein took drugs but during those days, no one talked about it. No one even talks about Einstein's wife  was his cousin...

Quote:

gobblegobble said:
I didn't read the whole thread but I feel I have something to say here.  Some people are naturally creative as he was, and they don't need drugs.  Their minds are already set as if they used drugs their entire lives to get this creativity, but the truth is...everyone is different.  Our brains are more powerful than any drug out there.
I doubt he did drugs, but ofc I don't know.




Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Registered: 01/23/12
Posts: 2,666
Last seen: 1 day, 10 hours
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: 420Experience]
    #24883804 - 01/01/18 09:41 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

Understand that during those days, drug use was stigmatized like mating out of wedlock! That was the reason why no one ever admitted to its use! Those so called reclusive scientists were closeted guinea pigs! They would be the first ones to get their hands on those drugs! Something to think about!

Quote:

420Experience said:
Quote:

HarryL said:
It's bs
His most productive years where 1904 and 1905...
And we all know when LSD was first made...  1938

I heard they found it in his spinal fluid! Just freakn bs.. Time scales are wrong... What was available and when...

Have read and heard it before... And other attempts to put drugs into the history of science
Most are false... Watson and Crick for instance... Again... Timing doesnt add up

Now... For Einstein, before  in 1903,  Coca cola was true to its name .....

Old topic..

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15158058




Err...  Watson and Crick published their double-helix model in 1953 (well after Sandoz began widely distributing in the science/psychiatric fields).

I must say that I agree korey, with respect to Einstein.  It is probably also worth noting that many of the rather reclusive scientists of very high intelligence tended to shy away from drugs and alcohol for fear of destroying their intelligence...  Feynman talked about it on a few occasions :shrug:

:2cents: :peace:




Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Registered: 01/23/12
Posts: 2,666
Last seen: 1 day, 10 hours
Re: Albert Einstein, LSD, DMT, & Cocaine? [Re: zarzar]
    #24883825 - 01/01/18 09:49 PM (4 months, 21 days ago)

Didn't Einstein flunk math? Can someone find a source?

Quote:

zarzar said:
I agree. When you make these tentative links, you fall dangerously close to suggesting that the drugs were the gateway to his amazing intellectual and philosophical understanding.

And if you think that, then you might go arrogantly forth and proclaim to be capable to tap into that well.

I ain't saying your no genius, but lets all have some modesty about us now :sun:

Quote:

Fronnis said:
:whathesaid:.
Whether or not Einstein took drugs, it would be irrelevant to link it with his cognitive ability and findings. His personal philosophy can be argued as being of "enlightened" thought; but to suppose it must have come from drug use is to be ignorant.







Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ever done low dosage psilocybin for a long period of time?
( 1 2 all )
robinhood2 4,845 27 11/30/04 12:44 AM
by acidblue
* Einstien fakee 1,110 11 09/16/05 07:08 PM
by kungfusilas
* A contemporary scientific overview of LSD action [with .pdf version attached for convenience] AsanteA 6,931 11 03/10/15 09:35 AM
by Chief Kief
* LSD.......is it really what you are paying for?
( 1 2 3 all )
CPT_InSaNo 4,855 49 03/03/12 04:25 AM
by indica
* bad accidents on lsd
( 1 2 3 all )
unearth 4,087 52 05/26/05 07:30 PM
by beatnicknick
* will LSD last?
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 3,418 24 11/05/17 12:38 AM
by Northerner
* LSD'rs - Clue me in... Pablo_Escobar 1,622 14 09/25/04 04:53 AM
by DjEllisD
* Can one empathically affect liquid LSD?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
BlueMeanie25 2,375 96 04/09/18 04:59 PM
by Bill_Oreilly

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, sui, karode13
84,951 topic views. 7 members, 276 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2018 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 18 queries.