Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: egodeathflux]
    #16155239 - 04/29/12 12:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

egodeathflux said:
Yeah, what the fuck is with Mayan/Aztec hallucinations and rolling/extended tongues, really common occurence for me.

You should see what Terence has to say about this. He mentions that the spirit of those that use a chemical is imbedded in it. Like our collective experience on mushrooms, DMT, etc leaves a fingerprint that impacts future experiences. When speaking on mushrooms in particular he says it's fairly wide open because the history of human use is quite small and short in time compared to DMT. Fascinating stuff. He mentions aztec imagery explicitly, and also says it's inherent in the LSA trip with morning glories because the Mayans/Aztecs used it prevalently.

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

Edited by elkart (04/29/12 12:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDuraldo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: elkart]
    #16155278 - 04/29/12 12:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like you're smoking it wrong (or wrong substance). I know plenty of people who did not follow directions, and smoked it incorrectly, and were very dissapointed. However, I explained the "proper" way to smoke it, and they blasted off. Likewise, there had been times where SWIM had smoked it, in a half-assed way (one time didn't have enough D, and SWIM wanted to be sure their friend got enough for their first time, so he took pussy hits), that time, I barely got any visuals.

A friend of SWIM, reccommends this: either pack ALOT and just torch it like MJ, and hold it in as long as possible, and get a really big rip. Then take 1 or 2 smaller ones after. Smoke 3-4 "regular" hits, but holding the smoke for at least 10-15 Mississippis.

SWIM has seen aztec visuals on Mescaline, but never on DMT, DMT tends to give a either a very sci-fi/fantasy type of trip/visuals. Even quasi-religious (last time he did D, it was on Mescaline, and everything went black, then lights started floating, and singing this amazingly beautiful music. It was just darkness, and  floating "angels" is what he calls them.)

If at first you don't succeed, re-evaluate, then smoalk moar.

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: LeafMindSurfer]
    #16155457 - 04/29/12 01:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

But I did ask and didn't receive a reply. (about meds)

I apologise, I missed your initial post, even after checking twice, happy to admit when I'm wrong.

Again, I have tried DMT with various substances and found they have no reducing effect. I made no claims that was a universal absolute though, was merely highlighting that these drugs DO stop mushrooms from working (I could eat 8-9g on SSRI's and get a mild buzz at best.)

In fact I raised the issue of medication in the 1st place, so obviously I considered it a possibilty.

Not sure how this turned into an argument, not trying to give you a hard time. :peace:

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"

OfflineStratman
virgin mycologist

Loc: At the centre of infinity
    #16155907 - 04/29/12 03:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok Ive probably listened to  all of the DMT videos on youtube so I was ready for one hell of a ride.
This stuff was a yellowish powder that liquefied in the crack pipe. I bought 0.01 of a gram and smoked it within two hits. I held it in as long as I could and it instantly changed my visual perception while giving me a massive high but I didnt experience visuals such as patterns, aliens or anything of the sort.

If I had to explain the visuals it would be similar to the looking through heat vapour where reality warps with a shimmering effect.

I do have valium however I havent used any for a while.

It seems Ive had the pussy dose and need to blaze some up like I mean it.  :hehehe:

--------------------

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: Stratman]
    #16155941 - 04/29/12 03:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, 0.01 grams is 10mg, which is an extremely low dose.  You should be looking for more like 30-50mg for a solid dose, depending of the efficacy of your smoking method.  Using a glass vapor genie, many people breakthrough off of about 20mg.  Oil burner pipes are less efficient unless you're damn good at smoking out of one, and most people aren't.

Might I suggest the sandwich method?  A bit of bud with DMT sprinkled on top and another layer of bud on top of that.  Cherry the top, and take fat rips of it, preferably from a bong.  Works like a charm :thumbup:  I don't think I'll go back to using an oil burner now that I have DMT infused weed and a good piece to do the sandwich method with.

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16155967 - 04/29/12 03:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
Quote:

Stratman said:
I came across DMT yesterday and wasted no time in finding out what all the fuss was about. Amazing sensation but I was surprised to find that there were very little visuals and not really that much to reflect upon after the trip was over. Dont get me wrong, I was gone for a while but it was nothing like what I heard and read.

Is this just me or do others agree?

Why do people regard DMT as the king pin of psychedelics? IMHO shrooms and LSD are a far more philosophical, profound and important experience.

Smoke 4 large inhales while peaking on mushrooms and a real-life holographic UFO made of light will breakthrough into your room and hover next to you so close you could touch it. Dont give DMT a bad name because you dont know how to do it right, yet.

first of all he wasnt bad naming DMT, he was asking a question.

second, holy fuck you are so delusional.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: k00laid]
    #16155978 - 04/29/12 03:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
Quote:

Stratman said:
I came across DMT yesterday and wasted no time in finding out what all the fuss was about. Amazing sensation but I was surprised to find that there were very little visuals and not really that much to reflect upon after the trip was over. Dont get me wrong, I was gone for a while but it was nothing like what I heard and read.

Why do people regard DMT as the king pin of psychedelics? IMHO shrooms and LSD are a far more philosophical, profound and important experience.

Smoke 4 large inhales while peaking on mushrooms and a real-life holographic UFO made of light will breakthrough into your room and hover next to you so close you could touch it. Dont give DMT a bad name because you dont know how to do it right, yet.

Have you seen some of his threads? :lol:

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #16156312 - 04/29/12 05:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

He's my one and only "ignore", ever.

Gave up on him after reading 3-4 posts. He just seems aggressive and anything but helpful/constructive.

End rant/.

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #16156818 - 04/29/12 07:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

egodeathflux said:
Yeah, what the fuck is with Mayan/Aztec hallucinations and rolling/extended tongues, really common occurence for me.

Yeah man I hear ya.  I've even had some SUPER disturbing ultra high res closed eye imagery of a an almost circus like clown face with a neon lit tongue rolling in an out with a forboding sense of doom coming out of it like a cloud of pestilence.  Weeeeird shit.  I can't explain it at all, and there was no set/setting/imagery that would have induced or inspired that.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: k00laid]
    #16157165 - 04/29/12 08:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
Quote:

Stratman said:

Someone that says shrooms and lsd are far more profound than DMT is giving it a bad name, ignorant cunt. :lolsy:

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #16157449 - 04/29/12 09:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
Quote:

Stratman said:

Someone that says shrooms and lsd are far more profound than DMT is giving it a bad name, ignorant cunt. :lolsy:

No need to call others names here.

Stratman just hasn't gotten a sizable dose of DMT.  He said he got very little visual distortion, which means he didn't get enough.  Even low doses of DMT give me visuals that are on par with reasonably intense mushroom or LSD visuals. :shrug:

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

#16157500 - 04/29/12 09:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:

Damn dude.. that's harsh, don't you think? Look at it this way: I don't think anyone on this forum is all that ignorant. If they're doing psychedelics in the first place that should be a clear indicator. Isn't searching with ANY entheogen good enough?

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: elkart]
    #16157521 - 04/29/12 09:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

elkart said:
Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:

Damn dude.. that's harsh, don't you think? Look at it this way: I don't think anyone on this forum is all that ignorant. If they're doing psychedelics in the first place that should be a clear indicator. Isn't searching with ANY entheogen good enough?

My drugs are more profound than your drugs!  :kingcrankey:

OfflineLeafMindSurfer
Wizard of mushrooms

#16158716 - 04/30/12 03:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You know it doesn't matter, I am well versed in the pharmacology of tryptamines and there was an implied assumption from you that me not smoking DMT would make my 'message'(you saying it wasn't a message?) less speculative, to the OP your experience is also hearsay and you did read my first post as you brought this up. That I mentioned not smoking it.

I was just replying to the other guy's brief semantic post about no visuals with further semantics about it not necessarily being true.

You did come of as a cunt even if you say didn't mean to, and it backfired at ya. I usually transcend idiomatic replies on Mary but alas, there was none, and that would be my mistake of it all.

But there's no further animosity here, I'll just leave this thread and say up and out this bitch. Peace!

Edit: that left a bad aftertaste after hitting reply, so I just wanna say we where both over reacting and you don't seem unreasonable, so you know, have a good one. And to shortly un digress I have no doubt DMT worth the fuzz if you've got ordinary brain chemistry going, Terence McKenna has never let me down so far.

Edited by LeafMindSurfer (04/30/12 04:34 AM)

OfflineJonWilliamHenry018
Stranger

#16159330 - 04/30/12 08:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've broken through on DMT and had a pretty crazy LSD trip, both of them taught me things equally important to improve upon. But i have to say DMT really put it in my ass and twisted it, that shit isn't even funny..

Edited by JonWilliamHenry018 (04/30/12 08:55 AM)

OfflineStratman
virgin mycologist

Loc: At the centre of infinity
Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: JonWilliamHenry018]
    #16161018 - 04/30/12 03:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has cleared it up as far as Im concerned. I'll let my source know he's not dosing it correctly.

I'll report back to this thread when I've had the fully blown experience and I'm looking forward to it. I was pretty amazed that it didnt throw me into another dimension and now I know why.

Oh and mushroomJesus, I suggest you lay off the drugs for a while, get laid or brush up on your comprehension skills before spitting out unnecessary hatred. It's doing you no favours.  :chillpill: :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineCircaNSM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: Stratman]
    #16163872 - 05/01/12 01:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I can speak to this matter with profound proximity, as I had the same problem my first time smoking DMT and just tried it again last night. It must have been that I didn't do enough or that it wasn't any good. That assumption for this issue seems right on the money.

I purchased some two days ago and since then have been dancing around trying it. As I left my apartment to get some food last night, I had memories of my wild childhood in mind. I remembered eating five rolls at once when I was 14 in the spirit of excess I had so admired in stories of Hunter Thompson. I thought if I was wild enough to "just do it" then, I should stop being such a pussy now. By the time I got home, I had a pitcher of beer in me and a determination like no other.

I must say that the scariness of doing DMT is almost exactly the feeling one may experience in line for a huge roller coaster; almost shockingly so.

I whizzed into my apartment, psyched up, and informed my roommate that I was going to smoke it finally. I packed some weed, packed some deemsters on top, and prepared for the disgusting taste. After ripping a full hit I sat on my couch and took in visuals that were almost as mild as the ones I had first experienced: small geographic disturbances in my field of vision, nothing crazy. My roommate took his hit in the kitchen and then I took the bowl from him as he was done and roasted the rest of the weed that was in there. Zooooooooooooom.

I almost stumbled to the couch as everything in my apartment began to heavily pixelate. I remember thinking that I had finally arrived where all these people told me about. These self-proclaimed "psychonauts" who sensationalized mushrooms and LSD to such a degree that I felt that no psychedelic could take me to the place they described. But I was fucking THERE. Indescribable.

I don't remember a whole lot about the 30-40 second coming in phase, but I do remember certain snapshots of my hallucinations. It seemed that, whatever happened to me, it was very cartoonish. In fact, I told my roommate, in the middle of this wild roller coaster ride, that DMT is just being in "The Simpsons". Every object in my apartment was rendered in a simple representative color. There were no shadows, no gradients, no disturbances. My proportions were incredibly sharp and my clothes seemed to be starched and pressed in my sitting position like they were made of cardboard. The couch cushions, normally puffy and beat up, were clean like heavy leather ones. My couch seemed huge, but not because it changed size, just because the colors were so clean. My computer screen looked like a black and grey camouflage image, almost as if my brain couldn't possibly render the complexity of the website I was on and just spit out a cheap imitation. My entire apartment looked completely fake.

Now don't get me wrong, I was completely aware of where I was. However, no amount of mushrooms (and I've taken a lot) or LSD (and I've taken a lot) has ever done that to me. Nothing has EVER done that to me. If I doubled the dose, I would have lost my apartment altogether; my brain unable to piece together the presentable reality I live in day by day.

My apartment (paintings and everything) turning into a crisp, clean animation was not the only thing that I saw, this I'm sure of. However, everything was happening so fast, that is, my brain was experiencing something so different, that I couldn't even store memories of the events. I would say that 70-80% of my experience was the cartoonish reality.

I couldn't begin to explain it or put reasoning behind it or even allude to what it means. I think it would be irresponsible of anyone to try to categorize it or simplify it's beauty into a rational explanation. It would be just as bad as adding religious dogma to an innately spiritual experience and probably similar in it's corrupt effect. I still maintain that people who describe experiences like mine in the context of LSD and mushrooms are probably full of shit, however I could not ever be cynical about DMT. It is a cut above any other psychedelic; it's not psychedelic, or hallucinogenic, it's something else. It's not an experience as petty as psychedelics. It could completely blow your mind wide open.

Since I had this experience 24 hours ago I've been thinking about the implications of it, simply because DMT occurs in everything. Just the idea that it's possible that the way we interpret the mathematics of the universe is metered by this drug is mind blowing enough. In summation, the experience itself is somewhat novel compared to the implications of the experience.

You are wrong now like I was wrong then. DMT is, without question or recourse, the most amazing thing that I've ever experienced. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because I don't even fully understand what it is, how it works, and what it means for humanity, life, and the universe. If you are adamant about trying it, take an adequate dose next time. All I can say (and I know it's cliche) is you'll know where you are when you get there.

--------------------
"Don't mind the haters though I love 'em 'cause they vindicate, so I can keep puttin' eighths of mushrooms on my dinner plate. I'm rubbin' criticism all over my skin and face... "

We need more popsicle sticks, STAT

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

#16176051 - 05/03/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow.

That post made little to no sense as well.

It's not hearsay if have direct personal experience. You seem to be pretending to know things you have no idea about, I listened to all of Terence McKenna's stuff years ago, how are his descriptions not hearsay too?

And don't go swanning around this forum calling people cunts. I wasn't rude to you at all, I apologised for the confusion as I didn't see your first post and you proceed to call me a cunt, nice one.

Seems I might have another scalp on my ignore list, I'm really not into rudeness, I would love to know what makes me a cunt though, :pm: me if you have some more shit to talk, don't fill up someone else's thread with your vitriolic nonsense.

:picard:

--------------------

OfflineGlo
Just a guy in the world

#16180564 - 05/04/12 06:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

There's so much talk about how much to smoke.
Whenever I smoke DMT. I take one hit and hold it in for as long as I can. Before I even let it out I start to trip out.

The visuals are the most intense out of anything I've ever taken. So it's pretty clear that wasn't true DMT.

Offlinedidier12
Stranger
Re: DMT was not what I expected. [Re: Glo]
    #16180749 - 05/04/12 08:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

When you break through you wont just get visuals you'll be in a completely different dimension entirely.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds