Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Left Coast Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Leaf Powder   PhytoExtractum Green Vein Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetechnomobster123
I am the Future
Male User Gallery

What are people expreinces with Kratom?
    #16156446 - 04/29/12 07:31 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

WHat is the high like? Is it enjoyable?

What are your experiences with it?

--------------------

"Can't change the world, unless we change ourselves"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineamontripper
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: technomobster123]
    #16156540 - 04/29/12 07:51 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It's pleasant, but nothing special.
Most people find it to be stimulating in lower doses and sedating in higher ones. So dose accordingly. Too much will make you sick like you wouldn't believe though.
Each strain has varying levels of alkaloids, so effects also differ according to what you get.
I'd say more if it were anything to write home about.

There are tons of threads here on it though.

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: amontripper]
    #16157068 - 04/29/12 10:04 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe I just have a strong stomach, but I never ended up getting sick when I was taking kratom. I use to put a pretty large amount on a peanut butter sandwich (kratom powder mixs well with the peanut butter). But ya, I thought it was pretty damn good. Always made me feel like I had been drinking but it didn't really effect my motor skills and left my mind pretty clear.

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
ya ya ya wompum wompum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: OliverJames]
    #16157810 - 04/30/12 12:40 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Kratom + weed = amazing.

Offlineoysterman
Stranger
Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #16183067 - 05/04/12 09:12 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

where do you buy kratom from?

Offlinemikeisapro
Pro

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: oysterman]
    #16183245 - 05/04/12 09:54 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Well it's pretty easy to find buddy so I won't tell you where to get it, but I will share my experience with it.

If you  like opiates (most people do) you will like the stuff. But imo it's too expensive for the high. The high is not very euphoric compared to opiates. It has similar effects, and when you take a highish dose you can get really dreamy and surreal and totally relaxed, but it is missing some euphoria.

I would rather pay for opiates or even try to buy pods or something before buying more kratom, if only for the price. You really pay for it acting similar to opiates neurologically.

But it's definitely worth a try, hell it's an herb that gives you an opiate-like experience :shrug:

--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Offlineak47myth
Stranger

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: mikeisapro]
    #16183608 - 05/04/12 11:19 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

How can people say that Kratom is too expensive? You can get 100 grams of Bali Kratom for $33. Only takes 2-3 grams for me to be feeling good.

I highly enjoy kratom. But be careful with dosage.. I've puked my brains out a few times when I've taken too much with a low tolerance. :wink:

InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: ak47myth]
    #16183616 - 05/04/12 11:22 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:agentgtfo:
:thumbup:

InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: OliverJames]
    #16183655 - 05/04/12 11:34 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OliverJames said:
Maybe I just have a strong stomach, but I never ended up getting sick when I was taking kratom. I use to put a pretty large amount on a peanut butter sandwich (kratom powder mixs well with the peanut butter). But ya, I thought it was pretty damn good. Always made me feel like I had been drinking but it didn't really effect my motor skills and left my mind pretty clear.

are you serios about the peanut butter part ?:borat:

OfflineRoyA
Stranger
Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: CounterCulturest]
    #16184478 - 05/05/12 02:52 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

it's a gentle, calm rushing sensation throughout the body, kind of like the last five seconds of an orgasm. it makes me sick when i have anything else in my stomach, though, and that kind of ruins it most of the time.

you know that 'heavy' feeling you get after eating a weed brownie? it feels like that, except more pleasurable, and there's little to no changing of the thought processes (but maybe that changes with larger doses, i've only done moderate amounts).

it's pretty pleasant overall, i'd definitely recommend trying it. it's something you can do and function perfectly.

--------------------
-RoyA

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
ya ya ya wompum wompum

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: oysterman]
    #16184607 - 05/05/12 03:47 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oysterman said:
where do you buy kratom from?

I buy mine from local headshops.  The brand I got was Captain Kratom... it worked well for me

Offlinemikeisapro
Pro

#16185429 - 05/05/12 12:06 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I got some from a headshop and it was really expensive...they screwed me over if it's true that you can get 100 grams for 33 dollars like ak47myth said. Mine was like 20 dollars for 3 grams or something. :facepalm:

--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
ya ya ya wompum wompum

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: mikeisapro]
    #16186127 - 05/05/12 03:22 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Damn ya $20 for 3g seems like a rip-off.  I got 10 grams for ~$24 and 3/4g would get me nice and toasty

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
    #16186201 - 05/05/12 03:42 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I personally get a very energetic type opiate buzz from just the regular powder. I usually take about 6-8 teaspoons and this gets me fine. My wife however experiences more of the opiate side of the Kratom but we both enjoy it very much!! ...e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Down South Flag
Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: electrics]
    #16186719 - 05/05/12 06:19 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

This might be something I wanna look in to.
But, I've heard much better thing about pods, and they seem to be much more worth one's time and money.
Pods of the poppy plant/opium pods, idk what the hell to call them. check em out. Most make a tea out of them and get good an high.

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

OfflineB-A-S
been there smoked that

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: technomobster123]
    #16188800 - 05/06/12 04:09 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

my experience is simply this.. a friend brought over a little vile of powder (Kratom) the vile was 30$ he said and was legal from a smokeshop. we split it 50/50 and mixed it with water. I pounded my glass like a beer and in a while my whole body felt heavy, even lifting my arm felt like a chore.  After a while I was sick of feeling physically weak but it went on,  I smoked some chronic but it really just made me feel more tired and had no energy to do anything. Thats really all, i came down and couldnt believe it was 15 bucks for my half..  my friend who bought it said he felt almost nothing. There was a sense of being "high" sorta of but it was almost all a heavy body feeing.  i wondered how it would be using it as a sleeping aid

--------------------
On a quest to wake up to reality and remember who I am.  If we are all god trying to forget, is ignorance the answer?

OfflineTheDoorknob
Stranger

Re: What are people expreinces with Kratom? [Re: B-A-S]
    #16189040 - 05/06/12 06:51 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It is awesome.

Depending on the strain, there are different effects, as with mj. The white veins are energetic, and rather euphoric. The red veins are more sedating and comfy. The green veins are in between. Generally, there is an energy rush at first, and the soothing effects calmly take over after about an hour. It's very dreamy and comforting, anxiolytic, euphoric from time to time, and the body buzz is just great. The fun thing is: you can mix strains until you find your perfect blend.

Crappy kratom last 2 hours tops, but if you have a good strain, you can easily get a buzz for about 5 - 7 hours, even longer if you mix.

Kratom is imho an activating drug. It's wonderful to do you chores or repetitive, boring work under it's influence, cause it gets you to really wanna do some work, even make it very enjoyable. Of course, the more sedating strains are wonderful when you're just chilling in the couch.

Dosage: I tend to stick to a 4-6 gram dose. Some people go up to 20, but they probably just have high tolerance. Kratom has a kind of ceiling effect, where taking more doesn't necessarily turn into a better high. It takes some trial and error to get to know where your ceiling is, depending also on the strain. Any amount taken above that heighten the risk of nausea, jitter, wobbly vision, loss of balance etc. Under you should be fine.

I never had any trouble mixing it with a light meal, but some people do. personally I prefer to wash it down an hour before I eat something. Never experienced any nausea that way.

It's a very calm, relaxing drug, but don't overdo it. Making a daily habit out of it will result in withdrawal symptoms, as it has opoid properties. No real risk of addiction if you do it properly.

As I said, it combines beautifully with weed, making the high more lucid. It can be used in a party setting, I go for the more energizing strains then. Moderate drinking is fine, you tend to feel the alcohol blend in with the kratom. Normally, if you start drinking on a buzz, it'll be fun and nice, and your body will tell you where your limits are. But don't do as I once did: get very drunk and decide to add a bit of kratom in the mix. I puked very hard, and saw nothing but black during.

So: Yay kratom!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Left Coast Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Leaf Powder   PhytoExtractum Green Vein Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience